Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you see the moon, is this smiling to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you see the moon, is this smiling to you?

well, last eclipse I saw from my house, then the shadow made the moon smile at me, but watching tv, in other countries, the shadow left the moon sad.
    So, looking at the moon of your house, is the moon sad or sad?

It was cloudy here so I missed the Blood Moon.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
      It was cloudy here so I missed the Blood Moon.
      I saw the blood moon.

Comment

Our eclipse was obscured by clouds. Naturally, it was clear day before and after...

But it was still cool. I think there should be more eclipses made. Who wants to help me build a moon that will have a huge crater in it and can't be destroyed by a young Jedi with a lucky shot?

Comment

I missed it, simply because I didn't pay attention and forgot it was yesterday. Yet, the moon never smiled during an eclips, it rather became bloody and I can easily imagine why it was a bad sign in the past.

Ps : I don't get why some blood moon are so popular and that the phenomenon is generally showed as rare while it occurs several time a year...
          Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 01-22-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Blood moon means total eclipse and that doesn't happen several times a year. A full moon does occur every 28 days or so.

Besides, a meteorite hit the moon during the eclipse as well which is pretty awesome as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post
              Blood moon means total eclipse and that doesn't happen several times a year. A full moon does occur every 28 days or so.

Besides, a meteorite hit the moon during the eclipse as well which is pretty awesome as well.
              It does, for sure it depends on the year but the phenomenion is everything but rare... It occured twice last year, twice in 2015, twice in 2014... and those where sometime in better conditions (like not in the middle of the winter at 5:30am for the total phase).

As for the meteorite, most of people are obviously not into astronomy and didn't have any tool to watch such things happening (not talking about the patience).

So yes, you could play with the words and say that a blood moon doesn't happen several time a year (for sure penombral eclipses had to be put apart in this case), it doesn't change the fact that some medias are selling people a non-event. Strangely, same happened with some meteor showers. I remember this time where they where telling people "Oh, look it will be geminids!" with total fake pictures (as for blood moon, lel) and pushed people to go out in mid december to get probably disappointed while they don't even try to see leonids or perseids during summer nights when the scientists invite them to do so and which are more important meteor showers ;v

Comment

Working...
              X