Clichés..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clichés..

There is a small group that makes the big group image bad.

Black Africa, for example, has different characteristics to those of the Maghreb. In Europe Germany isn’t Sweden, is it?

It is the same for Arabs, some not like all.

One gets the impression that everything is bad, that there are no aneting good. European prejudices are radical and often wrong.

I agree with you there is the deceivers and bad people but not everyone.

I could talk for hours about this but no-one would understand, because Europeans have a view of Africa that disturbs me.

There are too many clichés, it’s like saying that Naples is the Mafia and that’s it. You can’t claim that an entire continent isn’t not good (Africa) especially Arabs.

Originally posted by Joubmah View Post
    In Europe Germany isn’t Sweden, is it?
    Is this top-secret information?
    Last edited by VaselineBasket; 06-13-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Another whining thread helping to cement prejudices about people from "certain regions" begins....

Hint: the issue might ultimately have more to do with a certain religion's implicit and explicit definition of itself being superior to everything else rather than ethnicity.

Comment

There is a small group that makes the big group image bad.

Black Africa, for example, has different characteristics to those of the Maghreb. In Europe Germany isn’t Sweden, is it?

It is the same for Arabs, some not like all.

One gets the impression that everything is bad, that there are no aneting good. European prejudices are radical and often wrong.

I agree with you there is the deceivers and bad people but not everyone.

I could talk for hours about this but no-one would understand, because Europeans have a view of Africa that disturbs me.

There are too many clichés, it’s like saying that Naples is the Mafia and that’s it. You can’t claim that an entire continent isn’t not good (Africa) especially Arabs.
        You are right, some are not like all the rest, people from Malta are very cool, Tunisia are usually better than other Magrhebians, Catholic arabs usually don't cause any problems. Subsaharian Africa has also better reputation than Maghreb over here.

As for the Mafia, it's Sicilia, not Naples, Naples is pizza-land.

Ps : Clichés have always a part of truth.
        P.ps : Except the Wakanda, there is not first world country in Africa... In that way, they are all "bad".
        Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 06-13-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

You are right, some are not like all the rest, people from Malta are very cool, Tunisia are usually better than other Magrhebians, Catholic arabs usually don't cause any problems. Subsaharian Africa has also better reputation than Maghreb over here.

As for the Mafia, it's Sicilia, not Naples, Naples is pizza-land.

Ps : Clichés have always a part of truth.
          P.ps : Except the Wakanda, there is not first world country in Africa... In that way, they are all "bad".
          The OP by separating out "blacks" from "North Africans" and doing so very early in the rant seems to be very much highlighting the racism that Islam holds against black people.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

The OP by separating out "blacks" from "North Africans" and doing so very early in the rant seems to be very much highlighting the racism that Islam holds against black people.
            Maghreb isn't well known for being racist toward black thou... People do'nt know the "nicknames" black can have there or the stone shower they receive in Algeria. When some people learn about it, they start to say "it's because of colonialism", it's also because of colonialism than some words used for black works for slave as well in arabic

Comment

Joumah said > " There is a small group which makes the big group image look bad "...
              There are also very BIG groups which make their group image look bad..Take for example moslems in several countries who in the normal course of a conversation among themselves use the word abed (slave ) to describe negroes..Abed is the word for negro and abed is the word for slave but after a history of at least 14 hundred years of enslaving the africans what do you expect ?

Comment

Originally posted by VaselineBasket View Post
                Is this top-secret information?
                Yes, Maybe!

Comment

Yes, Maybe!
                  I understand, the information is taken into view. You should continue to monitoring situation. We will contact you.
                  Last edited by VaselineBasket; 06-13-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

European prejudices are radical and often wrong.
                    about what are Europeans wrong and why is that important to you?

Comment

Originally posted by VaselineBasket View Post
                      I understand, the information is taken into view. You should continue to monitoring situation. We will contact you.
                      I'm sure one of the Kremlins agents already told you, but I can add that France is not Italy either (and I like the Italians much better).

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                        I'm sure one of the Kremlins agents already told you, but I can add that France is not Italy either (and I like the Italians much better).
                        The Kremlin is busy because it is studying the situation around Finland. There are two options, because Sweden was used earlier: "In Europe Finland isn't Finland" and "In Europe Finland isn't Suomi".

Comment

Please take the subject seriously and not the ridicule.
                          I will come back later until I respond to your responses.
                          I am fasting and the time has come for the ears Lol

Comment

Please take the subject seriously and not the ridicule.
                            I will come back later until I respond to your responses.
                            I am fasting and the time has come for the ears Lol
                            We are serious in serious matters. You voiced banality or truism, i.e. the clichés of human morality, in the starting message (we agree with your truism), but then you concluded that the clichés are bad. In Europe Germany isn't Sweden. You were uniquely fickle. It caused a smile in next messages.
                            Last edited by VaselineBasket; 06-13-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

...Please take the subject seriously and not the ridicule.
                              The pre-conceived ideas about Arab Muslims (what you call clichés) exist because they have a basis in fact, as Sancta Lux stated. The problems Western nations have with Arab, Turkish and Persian Muslims are partly due to your cultures, customs and religions which seem stern and regressive to us. The other problem is of our making: multiculturalism. Multiculturalism promotes the evidently false idea that people of very different cultures can live side-by-side in mutual respect and harmony in the same country. As many people know, that just doesn’t work.

On a personal note, I’m 61 and I know Muslims around my age who came to Canada as young men and women. Every single one is integrated into my culture. They act like me, they dress like me, they eat and drink as I do. They live here and there, in no particular neighbourhood. Their children are average Canadians as well.

New Muslims from the Maghreb and Turkey - those that arrived 20 years ago or so - are very different. They no longer want to integrate into the larger society but wish to remain separate, to live with others from their country, to establish mosques as cultural centres. They are proud of their cultures and traditions. They take their religions seriously. They are vocal and argue with anyone who says something they do not agree with. They criticize Canada for all kinds of reasons. They appear to be misogynistic from our point of view. Misogynistic, off-putting, angry; those are the words that come to mind.

You did the right thing by leaving Germany and returning to your Muslim nation where you can live as you see fit. Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X