Why are you here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you here?

(edit- someone else posted a thread with the same title. I didn't realize it at first. The content of this thread is different!)

I've been on interpals since 2010. I've met people here who have become close friends, I even unintentionally started a relationship when I flew to Finland to meet a penpal in 2011 and we hit it off. (we're just friends now)

But since 2015, I haven't sent or received a letter, met anyone, or even had any meaningful and lasting conversations beyond basic greetings and exploring shared interests.
    Despite how the title of this topic might sound, the question isn't necessarily directed to the people who ignore us, look at our profiles and never say a word, or disappear after a few messages.

It seems that in the past 3 years that I've been back on interpals, nobody seems to use the platform properly. Am I alone in thinking this?
    I assume you created a profile to meet people from around the world, exchange letters/currency/small gifts, and even find travel partners. So why does interpals now seem more like facebook, or a dating website?

What about you all, I'm curious to know how you feel about the state of interpals.

-Leon
    Last edited by Hotarubii; 03-22-2019, 11:51 PM.

http://forum.interpals.net/forum/interpals/general/3085962-why-are-you-here.......???????

Mzzls

Comment

Interpals works for me the way it is supposed to work. I have two regular correspondents, both in Poland. I am to attend the wedding of one of them in 2020, so I’ll be flying to Poland for that and to visit the country.

Comment

I didn't realize someone else had the exact same title. The content of this thread is different, I'll try to update the title

Comment

Originally posted by Hotarubii View Post
          It seems that in the past 3 years that I've been back on interpals, nobody seems to use the platform properly. Am I alone in thinking this?
          I assume you created a profile to meet people from around the world, exchange letters/currency/small gifts, and even find travel partners. So why does interpals now seem more like facebook, or a dating website?
          I feel the exact same way honestly.

I can't afford gifts, mail, or travel right now but I would like to talk to people worldwide, about things that aren't controversial (which Facebook etc. seems to push).

Comment

I personally do not take matters online seriously. As for me, have managed to get a few penpals and stay in touch with them and come here on interpals to post from time to time, other than that, well, it is the online world which we should not be bothered about and I don't care what interpals has turned into.

Comment

Like in real life, how you interact with people and who you choose to interact with ultimately determines the outcome of your time here.

And just like in real life, there are attention whores, sleazeballs, those who can say many words yet say very little and those who think they are profound but are ultimately full of shit when the conversation goes beyond the superficial. Of course there are also gems in the rough - nothing much to look at, showing little promise at first glance yet something special in spite of being relatively hidden.

Comment

I'm perfectly fine with the state of Interpals. I'm using it mainly for my elaborate organ harvesting scheme anyway. You just need to write to the right people. Which reminds me... does anyone here have a superfluous kidney or two?

Comment

Working...
                X