Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hades91x View Post

Swiss is terrible compared with "WE WUZ KANGZ!" shitholes
    Yes! After telling you and Sancta Lux about my terrible experiences in Euro shitholes, I remembered that my Opel Corsa had NO POWER STEERING and a manual transmission, not to mention a puny 1,2 litre 4-cylinder engine. I had never driven with a manual transmission...imagine me with such an underpowered car in Switzerland. My most traumatic memory is trying to get the car moving after I stopped it on a hill... I kept stalling the engine...I was so embarrassed!

Living like the locals can be very traumatic as my experience shows but it’s also a tremendous opportunity for personal growth.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
      I had never driven with a manual transmission..
      ah
      Like a woman?

Comment

Yes! After telling you and Sancta Lux about my terrible experiences in Euro shitholes, I remembered that my Opel Corsa had NO POWER STEERING and a manual transmission, not to mention a puny 1,2 litre 4-cylinder engine. I had never driven with a manual transmission...imagine me with such an underpowered car in Switzerland. My most traumatic memory is trying to get the car moving after I stopped it on a hill... I kept stalling the engine...I was so embarrassed!

Living like the locals can be very traumatic as my experience shows but it’s also a tremendous opportunity for personal growth.

My girl has also bigger balls than you, because she would be able to drive this car without any problems. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by grgur

ah
          Like a woman?

My girl has also bigger balls than you, because she would be able to drive this car without any problems. LOL
          No, no...in those days, my car back home was a Ford Thunderbird with a big V8, power steering and automatic transmission. In North America at the time, we were not accustomed to Third World cars with tiny engines, no power steering and poor-man transmissions you had to shift yourself. It was quite a shock to me when I first got into that Opel...it was like going back 50 years in progress and technology.

Today, I appreciate my experience with your European backwards technology because when I rented a car in Costa Rica two years ago* it was just like my old Opel...I had no trouble driving it!

*Daihatsu Terios

Comment

No, no...in those days, my car back home was a Ford Thunderbird with a big V8, power steering and automatic transmission. In North America at the time, we were not accustomed to Third World cars with tiny engines, no power steering and poor-man transmissions you had to shift yourself. It was quite a shock to me when I first got into that Opel...it was like going back 50 years in progress and technology.

Today, I appreciate my experience with your European backwards technology because when I rented a car in Costa Rica two years ago* it was just like my old Opel...I had no trouble driving it!

*Daihatsu Terios
            So why did you rent such a 'cleaning maid' car?
            Next time if you're visiting EU don't be the poor food stamp burger and rent a proper car like Mercedes, Audi or BMW.
            Last edited by Hades91x; 04-17-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

so.. go to work and earn lot of money for a study in UK or USA.
              Indeed. So simple, why everyone goes on stupid outdated and most importantly free online platforms to study English when they can earn a lot of money and study in the UK or the USA.
              You Hades are genius. ^^ Brb packing luggage.

Comment

So why did you rent such a 'cleaning maid' car?
                Next time if you're visiting EU don't be the poor food stamp burger and rent a proper car like Mercedes, Audi or BMW.
                The Daihatsu was different from any car we have, so that’s why I rented it. I like to try different vehicles when I’m in a bizarre country.

Sorry, but I would never rent a Mercedes, Audi or BMW. We have those here. I’d like to rent a Citroën or a Peugeot on my next trip to Europe.

As for our student Eryolcu, he could do volunteer work in Ghana for one year. No pay, but he would have a place to live and food to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Goathika View Post
                  Indeed. So simple, why everyone goes on stupid outdated and most importantly free online platforms to study English when they can earn a lot of money and study in the UK or the USA.
                  You Hades are genius. ^^ Brb packing luggage.
                  My subliminal sarcasm is justified in OP's case.

Comment

*Daihatsu Terios
                    so, like a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post

so, like a woman?
                      Women here drive trucks & trains, ships and planes. They work on construction sites, are police officers and engineers. Women are also doctors, lawyers, judges, politicians and ...whatever they want to be.

Comment

Thanks guys for answers.

Comment

but please one with manual gear shift.
                          Automatics are for those who can't drive and don't know how to really use the power of the engine efficiently.

I actually do drive an automatic car - but it is not very popular here. And it does not come as a surprise when you have witnessed how Americans join the Interstate highway. They don't accelerate in the slightest. Crazy.

PS: avoid Ford or Chevrolet. There are good reasons why they are not popular in Europe. We have had two Fords in our life, they were both shitty cars. As same as often broken like Fiats - which are the lower end of quality in Europe.
                          Last edited by Suna123; 04-17-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

but please one with manual gear shift.
                            Automatics are for those who can't drive and don't know how to really use the power of the engine efficiently.

I actually do drive an automatic car - but it is not very popular here. And it does not come as a surprise when you have witnessed how Americans join the Interstate highway. They don't accelerate in the slightest. Crazy.

PS: avoid Ford or Chevrolet. There are good reasons why they are not popular in Europe. We have had two Fords in our life, they were both shitty cars. As same as often broken like Fiats - which are the lower end of quality in Europe.
                            Actually, automatic transmissions are the better performing transmissions now and are increasingly being used in very expensive sports cars. As for reliability, the most reliable cars are made by the Toyota Group (Toyota, Lexus, Daihatsu) and by Honda (Honda, Acura). I wouldn’t buy anything else now. German cars have below average-to-average reliability here, similar to American cars. Porsche is the exception with Toyota-like reliability.

And, yes, Americans have a peculiar driving style.

Comment

Actually, automatic transmissions are the better performing transmissions now and are increasingly being used in very expensive sports cars. As for reliability, the most reliable cars are made by the Toyota Group (Toyota, Lexus, Daihatsu) and by Honda (Honda, Acura). I wouldn’t buy anything else now. German cars have below average-to-average reliability here, similar to American cars. Porsche is the exception with Toyota-like reliability.

And, yes, Americans have a peculiar driving style.
                              There is difference in automatic transmission, most cars have hydrodynamic clutch and it has a certain slippage under higher load. 90% of automatic transmission car have this type of clutch.
                              It's inefficient and increases fuel consumption.
                              Supers sport cars and higher priced limousines have a conventional mechanical clutch with a torque converter (small hydrodynamic clutch) that controls the mechanical torque transmission.
                              There is no slippage under higher load, similar like with manual transmission. Most cars with paddle shifters on steering wheel have such automatic transmission some sport cars have even a clutch pedal for manual driving as option.
                              My ex-boss had an Audi A8 RS and I had the pleasure to drive his alcoholic butt often with this car. This type of automatic transmission feels much different than this one where the oil transmits the torque the entire time.

Comment

There is difference in automatic transmission, most cars have hydrodynamic clutch and it has a certain slippage under higher load. 90% of automatic transmission car have this type of clutch.
                                It's inefficient and increases fuel consumption.
                                Supers sport cars and higher priced limousines have a conventional mechanical clutch with a torque converter (small hydrodynamic clutch) that controls the mechanical torque transmission.
                                There is no slippage under higher load, similar like with manual transmission. Most cars with paddle shifters on steering wheel have such automatic transmission some sport cars have even a clutch pedal for manual driving as option.
                                My ex-boss had an Audi A8 RS and I had the pleasure to drive his alcoholic butt often with this car. This type of automatic transmission feels much different than this one where the oil transmits the torque the entire time.
                                Thanks, I didn’t know all that. I drove a car with a paddle shifter a few years back and didn’t like it. It was a sports car and I’ve even forgotten what it was, which goes to show you how much it left me unimpressed. I prefer the usual stick shift with a clutch on a sports car.

As for efficiency, I’m not really concerned with that. The advantage of an automatic transmission in stop-and-go traffic is worth the extra fuel spent. My next car will probably be an electric...no transmission to shift, high torque and no pollution!

Comment

Working...
                                X