So I got my exams coming up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my exams coming up

Starting tomorrow I will have my exams and I am a little nervous. Does anyone have a few tips that I can use so I won't stress out too much?

What sort of exams are they and which field?

Comment

eat chocolate, in ur case it's 5-10 kg

Comment

Try avoiding caffeine, drink herbal tea, Valeriaan actually works.

Good Luck.

Mzzls

Comment

I would say, try not to stress. If you have prepared and revised, know that you can do this. The people who have set the exams are not trying to trip you up.
          I invigilate a lot of exams and the thought of being asked a question that you haven't revised for is the main worry for many.
          I wish you good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteSlippers View Post
            I would say, try not to stress. If you have prepared and revised, know that you can do this. The people who have set the exams are not trying to trip you up.
            A well-written exam will trip up those who try to cram a day or two before the exam. I think that this is only fair for those who take the subject and who have genuinely worked during the semester. It should not be enough to regurgitate material hastily crammed the night before in order to pass.

Originally posted by GraniteSlippers View Post
            I invigilate a lot of exams and the thought of being asked a question that you haven't revised for is the main worry for many.
            I wish you good luck.
            I've also done my share of exam supervision over time. The one thing that really gets students - even those who have been working hard and know their material in terms of both content and understanding - is tiredness. When the brain is tired, it begins to play tricks and sees things that are not really there.

A far better strategy is to get good sleep before an exam. This has a far better success/fail ratio than trying to cram "that one thing you had forgot" the night before the exam.

Comment

.Good luck.

Comment

Hey, good luck Larissa! I also agree with Joanne, and that is preparation is the best you could do for yourself to reduce stress. Also, try exercising in between your study sessions, it does many good things for your body and helps you feel focused and gives you the energy when you really need it (during long exams). I'm not sure which field you are in, but as a math major I find that sometimes online resources are an excellent resource for quickly catching up on subjects you've not fully grasped in class (I recommend KhanAcademy and StudyPug). The best way to prepare is by doing practice exams and then following up on quick refreshers/lessons on those online sites (or your notes if they are good). Best of luck to you and your exams!

Comment

oh me too..
                  every week i have exam.
                  sometimes i really hate it.
                  because just nit exam i have, but i have a lot task also.

but good luck for you larissa!!!
                  you can do it!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X