Travel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel

Hi I want to visit different countries but I am a student so it is cheap and wonderful countries are important to me. I'm waiting for your advice.

Hello I'm Dias from indonesia. I have new video in my youtube channel : Diastuti Umi Anggraini. please subscribe my channel if you like it ​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuM3Q-Jw9O0&t=62s

Comment

Originally posted by Eryolcu View Post
      Hi I want to visit different countries but I am a student so it is cheap and wonderful countries are important to me. I'm waiting for your advice.
      Cuba is inexpensive, so is the Dominican Republic but you’re in Turkey and getting to either of these countries would cost you a lot of money. I suggest you start by visiting your own country.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Cuba is inexpensive, so is the Dominican Republic but you’re in Turkey and getting to either of these countries would cost you a lot of money. I suggest you start by visiting your own country.
        You're right. But I want to speak English and practice.

Comment

so.. go to work and earn lot of money for a study in UK or USA.

Comment

I can’t think of any English-speaking country where the cost of living is inexpensive. Perhaps consider African nations...Kenya or Uganda

Comment

I think you can use English every where you go and you can practice English as well .
              In Thailand, it’s not expensive and many places and food too.

Comment

Why not visiting the whole Turkey at first? Anatolia is a place with a very rich history, a lot of beautiful places and a bunch of different ethnies/people. It would be sad to visit different countries without knowing much about the history and the patrimony of your own place.

I hope you would consider it because your own country is also the most convenient to make cheap travels with good opportunities.

I can’t think of any English-speaking country where the cost of living is inexpensive. Perhaps consider African nations...Kenya or Uganda
                Kenya is expensive, and African countries are generally expensive if you go there for tourism due to the lack of proper infrastructures.

Originally posted by CutyEmily View Post
                I think you can use English every where you go and you can practice English as well .
                In Thailand, it’s not expensive and many places and food too.
                No, and it's even less the case if someone wants to learn English. Japan is a country where people barely speak English for example, even in the big cities. It's also rare to face an English speaker if you get out of the cities and get deeper in countryside or places where almost only locals live.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

Kenya is expensive, and African countries are generally expensive if you go there for tourism due to the lack of proper infrastructures...
                  It’s cheap if you live like the locals. For $300U.S. you can find a place to sleep for a whole year in many African countries. On Airbnb, a room in Entebbe (Uganda) can be had for $15 per day. Don’t expect hot showers, continental breakfasts and free parking at these prices...

Comment

But African countries,is it dangerous? I think when we want to go to somewhere at least we must think about safety too.
                    In my country (Thailand) at least in Bangkok, you can fine people who speak English and it’s a bit cheap.
                    Last edited by CutyEmily; 04-16-2019, 03:57 AM.

Comment

It’s cheap if you live like the locals. For $300U.S. you can find a place to sleep for a whole year in many African countries. On Airbnb, a room in Entebbe (Uganda) can be had for $15 per day. Don’t expect hot showers, continental breakfasts and free parking at these prices...
                      Africa is not for backpack tourists.
                      Safe places are there only in enclaves with whites and rich blacks.

Comment

When you go to Africa, it's rarely in order to live "like the locals" and you'll need to rent a car, even with shitty or no road at all... The most interesting part there is biodiversity and I'd say that's almost all that can be interesting in most of those countries (except north Africa, and few places like Malia maybe) and this can be quite expensive and not very unteristing when you are with a dozen of very noisy muricans.

Moreover those countries are not that much into mass tourism and the field is often taxed, even in the most "tourists friendly" like Kenya. Definitely, Africa is quite expensive at the exception of some areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

When you go to Africa, it's rarely in order to live "like the locals" and you'll need to rent a car, even with shitty or no road at all... The most interesting part there is biodiversity and I'd say that's almost all that can be interesting in most of those countries (except north Africa, and few places like Malia maybe) and this can be quite expensive and not very unteristing when you are with a dozen of very noisy muricans.

Moreover those countries are not that much into mass tourism and the field is often taxed, even in the most "tourists friendly" like Kenya. Definitely, Africa is quite expensive at the exception of some areas.
                          Of course, you’re right but don’t forget that I was answering Eryolcu who said he was a student with no money. No money means you must live like the locals. Eryolcu could live in Ghana for a couple of years and practice his English. He would have no choice but to live like the locals since his financial means are modest.

I speak from experience. When I lived in Switzerland, I lived like the locals. I ate a Swiss diet and drank Swiss wine and drove an Opel Corsa. I also lived in a house that had its own nuclear bunker with stores of food.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91x View Post

Africa is not for backpack tourists.
                            Safe places are there only in enclaves with whites and rich blacks.
                            Well, you have to expect some hardship if you are going to live in a different country. As I wrote to Sancta Lux above, my life in Switzerland wasn’t always great. Swiss wines are not really good...they are always a little fizzy. And a constant diet of cheese dishes + chocolate is probably not healthy. I also lived in Strasbourg and there I had to eat Alsatian food and drink Alsatian wines. My home was on the top floor of an 8-story building. I had my own pool on the roof which I had to clean quite often. I hated that.

Living like the locals has some benefits but also comes with many challenges.

Comment

Well, you have to expect some hardship if you are going to live in a different country. As I wrote to Sancta Lux above, my life in Switzerland wasn’t always great. Swiss wines are not really good...they are always a little fizzy. And a constant diet of cheese dishes + chocolate is probably not healthy. I also lived in Strasbourg and there I had to eat Alsatian food and drink Alsatian wines. My home was on the top floor of an 8-story building. I had my own pool on the roof which I had to clean quite often. I hated that.

Living like the locals has some benefits but also comes with many challenges.

Swiss is terrible compared with "WE WUZ KANGZ!" shitholes

Comment

Working...
                              X