Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you please share your ideas / knowledge about the typing of hieroglyphs

Hi everyone!

I have a question about typing hieroglyphs from different countries such as Japan, China or Korea.

Maybe someone knows which methods are used to achieve these goals.

I turned on the Japanese keyboard on my laptop, selected the "Hiragana" input mode and tried to enter hieroglyphs. However, I had some troubles with this because one key is not one hieroglyph on the keyboard. So, am I right understand that when a sound of a hieroglyph using Latin letters is typed and then "space" key is pressed, then the appropriate hieroglyph appears instead of entered letters?

I have the same question about Chinese typing methods.

Although, I know there are traditional and simplified keyboards. In this case, I found out that a traditional keyboard, which is for Hong Kong, allows entering one hieroglyph by pressing one key. There is a similar situation with the typing of Korean hieroglyphs.

Could you please share your knowledge about these languages and about entering them on desktop devices?

Maybe I should select some settings on my Japanese / Chinese / Korean keyboards?

* one more question: Can I use the word "choose" instead of the word "select" in this post?
    Thanks a lot for your answers!
Working...
X