Stories of discrimination and prejudice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories of discrimination and prejudice

Hi, I am currently working on a senior thesis project. Please feel free to post your own personal stories of discrimination and prejudice. Along with an image of yourself. Thank you!

no picture, but i used to hang out with a lot of muslims, and some of them were very anti-america, especially one convert. i hope he didnt end up shooting people i understand anti-americanism to an extant, but i wouldnt want to live in some of these shithole countries*

*blame it on Rogercarmel
    Last edited by _loki; 02-05-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _loki View Post

*blame it on Rogercarmel
      No, that's what the POTUS said...alledgedly of course!

I have rental property and will not rent out apartments (flats) to Arab Muslims. I know from past experience that they are very difficult tenants: in making demands, complaining and debating rent increases and always wanting favors. The law doesn't allow me to discriminate but I am allowed to choose tenants and Arabs are easy to reject legally. When I have an apartment for rent, the Muslim husband always comes alone. I tell them they must come back with their wife because the apartment is rented to both. The standard answer they give me is, "If I like the place my wife will live here." To this I answer, "No. I want your wife to see it first because her name will be on the lease as well." They sometimes go on to say that their wife's name doesn't have to be on the lease. I tell them this is unacceptable to me. They leave and never return, usually angry.

I once had a property that I was about to sell. The tenants in the building asked me not to sell it to an Arab. The highest bid I received was from an Arab but I respected the tenants wishes and sold it to the second-highest bidder. The Arab was angry and threatened to take me to court.

The second last building I bought also has an Arab story! When a tenant saw the new owner (me) she said, "I'm so happy to see you. I was afraid an Arab would buy this place." So I asked her why that had scared her. She said that Arabs kick everybody out of their apartments and put their own family in.

Comment

Some idiots are openly on US TV with calls to kill the Russian. How to f... them in the Guntanomo? ... sorry ... in the A$$*
        or prejudice ... and discrimination?

Last edited by dmitri11; 02-06-2018, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
          Some idiots are openly on US TV with calls to kill the Russian. How to f... them in the Guntanomo? ... sorry ... in the A$$*
          or prejudice ... and discrimination?
          you watch too much CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

No, that's what the POTUS said...alledgedly of course!

I have rental property and will not rent out apartments (flats) to Arab Muslims. I know from past experience that they are very difficult tenants: in making demands, complaining and debating rent increases and always wanting favors. The law doesn't allow me to discriminate but I am allowed to choose tenants and Arabs are easy to reject legally. When I have an apartment for rent, the Muslim husband always comes alone. I tell them they must come back with their wife because the apartment is rented to both. The standard answer they give me is, "If I like the place my wife will live here." To this I answer, "No. I want your wife to see it first because her name will be on the lease as well." They sometimes go on to say that their wife's name doesn't have to be on the lease. I tell them this is unacceptable to me. They leave and never return, usually angry.

I once had a property that I was about to sell. The tenants in the building asked me not to sell it to an Arab. The highest bid I received was from an Arab but I respected the tenants wishes and sold it to the second-highest bidder. The Arab was angry and threatened to take me to court.

The second last building I bought also has an Arab story! When a tenant saw the new owner (me) she said, "I'm so happy to see you. I was afraid an Arab would buy this place." So I asked her why that had scared her. She said that Arabs kick everybody out of their apartments and put their own family in.

I rent flats too, but I discriminate males.
            Yeah, I'm the feminazi in this relation, because single males are shorter tenants and leave often mess in the flats.

Comment

Originally posted by _loki View Post
              no picture, but i used to hang out with a lot of muslims, and some of them were very anti-america, especially one convert. i hope he didnt end up shooting people i understand anti-americanism to an extant, but i wouldnt want to live in some of these shithole countries*

*blame it on Rogercarmel
              Look, seems we used to hand out with very similar people The interesting thing you've mentioned was that the convert was most aggressive of all...I used to have many Muslim online friends when I used to have positive views about Islam. My views on the religion, mass migration have changed partially because of what has been going on in Europe, Western world and Middle East in general. I started becoming critical and some Muslims went furious with me, those who never made a big fuss about it still remain as my friends. I have noticed the hate towards the West coming from the extreme cases. Once I had a penpal who sent me a Quran - English and Arabic version even if I never asked for one. Of course, thanks but his views were soooo extreme that I'm sure he did end up somewhere as an ISIS jihadi....I also understand anti western stance to an extent - Western decisions have not always been correct and reasonable concerning ME. But this hate.... I cannot be friend with people who hate Europe and who talk about European women as bitches who long for Muslim guys....I cannot share the view that a raped woman is someone who can be forgiven by Allah...Forgiven? In that discussion one extreme case did not even consider such a person as victim but as someone who did something wrong thus needs to be....forgiven...ridiculous.

Yet this does not turn me into Muslim hater, I like their cultures and the bets trips I've been to were India and Muslim places.

In general, I believe each discrimination has some ground - Westerners have made wrong decisions concerning Muslims, Muslims have made wrong decisions concerning Westerners in terror attacks and so we have certain attitudes. Roger does not want to rent flats to Arabs not because he hates Arabs as such but due to their behaviour patterns, Hades has noticed another pattern that males are more problematic as tenants so he chooses females to rent flats to, etc...East European women are often taken as gold diggers who hunt for rich Westerners because some do so, even my friend does so, single parents are considered to be unable to raise a proper individual sometimes because some fail, divorced are considered to be failures sometimes as indeed means the choice was made wrongly, etc...Knowing all this, I do not feel discriminated. I believe just real fools discriminate just because of something like skin colour, age, marital status, religion without looking into the individual yet each prejudice has something true in it for sure, to some extent.
              Last edited by Etsia; 02-06-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

I rent flats too, but I discriminate males.
                Yeah, I'm the feminazi in this relation, because single males are shorter tenants and leave often mess in the flats.
                Single men don't stay long, that's true but they are not messy, at least not in my experience.

The ideal tenant for me is a single woman in her 50s with a pet.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Single men don't stay long, that's true but they are not messy, at least not in my experience.

The ideal tenant for me is a single woman in her 50s with a pet.

Nothing against 50 yo. women but I'm avoiding people with pets.
                  I'm the incarnation of discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post

you watch too much CNN.
                    CNN? Fek noos surely?
                    TRUMP: "Not you... You're Fek Noos"

Comment

Germans? Don't mention the war
                      "I mentioned it once and I think I got away with it"

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post

you watch too much CNN.
                        CNN can't break the chronometric order of things ... causal link. prejudice is caus. discrimination is consequence. The English read from left to right.
                        Last edited by dmitri11; 02-06-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Returning to the exam question, once I was given a choice of two applicants. I selected someone who was profoundly deaf, because I was confident they would do a good job. And the person did work well under pressure because no one ever interrupted them. Deaf awareness training (by a reputable delivery agent) proved valuable to ensure the new recruit was accepted without prejudice and consequently peoples behaviour was changed and they fitted in. The unsuccessful applicant had a history of absenteeism because of drug dependency. I hope the OP can use this example.
                          Last edited by look4swissmiss; 02-06-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
                            CNN can't break the chronometric order of things ... causal link. prejudice is caus. discrimination is consequence. The English read from left to right.
                            prejudices is an instinct, discrimination is just result of learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

Nothing against 50 yo. women but I'm avoiding people with pets.
                              I'm the incarnation of discrimination.
                              lol. no. when were were looking for a flat to rent for my son who studies in another city, I've met various weirdos. I understand people do not want pets and want reasonable tenants but when one man asked me if my son drove a car and if that was a BMW I was shocked...Because here those who drive BMW mostly break driving rules and are arrogant he said but it sounded weird to me and I refused to continue a conversation. Then another one said she would visit often and check things, also was not acceptable, then another one said they never wanted a guy as guys are noisy and bad...omg....It took us almost the whole summer to finally find normal landlords who come once a month, collect money, have a look, have tea together and disappear....Both sides are happy, they never asked about the cars he drives lol. Though I sort of understand people - everyone wants to have good tenants and landlords but different bad things happen. I'd avoid renting a flat for people with small kids - my acquaintance did that and.....she could not finally recognize the flat - parents allowed doing anything, even drawing on the walls...Have heard different stories that such families might not wish to pay in time and when asked to leave start whining about small kids in the street and no one can do anything so my advice would be beware indeed, make an agreement, etc...because here some ridiculous stories happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X