Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think there's too many racist people on this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by m_ZicX View Post
    There are people who are not interested in Greece or Finland, do they block ''Greece or Finland'' ?

    Some do, some don't.. Everyone is different. There are some who aren't interested in Africa at all too, but not blocking it.

    First of all, i didn't say people are racist because they don't visit my profile, this is just dumb.
    And if you put yourself in my situation, and you're new to some social website where 90% of people block your continent or country, it would be pretty obvious to you that there's some race issues are going on here!

    Not really. It's not about race but about behavior. People also mentioned Turkey, and that's a fine example of a country who's often blocked, because people, and mainly girls, are tired of all the horny men from there who are sexually harassing them and sending perverted messages. I guess at some point they get tired of it, and blocks the whole country. Not because they WANT to, but because they do not have a choice.
    I've heard that there is a similar case with African countries, and I choose to think that this is the reason.
    You tell me to place myself in your situation, but place yourself in these girls situation first.

    You literally have two choices:
    1. Not blocking, which may result in countless pervy messages daily.
    1. Blocking.. Which is sad, because not everyone is a horny pervert, but it's better than dealing with choice 1.

    Please note that I am not saying you are one of them. I am just saying what many people have told me over the years here and their experiences with people from for example Turkey and certain other countries.

    There are people who doesn't answer my messages too, or block my country too. Should I call them racist?
    It's not racist, it's just about preference.

    Anyway i know most of people don't block Africa because they're ''racist'', i just didn't realize there is an enormous number of spammers from my continent/homeland.
    Well, sorry to say, but it is.. Scammers are from everywhere though, the problem is that there are more in certain countries, which is why these countries are more likely to be blocked or ignored because people are tired of them.
    And if people can't take all the bullshit from certain countries anymore then it is their right to block them. There are thousands of people registered here, I'm sure you'll find some decent people to speak with.

    Comment


    • #17
      Some of the people on this site come across as a bit misguided or out there in different ways but no more than anywhere else on the internet.

      If anything the people here seem above average, related to being broad-minded and reasonable. Just try your luck in the average special-interest Facebook group.

      If the idea is that people don't want to talk to you by private message (or to whoever originally posted that) I'd guess most people want to talk to others who meet some limited set of criteria that just depends on them.

      Some women have mentioned having problems with guys from India or Turkey or wherever, but I don't see that as racism, just basing decisions on past personal experience.

      Comment


      • #18
        I think some people make the credibility of this place look down.
        If you do not want to meet a friend, lover or whatever. You do not deserve to come in first.
        Please tell the truth.!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by m_ZicX View Post

          I now understand, I don't mind blocking if the reason is spammers. But i feel like i'm trapped. I actually have no interest in my country and i wanna leave it as quickly as possible, and i've no chance to contact (in a civilized way of course) people whom i'm interested in also because of my country!! I reckon the only way out of this is changing my homeland to another respectable country, and come clear about it in the ''about'' section in my profile that i'm not actually from there.

          I've viewed someone's profile before, and my homeland was blocked. But she viewed my profile later and found things in common between us and we started a decent conversation after that. So i guess blocking my homeland is the barrier between me and people in this site, otherwise people whom i'm interested in will welcome a conversation with me, as soon as they realize that i don't have any twisted intentions. .
          Don't be too hard on yourself or even take it personally. Start with a decent conversation and if the said person is not replying back. Then take it he/she not interested in making friends with you. Just go on trying. Everyone has the right to filter the type of friends they want especially with so many scam cases.

          Comment


          • #20
            You're here to f...ck or talk about the world?
            Last edited by dmitri11; 05-23-2018, 03:15 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by john_in_bkk View Post
              Some of the people on this site come across as a bit misguided or out there in different ways but no more than anywhere else on the internet.

              If anything the people here seem above average, related to being broad-minded and reasonable. Just try your luck in the average special-interest Facebook group.

              If the idea is that people don't want to talk to you by private message (or to whoever originally posted that) I'd guess most people want to talk to others who meet some limited set of criteria that just depends on them.

              Some women have mentioned having problems with guys from India or Turkey or wherever, but I don't see that as racism, just basing decisions on past personal experience.
              I'm not complaining that people don't want to talk to me!
              I'm talking about the huge number of people here who block a whole continent to prevent possible scammers, which is not fair for the decent guys from the blocked continent.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                Make yourself a female European account with an average picture......and I can assure you, you will stop saying "whole continent because of some spammers"
                If you were to fill in a map of Africa where such messages originate, you'd see that it is just about all northern rather than southern Africa. Wonder why?

                I've tried the cross dressing experiment regarding the sorts of messaging you get previously, but have not done it on IP. From this and anecdotal evidence, I suspect that IP is probably not so bad compared with most other places in terms of much messaging women on a site suffer. This site does a pretty good job overall filtering out the trash.

                Interestingly enough, there was a time on internet when access was very limited in these regions and the people you chatted with were intelligent and genuinely interesting. Then internet became widely available, cheap and every village boy had internet access. After that, it was game over for that region - too many with dysfunctional sex drives and religious self-belief flooding sites like IP.

                Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                PS: I have checked now a dozend male profiles from Europe. Not one of them blocked Africa. Then I checked a dozend female profiles from Europe.....about the half blocks Africa. They may have their reasons. Am I right assuming that you are after female profiles too? I recommend the European men, they are obviously less "racist"
                Check the female profiles for that region (the genuine profiles that is You'll find that huge proportions of them block their own region. I guess that they must also be racists

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post


                  Check the female profiles for that region (the genuine profiles that is You'll find that huge proportions of them block their own region. I guess that they must also be racists
                  I never checked profiles of girls from this part of the world before, but you're right, many of them block their own continent of origin.
                  Beyond the theory of omnipresent "racism" what could be the drive for such behavior of those girls?
                  I suppose their motives are the same like those of all girls to block particular regions.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                    I never checked profiles of girls from this part of the world before, but you're right, many of them block their own continent of origin.
                    Beyond the theory of omnipresent "racism" what could be the drive for such behavior of those girls?
                    I suppose their motives are the same like those of all girls to block particular regions.
                    Given the types of posts I write on certain forums, I probably attract more than average interest from certain areas of the world. This was one of the first very interesting things I had observed reciprocating viewing the profiles of those who had looked at mine.

                    If you are particularly observant, there's a hell of a lot you can learn first hand which enables you to cut right through the bullshit

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      To me racism has two sides:

                      - The first is about probability: you get bad experiences 9/10 times from people in a certain country/region, then you block them all, knowing that the chance of blocking out a potential good friend is very low. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

                      - Second side is people's inherent bias. My understanding is that many (most?) of us have fallen in love with the culture of certain countries/regions at a very early age (before 20), usually due to movies/books/tv shows/commercials/magzines/products/promotions etc. Let's just say we were brainwashed due to lack of experience. This bias is hard to change and many people don't even realize that it can make them come across as being racist.

                      There is a reason for everything, and honestly I don't care if someone is a racist or not, it's just part of human nature. If someone's profile sounds offensive because of his/her bias, I just pass, no complaint whatever. Simple as that.
                      Last edited by nemure; 06-10-2018, 01:53 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't think, any times the afrikan kings give me mony because is far parent.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Been on this website with multiple attempts hoping that there would be new amount of people who aren't at least picky and biased but I was wrong the whole time since I had already realized that this site unveiled the true colors of people which actually might mean that they are just racists.

                          Who you are, how you look like and especially where you come from play a huge role on this penpal platform. People saying on their profile descriptions that they are open-minded, friendly and all those bullshits is just to make up their own excuses for the sake of looking genuine and good. Inherently they are just still shallow at picking whom they want to do things with.
                          What they mostly say generally on profile description about not being able to reply to anyone is just an excuse in a polite way that they aren't simply interested in them.

                          I am not from one of those countries where majority of the men seek money, marriage proposals or any unsolicited and unwanted message. It's just very difficult for me that almost none reaches me out by visiting my profile etc because they are mostly entitled to the opinions of only wanting to talk/be friends with users from certain backgrounds or countries. I can say confidently that I am a good friend material who listens to and gives appropriate advice but this sort of barrier holds me off from having good friends who at least can speak English fluently, But for a fact, my race or nationality doesn't matter at all.

                          You might want to experience this 'treatment' by making an alt account, where you kinda role-play as either guy or girl (being a girl decreases the difficulty slightly) from a third world country or whatever it is that sounds unfamiliar to the world and you will never ever be reached out and you will realize how picky and shallow people are on this platform. Guys here also are the same, deeming talking to guys can be considered as 'gay', they just think that there wouldn't be a beneficial outcome and it's much easier to talk to girls and get at least 'something' out of it.

                          Somehow it unveils people's true colors, of course I don't go message only girls but men too if I don't see them engaging only with girls, those I really don't bother, but well it's still bullshit. For instance, I asked several Germans for a help in translation because after searching for the answer myself I couldn't find the right option but I still don't get any shit so far. I don't want to be 'spoon-fed' thus I describe to them how I didn't manage to get the answer I want to hear from a Native speaker etc. None messaged me back, just read and visited my profile then leave it alone. How fucking rude.

                          It's really sad to see the bitter truth of people here, cant help myself but what I learnt so far is that I can judge people easily what they are mostly up to and what they seek for based on their mere profiles and their friend list as it seems to be some kind of collected 'trophies' and an obvious implication of which countries they prefer the most.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Anikiiii View Post
                            Been on this website with multiple attempts hoping that there would be new amount of people who aren't at least picky and biased but I was wrong the whole time since I had already realized that this site unveiled the true colors of people which actually might mean that they are just racists.

                            Who you are, how you look like and especially where you come from play a huge role on this penpal platform. People saying on their profile descriptions that they are open-minded, friendly and all those bullshits is just to make up their own excuses for the sake of looking genuine and good. Inherently they are just still shallow at picking whom they want to do things with.
                            What they mostly say generally on profile description about not being able to reply to anyone is just an excuse in a polite way that they aren't simply interested in them.

                            I am not from one of those countries where majority of the men seek money, marriage proposals or any unsolicited and unwanted message. It's just very difficult for me that almost none reaches me out by visiting my profile etc because they are mostly entitled to the opinions of only wanting to talk/be friends with users from certain backgrounds or countries. I can say confidently that I am a good friend material who listens to and gives appropriate advice but this sort of barrier holds me off from having good friends who at least can speak English fluently, But for a fact, my race or nationality doesn't matter at all.

                            You might want to experience this 'treatment' by making an alt account, where you kinda role-play as either guy or girl (being a girl decreases the difficulty slightly) from a third world country or whatever it is that sounds unfamiliar to the world and you will never ever be reached out and you will realize how picky and shallow people are on this platform. Guys here also are the same, deeming talking to guys can be considered as 'gay', they just think that there wouldn't be a beneficial outcome and it's much easier to talk to girls and get at least 'something' out of it.

                            Somehow it unveils people's true colors, of course I don't go message only girls but men too if I don't see them engaging only with girls, those I really don't bother, but well it's still bullshit. For instance, I asked several Germans for a help in translation because after searching for the answer myself I couldn't find the right option but I still don't get any shit so far. I don't want to be 'spoon-fed' thus I describe to them how I didn't manage to get the answer I want to hear from a Native speaker etc. None messaged me back, just read and visited my profile then leave it alone. How fucking rude.

                            It's really sad to see the bitter truth of people here, cant help myself but what I learnt so far is that I can judge people easily what they are mostly up to and what they seek for based on their mere profiles and their friend list as it seems to be some kind of collected 'trophies' and an obvious implication of which countries they prefer the most.
                            You've just made it more difficult for yourself at a personal level. What people know about you here is that you have a single post on the forum which can be summarised as being a whining rant about "how nobody talks to me". It rather conflicts with your assertions about "being good friend material".

                            Where are your other posts on the forum which demonstrate your other aspects of personality and character?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

                              You've just made it more difficult for yourself at a personal level. What people know about you here is that you have a single post on the forum which can be summarised as being a whining rant about "how nobody talks to me". It rather conflicts with your assertions about "being good friend material".

                              Where are your other posts on the forum which demonstrate your other aspects of personality and character?

                              There's nothing wrong with trying to find out on forum if there are some people who are on the same page and and there's this chance to express or rant as you say my bad experiences so far for almost 4 years of being here on and off. It's a confident self-proclaim yes of me being a good friend material but people in fact still judge essentially on or prefer race and nationalities over anything else before they get to know you lmao.

                              Why all of a sudden my non existent forum posts showcasing my aspects of personality and character etc have to do with this...

                              (Duh) the main concern I wanted to emphasize on is really that inevitable people's inherent vested interest which can't be forced to change and helped that it is what it truly is.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                For a while I had the whole area blocked because like 90% of the people would either send me hateful messages because I choose not to have a religion, or they would send me pervy messages. I just block the person now, but it was really bad for a while.
                                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps1bad7808.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X