What makes you click with someone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you click with someone

You can have lots of banal conversations with people, but what makes you say "I had a connection with that person"

Part of the answer is in banal conversation. If you can still stand each other in spite of periods of banality when communicating, then you have passed a significant test of your ability to associate and put up with one another.

Comment

The best way to know if you're clicking or hitting it off with someone is if you feel completely comfortable with them, like you could tell them anything and be completely honest. If you can build a relationship with someone though conversation you are already clicking with that other person. Try and find common interests and build from there, and even if you feel the conversation drifting try re-building it with a new interest or with memories you guys have talked about. If you show interest and have similarities you're already clicking with that other person

Comment

Originally posted by NoThisIsPatrick View Post
        The best way to know if you're clicking or hitting it off with someone is if you feel completely comfortable with them, like you could tell them anything and be completely honest.
        Agree. My experience is that it's best to be honest right from the beginning, with regards to interests, preferences to food/drink/culture, political views etc. Not a good idea to try to be a nice-guy/gal to win over someone, as it's not going to work in the long run.

Comment

When people are kind of different and we have something in common. I like it when someone doesn't just go like "hey, how are you?" and after 5 messages the conversation is over, even talking about random things is fine and we can talk a lot

Comment

Working...
          X