do you get support for depression here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric_glide
    started a topic do you get support for depression here?

do you get support for depression here?

Would you recommend Interpals for people to get support for their depression? Have you helped a friend who was depress here? Have they helped you?

I mean maybe you did not even come here specifically to get help for depression but during the course of wanting to learn about language and culture did it help you with feeling good about your life? did you make friends you were able to confide to?

• RogerCarmel
    replied
    Originally posted by 7_up View Post

... some people find it easy to open up online because they won't feel judged as compared to sharing it in person. What I've also realized is some users here on forums are also going through some form of mental illness , hence they tend to take it out on other users. I've helped quite a few users here on the forums over the years...

Leave a comment:

• 7_up
    replied
    You are a benevolent person Tom don't transmute. Your cull of words are deep too. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Goosequillian
    replied

some people find it easy to open up online because they won't feel judged as compared to sharing it in person.

I've also realized is some users here on forums are also going through some form of mental illness , hence they tend to take it out on other users. I've helped quite a few users here on the forums over the years.
    God bless you for that. Doing so must have taken a lot of your effort and valuable time, both of which I cannot afford, sadly. I am also aware of this kind of issue on here, but it is quite heart-warming to see that there are a few neighbourly and kind people on here to bring others to succour. Just for the record, I have embarked on something similar before. It happened in my salad days on a website called seven cup of tea or suchlike. I cannot remember the exact name off the top of my head. Initially, it felt great to contribute to the betterment of people's feelings. Be that as it may, over time more and more self-opinionated snowflakes had accumulated, who instead of thanking or appreciating me for listening, decided to criticise everything in a most nit-picking way, e.g. blackmailing me to be faster and spend more time with them, or else they would leave bad feed backs. The long and the short of it is that my endeavours became too ridiculous in the end.

Gone are the days when the word penpal had a meaning. Cheers!
    Alongst with many other meaningful things, but I shan't gild the lily.
    Last edited by Goosequillian; 06-17-2019, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 7_up
    replied
    Originally posted by RRicho View Post
    Professional help first plus a friend that will sit and listen to you in support .... I said listen not give advise, I doubt the usefulness of an open forum for this medical condition evidenced by this thread. Find a friend or family member that understands the implications of depression that's prepared to support you through the treatment period.
    Very true Richo. However, some people find it easy to open up online because they won't feel judged as compared to sharing it in person. What I've also realized is some users here on forums are also going through some form of mental illness , hence they tend to take it out on other users. I've helped quite a few users here on the forums over the years. It's very unorthodox and not every member in the forums has time to listen to other peoples problems but personally I do recommend this place to be the last option for some people needing a friend to talk to. Gone are the days when the word penpal had a meaning. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    Professional help first plus a friend that will sit and listen to you in support .... I said listen not give advise, I doubt the usefulness of an open forum for this medical condition evidenced by this thread. Find a friend or family member that understands the implications of depression that's prepared to support you through the treatment period.
    Yes, sure, professional help plus support from friends and family would be the best combination for the depressed. In general, friends and family giving support is very important in everyone's life, be them depressed or just experiencing some trouble or just when life goes on as usually.

Of course, people can make friends online too whom they can chat and share things with too but as for the site itself, it won't help for sure, moreover, it is best to never share any personal details with strangers online and, personally, I would support a friend, a family member if they were depressed but I always avoid depressed strangers online or in real.

Leave a comment:

• RogerCarmel
    replied
    Originally posted by sun-of-a-beach View Post
    the more time i spend on interpals the more depressed i get
    Need someone to talk to?

Leave a comment:

• sun-of-a-beach
    replied
    the more time i spend on interpals the more depressed i get

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Originally posted by Etsia View Post

To get back exactly on track, the OP asked if one can get support for depression here and my personal answer would be no. One can find pen pals, communicate, share cultures, good and sad moments in life but as depression is a serious condition, only professionals can help properly.

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    Originally posted by Goosequillian View Post

So as to get back on track, what do you reckon is the commonest cause these days for one to fall into depression?
    To get back exactly on track, the OP asked if one can get support for depression here and my personal answer would be no. One can find pen pals, communicate, share cultures, good and sad moments in life but as depression is a serious condition, only professionals can help properly.

Leave a comment:

• Goosequillian
    replied
    The topic was related to depression I believe ..... back on topic please.
    Sadly, the amount of toxicity above per se is quite... depressing.

Depression is a medical condition, you should consult a Doctor to get a referral to a Psychiatrist that specializes in this area of medicine.

It's easily treated so don't suffer in silence, see a medical professional who will get you back on track in two to three weeks.
    So as to get back on track, what do you reckon is the commonest cause these days for one to fall into depression?

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    The topic was related to depression I believe ..... back on topic please.

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied

And I remember your disgusting words as well. Isn't it funny how one puts a finger in every pie except her very own? Well, I understand why you do not like yours. It sort of reeks... of hypocrisy.
    Oh, really? I guess everyone who saw how you acted with the girl you've started discussiong with again will never forget your exceptionally repulsive remarks and cheap insults so if I were you, I'd put this fake chivalry of a failed knight aside.

Now, now. There is no need to be green with envy and replete with so much hatred just because some people actually enjoy pursuing their ambitions.Your reaction clearly proves that you are a sad, aimless hell-cat.

I find it extremely amusing that my unique interests, alongst with the four languages I speak, truly bother you; otherwise, you would not have brought them up in such a malevolent and desperate way. Feel free to talk about how bitterly you want to dye your hair, and what kind of high-heel shoes will satisfy your poor needs, and how much you despise men for not having married you; however I full-heartedly apologise that these things are not quite my cup of tea, wenchie. You see, I have bigger fish to fry.
    There's no point to pretend about great needs, uniqueness and bigger fish to fry because those who know you on here know about your attempts to sell your unique lessons of Old English to the gullible

If you speak of marriage, failed knight, I'd comment on it too - I doubt you've found your princess so this must be the reason of your despising women for having run away from you. OK, waiting for another round, good to see you're slowly showing your real face again....Just, please, do not ask me to take care of your account any more as I'd report you again and don't shove your lessons of the dead language because I've been learning through corresponding with those who speak contemporary English. Ha, bet you've come back as no one wishes to listen to you even for free, let alone paying money

Leave a comment:

• Goosequillian
    replied

I remember how this character attacked you and others in a very disgusting way and realized that most of the time attention seekers look for imaginary enemies everywhere
    And I remember your disgusting words as well. Isn't it funny how one puts a finger in every pie except her very own? Well, I understand why you do not like yours. It sort of reeks... of hypocrisy.

they try to shove the lessons of dead Middle English down people's throat looking for the gullible idiots to open up their wallets Now, let us wait for more epithets from Old or Middle English to describe all the terrible attackers on here....
    Now, now. There is no need to be green with envy and replete with so much hatred just because some people actually enjoy pursuing their ambitions.Your reaction clearly proves that you are a sad, aimless hell-cat.

I find it extremely amusing that my unique interests, alongst with the four languages I speak, truly bother you; otherwise, you would not have brought them up in such a malevolent and desperate way. Feel free to talk about how bitterly you want to dye your hair, and what kind of high-heel shoes will satisfy your poor needs, and how much you despise men for not having married you; however I full-heartedly apologise that these things are not quite my cup of tea, wenchie. You see, I have bigger fish to fry.

Leave a comment:

• Goosequillian
    replied
    Originally posted by VandalValo View Post

I have no problems with you writing in your native language (I even admire your aptitude in belletristics). I rather have problems with you behaving like you're d'Artagnan and everyone else is a faggot.

I am not the one who began to spark this argy-bargy; the perpetrator can be read right above. Therefore, this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Incidentally, I am not hungry, cheers. But that should not hinder you from making some juicy faggots. Don't forget the gravy though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X