Halloween

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

Halloween is still a few weeks away but how popular or unpopular is it in your country? Are the general trick or treat customs practiced? Is it a very commercial business etc?

Here in the UK, it is more commercial than anything else. The shops have been full of plastics ghosts, ghouls, and all sorts of other creepy crap for ages now. Where I live, out in the sticks, we do not see many trick or treaters, perhaps they are scared of the dark!!!, but I believe the townsfolk get a few.

Comment

Halloween is less popular now than when I was a child. An influx of immigrants from cultures where Halloween isn’t practiced as well as the ageing of the population may be responsible for this.

Comment

Almost non practised at all. It's tradition of english speaking countries not ours. I think countries should keep its own culture instead of copying someone else

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
          Almost non practised at all. It's tradition of english speaking countries not ours. I think countries should keep its own culture instead of copying someone else
          That's a shame, it would be fantastic if small catholic children there could dress up as weirdos and go and frighten and harass catholic adults for a change

Comment

Originally posted by fatbeard View Post

That's a shame, it would be fantastic if small catholic children there could dress up as weirdos and go and frighten and harass catholic adults for a change
            No need to be upset that Polish people do not want to copy your weird culture you moron

Comment

No need to be upset that Polish people do not want to copy your weird culture you moron
              Stop sulking that my reverse comparison was hilarious crybaby

Comment

Stop sulking that my reverse comparison was hilarious crybaby
                You have too good impression of yourself for a leftist troll

Comment

You have too good impression of yourself for a leftist troll
                  Awwwww dry your eyes

Comment

Dunno nowaday, it was kinda popular 5-10 years ago and we still have a lot of product related to Halloween in the supermarkets. I guess some adults are doing parties to celebrate it too but I'm not part of them so...

And I prefer Samain anyway, I'd be glad to see something like "hey, come to our fest or die " just to see how people would react :v

Comment

It doesn't happen here but yeah I am scared of Halloween monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by usernameapp View Post
                        It doesn't happen here but yeah I am scared of Halloween monsters.
                        Lol why? Halloween monsters are just people in costumes

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                          Dunno nowaday, it was kinda popular 5-10 years ago and we still have a lot of product related to Halloween in the supermarkets. I guess some adults are doing parties to celebrate it too but I'm not part of them so...

And I prefer Samain anyway, I'd be glad to see something like "hey, come to our fest or die " just to see how people would react :v
                          What's the deal with that? I'm usually up for an excuse for a party

Comment

What's the deal with that? I'm usually up for an excuse for a party
                            Samain is, basically, the Celtic fest that is the root of Halloween (and All Saints Day as well)

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                              Samain is, basically, the Celtic fest that is the root of Halloween (and All Saints Day as well)
                              But is there fine wine and delicious food?

Comment

Working...
                              X