I think there's too many racist people on this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there's too many racist people on this site

90% of the profiles i stumbled into in interpals block contacts from Africa specifically, is it really racism or is there any other reason behind that??

honestly, i didnt want to block countrys, but soooo many gambians would contact me and beg for money. it got so annoying( so i blocked gambia

Comment

Originally posted by m_ZicX View Post
      90% of the profiles i stumbled into in interpals block contacts from Africa specifically, is it really racism or is there any other reason behind that??
      ​Probably, because you are avoiding African profiles yourself.
      I hate forums

Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post

​Probably, because you are avoiding African profiles yourself.
          Well, i should have been more precise, i meant the European and North American profiles.
          I'm not interested in Africa, but i won't block the whole continent because of some spammers!

Comment

Racism is not the main purpose why most of the people choose to block. It's all about respect and choice of words that people used when comes to make new friends.

Flirting with pickup lines as an introduction? That's pretty lame. When you received too many of the same type of messages, BLOCKING them is the only way to stop them. But some are shameless by changing their home country. So you can't blame them who did the blocking.

You are still new to interpals. So you may have not seen the 'creative' ways those people make friends here. LOL

Comment

I'm not interested in Africa,
              ahh, maybe thats the problem in general?

but i won't block the whole continent because of some spammers!
              Make yourself a female European account with an average picture......and I can assure you, you will stop saying "whole continent because of some spammers"

PS: I have checked now a dozend male profiles from Europe. Not one of them blocked Africa. Then I checked a dozend female profiles from Europe.....about the half blocks Africa. They may have their reasons. Am I right assuming that you are after female profiles too? I recommend the European men, they are obviously less "racist"
              Last edited by Suna123; 05-22-2018, 04:45 AM.
              In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                I have checked now a dozend male profiles from Europe. Not one of them blocked Africa. Then I checked a dozend female profiles from Europe.....about the half blocks Africa. .... Am I right assuming that you are after female profiles too?
                Even if you account for gross exaggeration in his statistics report, OP's numbers suggest he is targeting a certain demography. It is lovely that OP uses the verb stumble, but I do not get such counts when I am randomly looking at profiles.

By these standards, women on here are sexist and ageist. Somehow, I think the problem is partly with middle-aged men looking for dirty talk. I also think a lot of those women just relate better to their own demography.
                They may have their reasons.

​Even I have such reasons. It is not just the teens from "the smiling coast of Africa" that contact me. I get messages from African men that are so horny they do not check whether I am a man or a woman. It is much more fun to ask them whether they are gay, than just blocking them. There is nothing that sends an African man packing more rapidly than the suggestion he might be gay.

Make yourself a female European account with an average picture......and I can assure you, you will stop saying "whole continent because of some spammers"

​If OP would target European females with single worded messages, he might soon return to open another whinge thread.

PS.
                ​What is it with the forums that they are inserting line breaks randomly?

Last edited by Boliches; 05-22-2018, 06:08 AM.
                I hate forums

Comment

Originally posted by stephy_kim View Post
                  Racism is not the main purpose why most of the people choose to block. It's all about respect and choice of words that people used when comes to make new friends.

Flirting with pickup lines as an introduction? That's pretty lame. When you received too many of the same type of messages, BLOCKING them is the only way to stop them. But some are shameless by changing their home country. So you can't blame them who did the blocking.
                  I now understand, I don't mind blocking if the reason is spammers. But i feel like i'm trapped. I actually have no interest in my country and i wanna leave it as quickly as possible, and i've no chance to contact (in a civilized way of course) people whom i'm interested in also because of my country!! I reckon the only way out of this is changing my homeland to another respectable country, and come clear about it in the ''about'' section in my profile that i'm not actually from there.

I've viewed someone's profile before, and my homeland was blocked. But she viewed my profile later and found things in common between us and we started a decent conversation after that. So i guess blocking my homeland is the barrier between me and people in this site, otherwise people whom i'm interested in will welcome a conversation with me, as soon as they realize that i don't have any twisted intentions. .
                  Last edited by m_ZicX; 05-22-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Well, i conducted an experiment a bit similar to yours, but i've put just a normal picture of myself but i changed my homeland to USA, NYC. And i've got a number of views fifty times the number of views i've got with my original homeland.
                    My point is, i don't even get a chance to express myself here because of my homeland/continent... and spammers from my homeland/continent.

Am I right assuming that you are after female profiles too? I recommend the European men, they are obviously less "racist"
                    The way you state it .. "After female profiles" .. makes me sound like a horny guy chasing girls with attractive profile pics, which is not true..
                    It is pretty normal that your first choice will be someone from the opposite sex, i've more than enough male friends anyway

Comment

And now....
                      >What is the conclusion of this whining thread?
                      >Is having personal preferences and criteria really racism?
                      >Is filtering out of possible scammers, visa fishers and people which only whine most of the time really racism?
                      >Maybe is using the term racism to any kind of disproval or disagreeing the true form of racism?

Comment

I reckon the only way out of this is changing my homeland to another respectable country, and come clear about it in the ''about'' section in my profile that i'm not actually from there.
                        This is a good way to solve your problem and is one I used myself when I first joined InterPals.

As for banning countries, it isn't always because people are racist. I do not want contact from people in Australia, Canada and New Zealand and it isn't because I'm "racist".

Comment

Well, i conducted an experiment a bit similar to yours, but i've put just a normal picture of myself but i changed my homeland to USA, NYC. And i've got a number of views fifty times the number of views i've got with my original homeland.
                          My point is, i don't even get a chance to express myself here because of my homeland/continent... and spammers from my homeland/continent.
                          yes - it may look like this. And I understand the desperation about this issue. But seriously, what do you think for what purpose more people click on profiles from the USA? Are you really interested in these people?

(and now imagine your profile was female on top of being American )

The way you state it .. "After female profiles" .. makes me sound like a horny guy chasing girls with attractive profile pics, which is not true..
                          It is pretty normal that your first choice will be someone from the opposite sex, i've more than enough male friends anyway
                          It might be normal for somebody in whose country it is hard to have friends from the opposite sex.
                          I had blocked the opposite sex for a long time at the beginning.

I reckon the only way out of this is changing my homeland to another respectable country, and come clear about it in the ''about'' section in my profile that i'm not actually from there.
                          everybody develops his/her own survival strategies here
                          hint: don't chose Turkey
                          Last edited by Suna123; 05-22-2018, 01:10 PM.
                          In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Personally I ignore people from Africa due to countless bad experiences with them.. You say that 90% of the profiles you come across blocks them, well 90% of the Africans I meet here are beggars. Some even openly admitted that they do not want to work, they just want to get money for free.
                            Maybe if Africans get their lazy ass up from the chair and go to work and stop bothering people about their economical situation then maybe people won't block them so much..

You also say "I'm not interested in Africa". Has the thought ever hit you that maybe not everyone is interested in Africa and that might be why they block them? It's not illegal to use the blocking function, it's to keep out those you have no interest of, and also to keep spammers and beggars and so on away.

Not to mention all of these horny guys who think that Interpals is a dating site, and women seem to be literally flooded with marriage proposals or sex messages, some of them probably from Africans as well. Personally I think it's a mix of all above that is the reason that so many blocks people from Africa or African countries.

But don't come and say that there is so many racists just because there's not a shitload of people visiting your profile every day, or that people block Africa. People nowadays abuse the word "racism", everything is racist nowadays because people are unhappy.
                            I agree with Hades91, this is nothing but a whining thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                              You also say "I'm not interested in Africa". Has the thought ever hit you that maybe not everyone is interested in Africa and that might be why they block them? It's not illegal to use the blocking function, it's to keep out those you have no interest of, and also to keep spammers and beggars and so on away.
                              There are people who are not interested in Greece or Finland, do they block ''Greece or Finland'' ?
                              I'm not interested in Africa itself, but if someone there captured my interest, i wouldn't mind having a conversation with.
                              Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                              But don't come and say that there is so many racists just because there's not a shitload of people visiting your profile every day, or that people block Africa. People nowadays abuse the word "racism", everything is racist nowadays because people are unhappy.
                              I agree with Hades91, this is nothing but a whining thread.
                              First of all, i didn't say people are racist because they don't visit my profile, this is just dumb.
                              And if you put yourself in my situation, and you're new to some social website where 90% of people block your continent or country, it would be pretty obvious to you that there's some race issues are going on here!

Anyway i know most of people don't block Africa because they're ''racist'', i just didn't realize there is an enormous number of spammers from my continent/homeland.

Comment

Working...
                              X