Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever wished you were Ordinary/Special?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever wished you were Ordinary/Special?

I consider myself an odd man, I've spent my life dabbing at many fields... When I was a kid I stopped playing outside fairly soon, then spent a good deal of my time learning about history, sciences, computers and the English language. My dad, at the time studying medicine, often taught me about medical knowledge and procedures. Later on, I got into photography, then creative writing, music composition and orchestration (music and creative writing, are some of my favorite, but my financial situation doesn't allow me to pursue them). Nowadays I've started working on game development, so I've got into game design, level design, 3D animation, programming, etc. Of course, I don't consider myself a true expert in most of these fields, and I don't really mind. I simply like learning. I just like to know. The list of other miscellaneous things I know goes on... I should also clarify, I'm not saying this to brag. In fact, being like this has made my life incredibly hard and lonely. I have it hard building new connections with people, who most often misunderstand me. That's why I've often wished I was an "ordinary" person.

So, my question is, has anyone else here ever felt the same? Have you ever wanted to be "ordinary"? or, if you consider yourself "ordinary", have you ever wished you were "special"?

Of course, you are free to explain what "ordinary" and "special" means to you.
    Last edited by Alverik; 03-14-2018, 03:11 AM.

I've been in the same city for 11 years now, so I think I'd rather have an adventurous life than dull one. I'd trade decent communicating skill for actual skills useful in life. Both make you special in either cases depending on which you value more.

Comment

Well, I guess people will always want what they don't have....

Comment

i'm all around good performer, it would've been nice to have some special skills, my only special skills are mapping human psyche and eye for color..

Comment

I consider myself and lots of other people to be ordinary. The special ones are the ones with some talents in my opinion in singing, dancing, performing, etc...Special ones can be those who have extraordinary brain like S. Hawking and such talented people become famous worldwide based on their talent. Other than that, we are all ordinary just some know and can do more that others, some can do less. I wanted to have some talent myself but being someone who can reasonably evaluate myself I know I'm ordinary and am OK about it!

Comment

Alverik really cool you're developing games, as I am gamer. If ordinary was defined as clockwork orange then no. In context I would say I'm different and infinite. If one word then infinite. Though my reasons to consider myself infinite is taking care of ones well being (financially, general health).

Do I wish I was special? Not sure how you mean but if the definition is rich in many ways sure. 'Though I happy with what I have than what I don't have' as I would quote myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Alverik View Post
              I consider myself an odd man, I've spent my life dabbing at many fields... When I was a kid I stopped playing outside fairly soon, then spent a good deal of my time learning about history, sciences, computers and the English language. My dad, at the time studying medicine, often taught me about medical knowledge and procedures. Later on, I got into photography, then creative writing, music composition and orchestration (music and creative writing, are some of my favorite, but my financial situation doesn't allow me to pursue them). Nowadays I've started working on game development, so I've got into game design, level design, 3D animation, programming, etc. Of course, I don't consider myself a true expert in most of these fields, and I don't really mind. I simply like learning. I just like to know. The list of other miscellaneous things I know goes on... I should also clarify, I'm not saying this to brag. In fact, being like this has made my life incredibly hard and lonely. I have it hard building new connections with people, who most often misunderstand me. That's why I've often wished I was an "ordinary" person.

So, my question is, has anyone else here ever felt the same? Have you ever wanted to be "ordinary"? or, if you consider yourself "ordinary", have you ever wished you were "special"?

Of course, you are free to explain what "ordinary" and "special" means to you.
              It's never too late to change things in your life that you are bored with or whatever. You can always take up new hobbies and interests.

In fact, I think continually learning new things is what makes life fun and interesting.
              If you need to know how to live your life, simply consult the internet. The endless wealth of knowledge from clueless cunts will lead you toward enlightenment. -- Muckmouth.com

Comment

I think everyone is special how cheesy that might sound. Everyone learns differents things, sees things differently and grows up in a different way

Comment

Imo its more about how you think other people see you and how much you care about that........just be yourself.

Personally, i like to blend in and i mostly do, nothing special(to lazy), bit weird in places......................... i know my place, in this universe,lol

Mzzls
                  Last edited by Gaatjenixaan; 03-17-2018, 05:21 PM. Reason: meh

Comment

Working...
                  X