Noobs vs. Super Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobs vs. Super Users

Let me first qualify this post by saying that this is not the first forum I've witnessed this phenomena in. . . having said that. . .

I've read a bunch of threads throughout this forum and it seems to me like there are several long-term regulars who use this site to entertain themselves by making fun of new user posts and comments (and I grant you, some seem truly ridiculous) and by tearing into others remarks solely for the purpose of antagonizing others into some sort of a "verbal" sparing match. So, what's the mission of the forum? Should new users not even bother? Just move on and leave this place to its current inhabitants? Asking for a friend.

Pole Question: In your opinion is the InterPals forum environment friendly or unwelcoming towards new users?
    Friendly, long-term users welcome input from new-users.
    30.00%
    Unwelcoming, have noticed definite antagonism towards new-users.
    20.00%
    Neither, have not observed any noticable antagonism towards new-users.
    50.00%

No, stay. This forum really needs new people. I keep arguing with the same on and on again

Comment

If you can't stand any criticism the problem won't be the veterans users or the forum but the whole internet... Don't forget that you are not on a forum that is focusing any topic or ideology so don't expect people on here to feed your confirmation bias.

Some people hre will agree with you until you show that you aren't totally on their side and then will start to label you as either leftist or fascist for example. Some other will never agree with you, won't care or will simply agree/disagree/give their opinions. Deal with it and try not to see only what you want to see.

Ps : Some veterans are friendly however, unlike me, so don't worry about that and just try to find them :3
      Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 10-11-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
        No, stay. This forum really needs new people. I keep arguing with the same on and on again
        I wouldn't say "arguing" when it's with you

Else I agree, the same names are popping too often.

Comment

Well, you kind of illustrated my point for me Lux. So thanks. . . I guess??

It's really not about criticism. I love criticism (useful, respectful, constructive criticism) both getting and receiving! I'm not sure what I wrote that gave you the impression that I have some sort of "confirmation bias" I expect people to pander to. I'm a big girl. I just expect people to be civil and to respect that differences of opinion exist. I know those are high expectations. . . but I guess I'm high maintenance lol.
          Last edited by Laura005; 10-11-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
            If you can't stand any criticism the problem won't be the veterans users or the forum but the whole internet... Don't forget that you are not on a forum that is focusing any topic or ideology so don't expect people on here to feed your confirmation bias.

Some people hre will agree with you until you show that you aren't totally on their side and then will start to label you as either leftist or fascist for example. Some other will never agree with you, won't care or will simply agree/disagree/give their opinions. Deal with it and try not to see only what you want to see.

Ps : Some veterans are friendly however, unlike me, so don't worry about that and just try to find them :3
            What is wrong with being leftist? You speak as if this was an insult or something, dude we have 21st century go out of your cave maybe

Comment

I wouldn't say "arguing" when it's with you

Else I agree, the same names are popping too often.
              No ned to be upset that you cannot win with me, keep learning boy, maybe someday you will

Comment

Laura, there are only two really twisted men here on the forums. You saw through one of them, rightfully recognizing that he enjoys arguments more than intelligent discussion. The other one uses the same vulgar language and exercises the same contempt towards others. They’re both sick, both toxic people.
                Ignore them.

Comment

Roger, thanks for that. I've really enjoyed reading some of your thoughtful posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura005 View Post
                    Well, you kind of illustrated my point for me Lux. So thanks. . . I guess??

It's really not about criticism. I love criticism (useful, respectful, constructive criticism) both getting and receiving! I'm not sure what I wrote that gave you the impression that I have some sort of "confirmation bias" I expect people to pander to. I'm a big girl. I just expect people to be civil and to respect that differences of opinion exist. I know those are high expectations. . . but I guess I'm high maintenance lol.
                    There are different kind of criticism, some can be very... incisive/spicy and almost offensive, yet they remind critics.

Else, I got this impression from another thread because you looked more interested in confirming you idea about religion's role in war.

Finally, yes those are quite high expectations on the internet in general but, as I said, sometime you have to dig a little bit before getting something you could describe as "civil".

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

No ned to be upset that you cannot win with me, keep learning boy, maybe someday you will
                      Yeye, I love you too my cute little Polish. Don't worry, I won't abandon you as I know you need my attention

Comment

Else, I got this impression from another thread because you looked more interested in confirming you idea about religion's role in war.
                        Fair enough, but I think if you read all my posts in that thread you might get a different impression.

Comment

The ultimate in butthurt is a revenge thread...

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
                            Laura, there are only two really twisted men here on the forums. You saw through one of them, rightfully recognizing that
                            Rant time from Roger Rabbit...

he enjoys arguments more than
                            Exposing your bullshit is enjoyable... arguing for the sake of arguing, nah.

intelligent discussion.
                            Your doublespeak for under the table religious preaching - which you have been caught out on quite a bit...

The other one uses the same vulgar language and exercises the same contempt towards others.
                            Another one who catches your bullshit out on a very regular basis. "For whatever reason", you are not game to show your face around the Religion forum too much anymore are you? Others were catching you out also.

Antipodeans cut to the chase. Your inability to support your "opinions", your general cowardice and hypocrisy calling on others to support what they say or express an opinion while at the same time actually avoiding giving your own.

Who could ever forget your fake "wife's 1980's holiday in Bulgaria" story. My neighbours and some other people got a great laugh out of that one while we were having a beer You just happened to choose the wrong country to bullshit about....

They’re both sick, both toxic people.
                            Ignore them.
                            Your Christian love is showing

Comment

You really are a sick man. Very sick & twisted. I'm not saying this to insult you because I'm sure some part of you recognizes your problems. To actually get enjoyment out of belittling others is evidence of a viciousness I've rarely seen, even when I worked with lifers and murderers.

Comment

Working...
                              X