Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How comfortable are you in showing your face?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How comfortable are you in showing your face?

In this digital world of selfies, there are certain people who are addicted to taking selfies so much that they can take thousands of selfies in a day and post hundreds of them on social media. But, that's the extreme case scenario, and according to a report, an ordinary individual posts 3-4 pics in a week on the social media. However, there is other extreme case scenario where there are people who are so uncomfortable in showing their face that they don't post their photos at all, or even if they do, sooner or later they delete it. The prime reason for this has been cited as lack of confidence or shyness or feeling of general dislike towards everyone.
    Taking into account the above considerations, what kind of person do you think you are? How comfortable are you in posting your photos on the internet and how frequently do you change your profile picture ?

There are many more reasons to not show your face in the net than what you've listed.
    On the other hand there are very less healthy reasons to show your face in the net to all the world at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
      There are many more reasons to not show your face in the net than what you've listed.
      On the other hand there are very less healthy reasons to show your face in the net to all the world at all.
      Yes, there are and I've mentioned that I've only enlisted prime reasons. I guess I forgot to mention one more prime reason,i.e., privacy and security. Though many sites provide you with the option to control the amount of people who can see your photos, your profile photo always remains public.
      Healthy or not, that's not my question. Perception changes from person to person and that is actually what I want to see here. You find it wrong to post your photos on the net, there might be others who actually like it and may find it ok to show themselves up on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by HariyarSand View Post
        ...Taking into account the above considerations, what kind of person do you think you are? How comfortable are you in posting your photos on the internet and how frequently do you change your profile picture ?
        I'm not shy, nor am I an introvert, I'm not afraid of stuff and I have no problem posting my photo here. I don't use social media except for here and I rarely change my photo.

Comment

Many years ago, when I've used a social network for the first time (it was in 2001) i didn't have a photo there. But then I was on some parties of that online community, people made pictures, and soon I was to see on many party pictures on different pages of the network. Then I though, I'm not really satisfied with how I look there, and quite from that time on I have an own picture and show my face, also in other networks. But I don't have thousands of pictures.

Comment

My excuse is the links do not work. I have the perfect photo picked out. I just can't upload them.

Comment

I am ok to show my face on social medias, including sites like this. One of the reasons I do it, is because when I talk to someone, I prefer to know what they look like, so it would be hypocritical to hide my own face in return.
              I also post pictures on facebook, but I am mostly friends with people there whom I've known for many years, so my privacy settings allow only my friends to see anything I post. I understand when people don't want to show their face out of shyness or something else, but when they start inventing excuses like 'big brother is watching you' is just ridiculous. As recent news shows, with picture or without it, Big Brother still knows who you are and what you are up to, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Goathika View Post
                I am ok to show my face on social medias, including sites like this. One of the reasons I do it, is because when I talk to someone, I prefer to know what they look like, so it would be hypocritical to hide my own face in return.
                How can you tell if someone is actually using their own picture? I mean you can easily figure out scammers and fakes but many times it's Catfishing.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestomarx View Post

How can you tell if someone is actually using their own picture? I mean you can easily figure out scammers and fakes but many times it's Catfishing.

I just generally assume that people are honest (until they prove the contrary). I think (hope) the vast majority is.

Comment

I feel comfortable showing my face in IP unlike F.B, can't trust Mark and his Profit Mentality.

Comment

I don't have any problem in showing my face here or sharing my travelling pictures with my friends. However, I'm not a selfie freak and I do not change my pictures very often. In general, I do not use much of social media and do not understand people who upload loads of photos every day. Life is for living, not for exposing!

Comment

I love my face. I wish my cheeks were fuller though

Comment

I have no problem showing my face and I like to see what people look like here on Interpals before I start talking with them. Also, since most of my online friends and I chat on Skype, they have to get over their shyness sooner or later, lol.

As for people taking tons of selfies... I never really understood that. I use social media but I use it to connect to hobby groups. Tons of selfies are boring and people who post loads of pictures of themselves strike me as being super self absorbed.

Comment

I am extremely shy but I will show my face sometimes. I don't post random selfies on social media sites because I think it's just really random to do it. I can understand people who don't want to show their face to everyone though because it's not exactly necessary.

Comment

I don't mind it, but it's just so that those I write with can put a face on me, I think that makes conversations a bit easier and outgoing. Not the type to spread pictures of myself, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X