X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m_ZicX
    started a topic I think there's too many racist people on this site

I think there's too many racist people on this site

90% of the profiles i stumbled into in interpals block contacts from Africa specifically, is it really racism or is there any other reason behind that??

• Alcheya
    replied
    Originally posted by m_ZicX View Post
    90% of the profiles i stumbled into in interpals block contacts from Africa specifically, is it really racism or is there any other reason behind that??
    Haven't blocked anyone yet, but I was tempted to block Africa because of obvious scammer/spammer dudes messaging me. In the end I didn't want to block north africa and I figured it would, so I left it alone.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainRish
    replied
    Don't know if this thread is still active but since I see fresh responses in it.

Dear anyone who feels that they have been blocked by the 90% , The Captain blocks no one - Feel free to get on board .
    You can be from Montenegro, Angola, Ghana, Serbia, Romania, Pakistan, Themyscira or wherever .

Although, The Captain does throw rotten eggs overboard : [

Leave a comment:

• Kebab_Defender
    replied
    There is racist people in everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Irivalleine
    replied
    Some areas have high percentages of scammers and visa hunters, which means that the average person is more likely to encounter one of them than a genuine person. Hence the filters. No one here is under any obligation to put up with unwanted and bothersome messages, no matter where they come from, so what you call "racism" is in fact a quest for peace of mind.

The reason I don't block Finland or China or Thailand or Venezuela or many other random countries is because I've never received any offensive messages from people in these countries. I haven't seen many people blocking my own country, but I have no doubt there are some who do and it's entirely their business why. I don't feel entitled to their company, so it's not on me to question their choices. Maybe in some cases it's genuine xenophobia, but I imagine in most it's a matter of negative experiences.

This brings me to the crux of the issue: entitlement. None of us is entitled to someone else's time and attention. You might be the nicest, most interesting person in the world, but if the person you're trying to talk to has different criteria, there's nothing you can do about it. They are absolutely free to choose how they spend their time and whom they interact with, and they don't owe you anything: friendship, romance, language assistance, or anything else you might want from them. That doesn't make them racist or xenophobic; it simply means they're trying to spend their free time productively from their own point of view. When you learn to respect other people's spaces and choices, you'll feel a lot less victimized, especially that there are plenty of people around who will be open to talking to you.

Leave a comment:

• azzurri16
    replied
    For a while I had the whole area blocked because like 90% of the people would either send me hateful messages because I choose not to have a religion, or they would send me pervy messages. I just block the person now, but it was really bad for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Anikiiii
    replied
    Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

You've just made it more difficult for yourself at a personal level. What people know about you here is that you have a single post on the forum which can be summarised as being a whining rant about "how nobody talks to me". It rather conflicts with your assertions about "being good friend material".

Where are your other posts on the forum which demonstrate your other aspects of personality and character?

There's nothing wrong with trying to find out on forum if there are some people who are on the same page and and there's this chance to express or rant as you say my bad experiences so far for almost 4 years of being here on and off. It's a confident self-proclaim yes of me being a good friend material but people in fact still judge essentially on or prefer race and nationalities over anything else before they get to know you lmao.

Why all of a sudden my non existent forum posts showcasing my aspects of personality and character etc have to do with this...

(Duh) the main concern I wanted to emphasize on is really that inevitable people's inherent vested interest which can't be forced to change and helped that it is what it truly is.

Leave a comment:

• aussieinbg
    replied
    Originally posted by Anikiiii View Post
    Been on this website with multiple attempts hoping that there would be new amount of people who aren't at least picky and biased but I was wrong the whole time since I had already realized that this site unveiled the true colors of people which actually might mean that they are just racists.

Who you are, how you look like and especially where you come from play a huge role on this penpal platform. People saying on their profile descriptions that they are open-minded, friendly and all those bullshits is just to make up their own excuses for the sake of looking genuine and good. Inherently they are just still shallow at picking whom they want to do things with.
    What they mostly say generally on profile description about not being able to reply to anyone is just an excuse in a polite way that they aren't simply interested in them.

I am not from one of those countries where majority of the men seek money, marriage proposals or any unsolicited and unwanted message. It's just very difficult for me that almost none reaches me out by visiting my profile etc because they are mostly entitled to the opinions of only wanting to talk/be friends with users from certain backgrounds or countries. I can say confidently that I am a good friend material who listens to and gives appropriate advice but this sort of barrier holds me off from having good friends who at least can speak English fluently, But for a fact, my race or nationality doesn't matter at all.

You might want to experience this 'treatment' by making an alt account, where you kinda role-play as either guy or girl (being a girl decreases the difficulty slightly) from a third world country or whatever it is that sounds unfamiliar to the world and you will never ever be reached out and you will realize how picky and shallow people are on this platform. Guys here also are the same, deeming talking to guys can be considered as 'gay', they just think that there wouldn't be a beneficial outcome and it's much easier to talk to girls and get at least 'something' out of it.

Somehow it unveils people's true colors, of course I don't go message only girls but men too if I don't see them engaging only with girls, those I really don't bother, but well it's still bullshit. For instance, I asked several Germans for a help in translation because after searching for the answer myself I couldn't find the right option but I still don't get any shit so far. I don't want to be 'spoon-fed' thus I describe to them how I didn't manage to get the answer I want to hear from a Native speaker etc. None messaged me back, just read and visited my profile then leave it alone. How fucking rude.

It's really sad to see the bitter truth of people here, cant help myself but what I learnt so far is that I can judge people easily what they are mostly up to and what they seek for based on their mere profiles and their friend list as it seems to be some kind of collected 'trophies' and an obvious implication of which countries they prefer the most.
    You've just made it more difficult for yourself at a personal level. What people know about you here is that you have a single post on the forum which can be summarised as being a whining rant about "how nobody talks to me". It rather conflicts with your assertions about "being good friend material".

Where are your other posts on the forum which demonstrate your other aspects of personality and character?

Leave a comment:

• Anikiiii
    replied
    Been on this website with multiple attempts hoping that there would be new amount of people who aren't at least picky and biased but I was wrong the whole time since I had already realized that this site unveiled the true colors of people which actually might mean that they are just racists.

Who you are, how you look like and especially where you come from play a huge role on this penpal platform. People saying on their profile descriptions that they are open-minded, friendly and all those bullshits is just to make up their own excuses for the sake of looking genuine and good. Inherently they are just still shallow at picking whom they want to do things with.
    What they mostly say generally on profile description about not being able to reply to anyone is just an excuse in a polite way that they aren't simply interested in them.

I am not from one of those countries where majority of the men seek money, marriage proposals or any unsolicited and unwanted message. It's just very difficult for me that almost none reaches me out by visiting my profile etc because they are mostly entitled to the opinions of only wanting to talk/be friends with users from certain backgrounds or countries. I can say confidently that I am a good friend material who listens to and gives appropriate advice but this sort of barrier holds me off from having good friends who at least can speak English fluently, But for a fact, my race or nationality doesn't matter at all.

You might want to experience this 'treatment' by making an alt account, where you kinda role-play as either guy or girl (being a girl decreases the difficulty slightly) from a third world country or whatever it is that sounds unfamiliar to the world and you will never ever be reached out and you will realize how picky and shallow people are on this platform. Guys here also are the same, deeming talking to guys can be considered as 'gay', they just think that there wouldn't be a beneficial outcome and it's much easier to talk to girls and get at least 'something' out of it.

Somehow it unveils people's true colors, of course I don't go message only girls but men too if I don't see them engaging only with girls, those I really don't bother, but well it's still bullshit. For instance, I asked several Germans for a help in translation because after searching for the answer myself I couldn't find the right option but I still don't get any shit so far. I don't want to be 'spoon-fed' thus I describe to them how I didn't manage to get the answer I want to hear from a Native speaker etc. None messaged me back, just read and visited my profile then leave it alone. How fucking rude.

It's really sad to see the bitter truth of people here, cant help myself but what I learnt so far is that I can judge people easily what they are mostly up to and what they seek for based on their mere profiles and their friend list as it seems to be some kind of collected 'trophies' and an obvious implication of which countries they prefer the most.

Leave a comment:

• Francisco_spain
    replied
    I don't think, any times the afrikan kings give me mony because is far parent.

Leave a comment:

• nemure
    replied
    To me racism has two sides:

- The first is about probability: you get bad experiences 9/10 times from people in a certain country/region, then you block them all, knowing that the chance of blocking out a potential good friend is very low. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

- Second side is people's inherent bias. My understanding is that many (most?) of us have fallen in love with the culture of certain countries/regions at a very early age (before 20), usually due to movies/books/tv shows/commercials/magzines/products/promotions etc. Let's just say we were brainwashed due to lack of experience. This bias is hard to change and many people don't even realize that it can make them come across as being racist.

There is a reason for everything, and honestly I don't care if someone is a racist or not, it's just part of human nature. If someone's profile sounds offensive because of his/her bias, I just pass, no complaint whatever. Simple as that.
    Last edited by nemure; 06-10-2018, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aussieinbg
    replied
    Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
    I never checked profiles of girls from this part of the world before, but you're right, many of them block their own continent of origin.
    Beyond the theory of omnipresent "racism" what could be the drive for such behavior of those girls?
    I suppose their motives are the same like those of all girls to block particular regions.
    Given the types of posts I write on certain forums, I probably attract more than average interest from certain areas of the world. This was one of the first very interesting things I had observed reciprocating viewing the profiles of those who had looked at mine.

If you are particularly observant, there's a hell of a lot you can learn first hand which enables you to cut right through the bullshit

Leave a comment:

• Hades91
    replied
    Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Check the female profiles for that region (the genuine profiles that is You'll find that huge proportions of them block their own region. I guess that they must also be racists
    I never checked profiles of girls from this part of the world before, but you're right, many of them block their own continent of origin.
    Beyond the theory of omnipresent "racism" what could be the drive for such behavior of those girls?
    I suppose their motives are the same like those of all girls to block particular regions.

Leave a comment:

• aussieinbg
    replied
    Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
    Make yourself a female European account with an average picture......and I can assure you, you will stop saying "whole continent because of some spammers"
    If you were to fill in a map of Africa where such messages originate, you'd see that it is just about all northern rather than southern Africa. Wonder why?

I've tried the cross dressing experiment regarding the sorts of messaging you get previously, but have not done it on IP. From this and anecdotal evidence, I suspect that IP is probably not so bad compared with most other places in terms of much messaging women on a site suffer. This site does a pretty good job overall filtering out the trash.

Interestingly enough, there was a time on internet when access was very limited in these regions and the people you chatted with were intelligent and genuinely interesting. Then internet became widely available, cheap and every village boy had internet access. After that, it was game over for that region - too many with dysfunctional sex drives and religious self-belief flooding sites like IP.

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
    PS: I have checked now a dozend male profiles from Europe. Not one of them blocked Africa. Then I checked a dozend female profiles from Europe.....about the half blocks Africa. They may have their reasons. Am I right assuming that you are after female profiles too? I recommend the European men, they are obviously less "racist"
    Check the female profiles for that region (the genuine profiles that is You'll find that huge proportions of them block their own region. I guess that they must also be racists

Leave a comment:

• m_ZicX
    replied
    Originally posted by john_in_bkk View Post
    Some of the people on this site come across as a bit misguided or out there in different ways but no more than anywhere else on the internet.

If anything the people here seem above average, related to being broad-minded and reasonable. Just try your luck in the average special-interest Facebook group.

If the idea is that people don't want to talk to you by private message (or to whoever originally posted that) I'd guess most people want to talk to others who meet some limited set of criteria that just depends on them.

Some women have mentioned having problems with guys from India or Turkey or wherever, but I don't see that as racism, just basing decisions on past personal experience.
    I'm not complaining that people don't want to talk to me!
    I'm talking about the huge number of people here who block a whole continent to prevent possible scammers, which is not fair for the decent guys from the blocked continent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X