Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What job is you? Or what job you want to the future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naren_ayu View Post

I do know about that..

I always keep what my great grand ma said to me..asking about a job is a sensitive question to some people when you wanna make friendship because it relate to economic status..when people have pure intention to make friendship to someone, without asking what their job is, they will know by themselves..when i make friends with some westerners in bali..i always skip of the question about their job, and i know by myself when i keep them as friends....

In interpals, i tried to ask someone here eventhough i felt so doubt whether it is appropriate or not and he said he is a carpenter..
    I dont use interpals as a dating site because i am not sure about interpals people to become a partner...
    Work is a big part of life and asking someone about their job is just another way to get to know them as a person. It's only rude if you have some ulterior motive for wanting to know their economic status or are going to judge them because of it.

Btw I'm a caregiver for people with developmental disabilities. I've been doing this work for over 25 years and plan to do so until I retire. Then Sofia and I will settle down to a quiet life with hopefully some occasional travel involved.

That's the plan anyway. But if it doesn't work out then I may need to find me an Indonesian sugar momma.
    Last edited by ChrisShiva; 02-21-2018, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post

Work is a big part of life and asking someone about their job is just another way to get to know them as a person. It's only rude if you have some ulterior motive for wanting to know their economic status or are going to judge them because of it.

Btw I'm a caregiver for people with developmental disabilities. I've been doing this work for over 25 years and plan to do so until I retire. Then Sofia and I will settle down to a quiet life with hopefully some occasional travel involved.

That's the plan anyway. But if it doesn't work out then I may need to find me an Indonesian sugar momma.
      Yes i know your job because you had answered the same question before..my job is still the same....
      Yes i said..i did once to interpaller here because other people asked the same question in pm...actually i dont mind with people's job as long as it is not harm to my life example job relate to criminals or mafia..

Comment

I've always worked at office/finance/credit/fraud jobs for most of my working life. I still work a job like that, but i have started to do freelance work as a photographer. I wouldn't like to do photography full time as it is unlikely i'll make the same salary with it as i do now, and it isn't stable, which when you have bills to pay really matters to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Naren_ayu View Post

I do know about that..

I always keep what my great grand ma said to me..asking about a job is a sensitive question to some people when you wanna make friendship because it relate to economic status..when people have pure intention to make friendship to someone, without asking what their job is, they will know by themselves..when i make friends with some westerners in bali..i always skip of the question about their job, and i know by myself when i keep them as friends....

In interpals, i tried to ask someone here eventhough i felt so doubt whether it is appropriate or not and he said he is a carpenter..
          I dont use interpals as a dating site because i am not sure about interpals people to become a partner...
          I suppose Germany wouldn't be a country for you, because the second question after your name is always the questions about your job. Usually I don't ask such questions direct, people avoid topics if they don't want speak about specific matters and confrontation isn't the kind of discussion with people which I find sympathetic on first glimpse. If somebody wants to say you something the person will say it anyways and patience is a golden virtue.

By the way, a good carpenter can have better financial situation than a Uni professor, especially in my country where people with sec. degree diploma work as hairdresser or plumber because they can't find a proper job according to their education . Hence is the question about somebody's profession can be very deceptive in relation to financial status of a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

By the way, a good carpenter can have better financial situation than a Uni professor, especially in my country where people with sec. degree diploma work as hairdresser or plumber because they can't find a proper job according to their education . Hence is the question about somebody's profession can be very deceptive in relation to financial status of a person.
            ...this reminds me of a joke:

A plumber finishes his work at a surgeon’s house and hands the Doctor his bill. The doctor looks at the bill and gasps,

-“$700 for 15 minutes of work! I’m a surgeon and I don’t earn that kind of money!”

-“Yeah,” the plumber answers, “when I was a surgeon I didn’t earn this much either.”

Comment

Originally posted by ChiQ View Post
              I've always worked at office/finance/credit/fraud jobs for most of my working life. I still work a job like that, but i have started to do freelance work as a photographer. I wouldn't like to do photography full time as it is unlikely i'll make the same salary with it as i do now, and it isn't stable, which when you have bills to pay really matters to some people.

What clients do you have as a free lance photographer? It's good you are at least able to make some supplemental income from it. Only the fortunate few are able to make a living following a creative pursuit while many more paint, play music, write, do photography, etc without ever making a penny from it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post

What clients do you have as a free lance photographer? It's good you are at least able to make some supplemental income from it. Only the fortunate few are able to make a living following a creative pursuit while many more paint, play music, write, do photography, etc without ever making a penny from it.
                When i started it was mainly the local newspaper, i did a years course at a technical college here and the tutor is one of their salaried photographers and editors. He did the same with my sister in law who is now working for them doing all the birthday/wedding/prom photos. Since then it has mainly been word of mouth, so it will be local businesses looking for photos for their social media mainly.
                Less frequently there will be jobs advertised for a photographer for a short term assignment, which is what my last job was, it was for a homewares company just doing product photography.

Yeah it is a very over saturated market, and without additional qualifications or a hell of a lot of experience, it would be a struggle to try and survive on it. More and more positions and jobs are requiring extra skills like videography, graphic design etc. There are companies that you can apply to join and get work through them, but it would likely require me to quit my actual job. I think in the long term i will just take photos i want, advertise them and see what happens. I know that is even less lucrative, but it is closer to what i would like to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

A plumber finishes his work at a surgeon’s house and hands the Doctor his bill. The doctor looks at the bill and gasps,

-“$700 for 15 minutes of work! I’m a surgeon and I don’t earn that kind of money!”

-“Yeah,” the plumber answers, “when I was a surgeon I didn’t earn this much either.”

That's the problem of over intellectualized societies where 50% of population has ended at least first degree study. Most craftsman which are good in their profession make far more money than those which work in office jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Do I need a license or certification to work as a plumber or electrician? Tired of working as a surgeon. (joke)

Comment

Originally posted by ChiQ View Post

When i started it was mainly the local newspaper, i did a years course at a technical college here and the tutor is one of their salaried photographers and editors. He did the same with my sister in law who is now working for them doing all the birthday/wedding/prom photos. Since then it has mainly been word of mouth, so it will be local businesses looking for photos for their social media mainly.
                      Less frequently there will be jobs advertised for a photographer for a short term assignment, which is what my last job was, it was for a homewares company just doing product photography.

Yeah it is a very over saturated market, and without additional qualifications or a hell of a lot of experience, it would be a struggle to try and survive on it. More and more positions and jobs are requiring extra skills like videography, graphic design etc. There are companies that you can apply to join and get work through them, but it would likely require me to quit my actual job. I think in the long term i will just take photos i want, advertise them and see what happens. I know that is even less lucrative, but it is closer to what i would like to be doing.
                      Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

I suppose Germany wouldn't be a country for you, because the second question after your name is always the questions about your job. Usually I don't ask such questions direct, people avoid topics if they don't want speak about specific matters and confrontation isn't the kind of discussion with people which I find sympathetic on first glimpse. If somebody wants to say you something the person will say it anyways and patience is a golden virtue.

A real engineer can't be cheaper than a craftsman or a surgeon.

Comment

HR / I want to have my own business

Comment

Sounds like a strange question to me, but nevertheless, I'll try to answer.
                            My dream job is to be a writer. Not like a author of '50 shades of grey', but a normal one. Like Bukowski, Vonnegut, Oscar Wilde, George Orwell etc.
                            However, reality bites And I am copywriter in digital advertising agency, because salary is bigger. Here is a proof: https://jobofmine.com/
                            Yeah, that's kind of sad. People say: 'Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life' But what if your dream job will not give you money to travel and enjoy the world? That's a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by katestones View Post
                              Sounds like a strange question to me, but nevertheless, I'll try to answer.
                              My dream job is to be a writer. Not like a author of '50 shades of grey', but a normal one. Like Bukowski, Vonnegut, Oscar Wilde, George Orwell etc.
                              However, reality bites And I am copywriter in digital advertising agency, because salary is bigger. Here is a proof: https://jobofmine.com/
                              Yeah, that's kind of sad. People say: 'Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life' But what if your dream job will not give you money to travel and enjoy the world? That's a tough one.
                              You submits that it can hardly be imagined 50 shades of fame.

Comment

this

Comment

Working...
                                X