No announcement yet.

Stories of discrimination and prejudice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am Alex the original OP. Does anyone have any more personal stories of their own that would be willing to share, also that I can use and show for my project

Comment

Originally posted by look4swissmiss View Post

Point must be that some UAE metros (like Dubai) have 'hijab only' metro carriages. You've got to see it to believe it. Big fines can be levied on men entering those carriages by mistake!
      Ah, I see. Thanks...but the UAE isn't on my list of places to visit, so I'll never have the opportunity to see hijab-only metro cars.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Ah, I see. Thanks...but the UAE isn't on my list of places to visit, so I'll never have the opportunity to see hijab-only metro cars.
        Life is full of disappointments. I heard that Hijab-only metro passengers are promised daily, a rock concert performed by Mick Hucknall of Simply Red. Before arriving at any station in Dubai, the announcer (an obsessive Simply Red fan - surely not?) says: "A-ha! Mick Huck-a-nall is performing here" which is phonetic Arabic for...... "The next train station is"....Should Mick Hucknall be told?
        Last edited by look4swissmiss; 02-13-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by look4swissmiss View Post
          Life is full of disappointments. I heard that Hijab-only metro passengers are promised daily, a rock concert performed by Mick Hucknall of Simply Red. Before arriving at any station in Dubai, the announcer (an obsessive Simply Red fan - surely not?) says: "A-ha! Mick Huck-a-nall is performing here" which is phonetic Arabic for...... "The next train station is"....Should Mick Hucknall be told?
          Hmmm...Mick Hucknall needs a haircut. Badly. I say this to remain on topic here: discrimination. He's a single man so Hades wouldn't rent him a flat.

Comment

Hmmm...Mick Hucknall needs a haircut. Badly. I say this to remain on topic here: discrimination. He's a single man so Hades wouldn't rent him a flat.

Not to worry. I would like to see Mr Huck-a-nall perform by the marina and stay somewhere near Mr Damac's 'DAMAC PROPERTIES' metro stop. Plenty of hotel choices there. Main point is that Women-wearing-hijab-only metro carriages where men are fined on-the-spot by secret police, is a good example of open discrimination.
            Last edited by look4swissmiss; 02-14-2018, 04:18 AM.

Comment

interpals gestapo just said i have 24 hours to change my name or be banned

Comment

Originally posted by sun-of-a-beach View Post
                interpals gestapo just said i have 24 hours to change my name or be banned
                Try something similar like Sun-of-a-beach-ball

Comment

Try something similar like Sun-of-a-beach-ball

Or if that's too long, try 'Son-of-a-Wilson' or 'Wilson-san' (Beach Boys - ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ran.... would do very well if you're mum's name was Barbara or Anne geddit?)
                  Last edited by look4swissmiss; 02-15-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBull
                    I can see a lot of racism and discrimination in the replies made by most of the people in this thread. That's a good news for OP.
                    I'm sure you can share some stories about discrimination in India as well?

In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

I'm sure you can share some stories about discrimination in India as well?
                      Control of consciousness and subconscious mind. Did you put yourself in that poor child's shoes?
                      Last edited by dmitri11; 02-14-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

There are a lot of moments when I experience discrimination by gender.

Comment

Originally posted by Larissadl View Post
                          There are a lot of moments when I experience discrimination by gender.

same, I once applied for a part time job as a student and they wouldn't let me have it because I have a phallus
                          Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
                            Control of consciousness and subconscious mind. Did you put yourself in that poor child's shoes?​
                            who is a poor child? Thats a discrimination in itself. I don't treat other adults like poor children.
                            In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Working...
                            X