What’s your ideal pet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s your ideal pet?

Today our 16 year old cat passed away in her sleep. She was so precious. I think if I could choose an ideal pet I would choose her all over again.

What makes a pet ideal to you? Do you have a special pet?

Sorry for your loss.

I have a dog, She's 11 and her breed is supposed to have an average lifespan of 15 years. I learned a lot about myself by observing my interactions with her, and her interactions with people and with other animals (pigs, horses, cats, other dogs).

Comment

Well, if it could comfort I'd say sleeping in her death wasn't a bad thing. Else, I don't think that there is any ideal pet neither for me or the others.

Actually, it just depends of our personality, some people like cats and some others, like me, despise or hate them... However, hating or despising an animal doesn't forbid anyone to live with it or even to like or love it.
      In my case, I have always had a cat around me and have loved the one who shared my life for my 16 first years (until he died in his 18). On the same way, I have started by not liking the doggo that came at home because I felt that there was something unfair and that my family wasn't treating their pets equally, but I loved him as well few months later. Then There is another cat on the house that I simply hate as any random cat outside while I pet any dogs I meet in the street.

From this, I believe there is no ideal pet at all, neither for me or for others. Once you consider an animal as a part of your family, he/she is an ideal pet.
      Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 10-11-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

What you want.

What you get

Comment

It always is very sad when you lose your beloved pet. We have already experienced it with a dog who passed away at age of 16 and half. Now, we have second dog, he is 12, a beautiful mongrel like our former one. I hope that he will live with us as long as possible. He is intelligent and loyal pet, I love him very much. Maybe pets can reincarnate too and they return to us to live another life with us.

Comment

Terry..rottweiler...but he ate poisoned food in the street and he was frothing at the mouth.. and die

Comment

Josef and Ed, so sorry for your losses. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find another companion Josef. Hope he enjoys a very long and healthy life.

Comment

it's my friend's dog, really I don't care...but frothing at the mouth and agony looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura005 View Post
                  Today our 16 year old cat passed away in her sleep. She was so precious.
                  I am sorry to read this.

Originally posted by Laura005 View Post
                  I think if I could choose an ideal pet I would choose her all over again.

What makes a pet ideal to you? Do you have a special pet?
                  Nothing makes an ideal pet for me. I like to travel. You cannot carry a pet everywhere. I also do not think an ideal pet is one that you just care for when it suits you.
                  I like dogs. But I think it is cruel to leave that animal at home or even with strangers.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaliyArtemych View Post
                    Terry..rottweiler...but he ate poisoned food in the street and he was frothing at the mouth.. and die

I am sorry to hear it. Those things are horrible. Some people hate dogs so much that they throw poisoned food on the ground so dogs can find it, eat it and then die. It happens almost everywhere, I know people whose pets were poisoned in this way.
                    Unfortunately, it is difficult to hunt down the perpetrator. One have to be very careful and protect their pet as best as possible.

Comment

My special pet comes in the form of a German Shepherd named Zaika. She's not just a pet, but a service dog. I guess she helps my life feel full, and she and I are a lot more alike than I originally thought. When I first got Zaika, I thought she hated me. She just didn't know me yet, and we've become the greatest pair. Never have a seen a dog seem as intuitive her, it's like there's an ever expanding galaxy within her eyes, just in the trusting way she looks at me. She teaches me to let loose, and have fun, even if that means setting her loose in the fields around my house and watching her sprint around, completely free. She's so special to me, and it's safe to say that if it weren't for my "little bunny", I wouldn't be here today.

Comment

My ideal pet is dog.

Comment

My ideal pet is cat.

Comment

i have had my Pet Rock since 1975. At that time i named him Rocky.

Comment

I have a dog which I absolutely love so probably dogs!

Comment

Working...
                              X