No announcement yet.

do you get support for depression here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you get support for depression here?

Would you recommend Interpals for people to get support for their depression? Have you helped a friend who was depress here? Have they helped you?

I mean maybe you did not even come here specifically to get help for depression but during the course of wanting to learn about language and culture did it help you with feeling good about your life? did you make friends you were able to confide to?

This is not the place to get help for a medical or psychological problem

Comment

Agree with the opinion above. This site is for communication, it has no medical purposes. Maybe it will sound cruel but I personally avoid depressed individuals because I want positivity in my life and I'm not a doctor so I don't give advice about depression. Of course, bad days can happen to anyone and friends might share both sad and happy moments but depression is smth different than just a bad mood.

Comment

I block those people. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Comment

Lol, this place can sabotage mental health even of strongest ones.

Comment

not getting support directly, but by hearing other people stories we might be enlightened if others also experienced miseries, possibily much worse than ours.
            e.g. you just got fired for xxx times, and then you meet people who also has no job but with kids and debts.
            you absolutely will lose appetite to talk about your misery with them since their calamity is bigger than yours, so much bigger that makes you even feel guilty to block them.
            i experienced this at early days i joined interpals. that's why i never block peoples. besides they never disturb me either.
            of course mine is different to female accounts who get assaulted by ton of messages. they certainly use different approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Goathika View Post
              I block those people. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
              you block all people )))

Comment

Don't listen to all these cucks above. Some of us are here to listen and help. The most important thing you can do is not keep things in. If you feel the community around you will judge you and you don't have anywhere you can turn to , including your nearest therapist, then don't be afraid to reach out in the forums. You will get one or two people that will be there for you. Remember not to keep things in

Comment

Originally posted by 7_up View Post
                  Don't listen to all these cucks above. Some of us are here to listen and help. The most important thing you can do is not keep things in. If you feel the community around you will judge you and you don't have anywhere you can turn to , including your nearest therapist, then don't be afraid to reach out in the forums. You will get one or two people that will be there for you. Remember not to keep things in
                  Good michael..thumb up for you

Comment

Some people are nice and some are willing to listen. A minority are mentally twisted and enjoy putting others down. If you can avoid taking this minority to heart, then it could be OK...

Comment

Originally posted by electric_glide View Post
                      Would you recommend Interpals for people to get support for their depression? Have you helped a friend who was depress here? Have they helped you?

I mean maybe you did not even come here specifically to get help for depression but during the course of wanting to learn about language and culture did it help you with feeling good about your life? did you make friends you were able to confide to?
                      Personally, I hope people doesn't come here specifically to get help for depression because this site is used as a friendship/language/culture site, not a medical nor professional mental help site. If you want help for depression, my best advice would be to seek out a professional about this.

Comment

No one's a cuck just because they don't want to help fixing people's depressions or listen to their mental problems.
                        If you are here to listen to people's problems and help them then fine, good for you.
                        I am here to learn languages and about new cultures, and I don't give a shit about other people's mental problems, psychologists exist for that.
                        And they are able to give far better help than the majority on this forum, as they are professionals who work with this every day.
                        It might cost money, but what is more important? Your money or your mental state?

Comment

Depression is a medical condition, you should consult a Doctor to get a referral to a Psychiatrist that specializes in this area of medicine.

It's easily treated so don't suffer in silence, see a medical professional who will get you back on track in two to three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
                            Depression is a medical condition, you should consult a Doctor to get a referral to a Psychiatrist that specializes in this area of medicine.

It's easily treated so don't suffer in silence, see a medical professional who will get you back on track in two to three weeks.
                            I was in depression but not so bad at that time, for me having friends to talk is a bit help to against or may be i am strong enough to suffer at that time

Comment

Depression has many reasons. On of my exes gained 10 kg after pregnancy, got slightly depressed and I helped her to lose it with low carb diet and consequent training. You can be a help in such cases as friend or partner. On the other hand "No good deed goes unpunished" and we drifted away of each other, because of unfounded disloyalty accusations.

The other type are maniac-depressive people in emotional roller coaster. Sometimes they are euphoric without a reason then they are pissed and stress because they fill depressed.
                              You can't help such people. Maybe a psychologist does, but it's not my job and I don't get paid for it. Especially if you're the main target of cynical euphoria and aggressive depression. Such people are sometimes so pissed that they want beat random people on the street because they look on them for too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X