Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the purpose of marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think is the purpose of marriage?

What do you think is the purpose of marriage? Does their love become deeper after marriage? Or is it just a social contract?

In today's World, it has no purpose at all! I tried it once a long time ago and it did not last long. Then I had a much deeper relationship, without the bits of paper and the associated bullshit, which lasted for three decades before Cancer ended it. In some backward cultures, it might still have some financial benefits such as Tax Relief or whatever but they have no bearing on a relationship!
    Some of the richest Lawyers are the Divorce Lawyers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YuuichiTam View Post
      What do you think is the purpose of marriage? Does their love become deeper after marriage? Or is it just a social contract?
      In healthy and really equal societies without alimony laws for lazy ex-wives and where your marriage partner doesn't get a dime of property registered in prenuptial agreement?
      There isn't more than a little bit folklore of marriage ceremony.

If you marry as male in some US states or another country with laws that favor massively females while divorce, you're an idiotic retard.
      Even in countries where divorce laws are civilized but both sides don't want separate mutual of each others or fight for the kids, costs of a divorce can be high.

Oh... I used 4 time the term divorce... this must be purpose of a marriage.

Comment

The purpose of marriage is to promise eachother to spend your life together, to support eachother to fulfill your lifedreams, to share everything, be it mentally, sexually, financially or whatever.

The wedding itself was important for us, since we wanted to have the same last name - what was actually the most important point. We wanted to have protection of the law - like for example if one gets very ill or dies. German marriage laws are pretty sane for both spouses and children. And we wanted to have a nice party with family and friends.

But we have been "married" actually already for 2-3 years before our wedding.

Comment

It is invented by a "church." And churches of differennt religions copy this type of rites to bring people back to that church at certain stages of life. It was designed to control the lives of people.
          The most important reason for divorce is marriage.

Comment

The purpose of marriage between man and woman is to start family and give birth to the kids, that you will later raise together.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post

It is invented by a "church." And churches of differennt religions copy this type of rites to bring people back to that church at certain stages of life. It was designed to control the lives of people.
              The most important reason for divorce is marriage.
              Marriage (taking a woman as wife) existed long before church, it became later perverted with inability of religious divorce, different taxes and secular divorce laws.
              Taking a woman as wife wasn't in pagan age nothing else as taking responsibility for her and taking her away of house of her father.
              The question is, why I should take responsibility for well being of a women when society made females independent and equal?

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
                The purpose of marriage between man and woman is to start family and give birth to the kids, that you will later raise together.
                Well, you can have kids without a marriage. You can living together with a woman who has a kid, while you have two kids with two different women as well. Why marriage in such world of single mothers? That's true independency and gender equality.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

Well, you can have kids without a marriage. You can living together with a woman who has a kid, while you have two kids with two different women as well. Why marriage in such world of single mothers? That's true independency and gender equality.
                  No thx that's too non Catholic to me Not to mention I don't like milfs

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                    Marriage (taking a woman as wife) existed long before church, it became later perverted with inability of religious divorce, different taxes and secular divorce laws.
                    Taking a woman as wife wasn't in pagan age nothing else as taking responsibility for her and taking her away of house of her father.
                    The question is, why I should take responsibility for well being of a women when society made females independent and equal?
                    men like you who don't plan to stay together lifelong really should not marry.

Parents can be equal, but they are never independent from eachother. When one parent thinks his/her role is paying money only, this is very bad for the child (and the other idiot who was helping to produce this child) - be that married, living together unmarried or being divorced.

you should make a fertility test before you marry, since 15% of all couples have problems with getting children. Being infertile your kind of marriage would be worthless from the beginning and not only after the first 20-30 years.

Marriage is much more than raising children.
                    Last edited by Suna123; 10-11-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

It seems obvious enough that marriage evolved to support raising children, to contribute to the well-being of society by enforcing long term pairing of people mostly towards that end. The terms related to divorce and later evolved gender redefinitions were never much of a consideration. People adopting much less consistent gender roles would seem to make that long-term pairing process slightly more complicated, related to finding a compatible atypical match that worked.

For some cultural aspects and traditions it seems to help step back and separate the benefit to an individual from the benefit of society. The two more or less go together, but they are different things. The current trend towards serial monogamy instead, people being in relationships outside marriage or divorcing multiple times, serves some of the same role but is less stable, in a sense. There could be both potential benefits and drawbacks for the children growing up in less traditional households but in general it wouldn't seem as positive for them.

About love deepening, I'm probably not the right person to ask, because I've been married to a relatively unstable woman for 12 years now. It's hard to imagine the early form of infatuation people associate with love carrying over to a similar long term experience, but that take could just relate to my circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

you should make a fertility test before you marry, since 15% of all couples have problems with getting children. Being infertile your kind of marriage would be worthless from the beginning and not only after the first 20-30 years.
                        Don't worry I'm perfectly healthy

Marriage is much more than raising children.
                        No it isn't

Comment

Don't worry I'm perfectly healthy
                          This is what many men think.....before it turns out they are infertile.

No it isn't
                          then you are going to divorce or suicide when the children reached adulthood or you are infertile from the beginning?

Comment

This is what many men think.....before it turns out they are infertile.

then you are going to divorce or suicide when the children reached adulthood or you are infertile from the beginning?
                            No. I have examined myself Suna123. That's why I said I'm perfectly healthy

Comment

No. I have examined myself Suna123. That's why I said I'm perfectly healthy
                              with a microscope or how did you measure agility and form of your sperm?
                              (quick tests you can do at home measure only the number.....those tests are only useful to check if a vasectomy is still intact)
                              Last edited by Suna123; 10-11-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X