Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the purpose of marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
    with a microscope or how did you measure agility and form of your sperm?
    I don't know how doctors do that Suna123. I do not study medicine

Comment

men like you who don't plan to stay together lifelong really should not marry.
      I'm not a friend of final solutions.

Parents can be equal, but they are never independent from eachother. When one parent thinks his/her role is paying money only, this is very bad for the child (and the other idiot who was helping to produce this child) - be that married, living together unmarried or being divorced.
      A marriage or relationship where both parents despise and betray permanently each other isn't a good environment for a kid as well.
      Separation and cooperation on "business" level, while both parents participate emotionally and financially in their both common interest (the kid) is the best reachable compromise.
      Kids outside marriage aren't ostracized anymore in the current world of single mothers.

Comment

then you are going to divorce or suicide when the children reached adulthood or you are infertile from the beginning?
        I'm afraid that killing wife and children is for Catholics lesser sin than suicide
        Last edited by Hades91; 10-11-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
          A marriage or relationship where both parents despise and betray permanently each other isn't a good environment for a kid as well.
          Separation and cooperation on "business" level, while both parents participate emotionally and financially in their both common interest (the kid) is the best reachable compromise.
          exactly. Thatswhy it is wrong to say women are independent today. They are independent until they become mothers. From that moment on fathers are dependent on mothers and mothers dependent on fathers.....doesn't matter if they live together or not, married or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
            I don't know how doctors do that Suna123. I do not study medicine

you wrote you have "examined" yourself......so you should know a certain minimum.
            If this was such a standard test to check the number of sperm, then you should know that this parameter is only one out of several which determine fertility of men. And the actual use this test was developed for are men who got a vasectomy. Since vasectomies have the unfortunate tendencies to heal in some cases.....so you better check this once in a while.
            Those tests you can do at home, but they are everything but useful to determine general fertility of a man.
            (of course they are advertised for this....creating an artificial demand -> succeeded)

Comment

you wrote you have "examined" yourself......so you should know a certain minimum.
              If this was such a standard test to check the number of sperm, then you should know that this parameter is only one out of several which determine fertility of men. And the actual use this test was developed for are men who got a vasectomy. Since vasectomies have the unfortunate tendencies to heal in some cases.....so you better check this once in a while.
              Those tests you can do at home, but they are everything but useful to determine general fertility of a man.
              (of course they are advertised for this....creating an artificial demand -> succeeded)
              I don't know any minimum I've checked my sperm in a lab and they said I'm fertile

Comment

Marriage (taking a woman as wife) existed long before church, it became later perverted with inability of religious divorce, different taxes and secular divorce laws.
                Taking a woman as wife wasn't in pagan age nothing else as taking responsibility for her and taking her away of house of her father.
                The question is, why I should take responsibility for well being of a women when society made females independent and equal?
                No, it didn't. You are thinking of the Christian churches. As soon as religion got organised (i.e. a church) as it was in pagan times already, marriage became a way for the priests to influence the lives of ordinary people. Before that, people just remained together to raise kids, just as many other animals do.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post

No, it didn't. You are thinking of the Christian churches. As soon as religion got organised (i.e. a church) as it was in pagan times already, marriage became a way for the priests to influence the lives of ordinary people. Before that, people just remained together to raise kids, just as many other animals do.
                  Actually he is right. Roman law already knew the institution of marriage as well as divorce. Catholic Church ha just changed its meaning a bit.

Comment

I afraid that killing wife and children is for Catholics less a sin than suicide
                    I'm afraid thats true.
                    At least there is no punishment necessary after successfully suiciding.

Comment

I'm afraid thats true.
                      At least there is no punishment necessary after successfully suiciding.
                      While catholic dark ages corpses of people which committed suicide were hanged often outside the walls like those of worst enemies. I'm sure it was nice example for others and remembrance for family of the suicide

Comment

Working...
                      X