Travelling/ reading ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling/ reading ?

Which is the better: travelling or reading books to broaden your mind?

Education, good parents, friends, an environment that stimulates curiosity as well as reading and outings are important in a child’s development.

Even with all the above - or little of it - some children will turn into miserable adults and others into well-rounded people. Even children within the same family, so the character you’re born with also has an influence on how you perceive the world around you.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
      Education, good parents, friends, an environment that stimulates curiosity as well as reading and outings are important in a child’s development.

Even with all the above - or little of it - some children will turn into miserable adults and others into well-rounded people. Even children within the same family, so the character you’re born with also has an influence on how you perceive the world around you.

Comment

neither both of them. imo
        only when you step out of your circle, just then you can broaden mind.
        e.g. if you go travelling with your best friends, family, or your group. it makes no difference from not travelling at all. so does with travelling alone.
        but if you step out of your social circle and get involved with let's say rich peoples, poor peoples, orphanages, beggars, etc, you will broaden your mind eventhough you don't go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by green3apple View Post
          e.g. if you go travelling with your best friends, family, or your group. it makes no difference from not travelling at all. so does with travelling alone.
          but if you step out of your social circle and get involved with let's say rich peoples, poor peoples, orphanages, beggars, etc, you will broaden your mind eventhough you don't go anywhere.
          That makes sense. I saw a totally different side of humanity when I worked with prisoners. They were all locked up and going nowhere... Others I helped reintegrate society after lengthy sentences.

Comment

Travelling should be purposeful , imo. Speaking of adults, curiosity is the key. I have met people who have seen half of the world, but their focus was narrow, like, clubbing, shopping, trying new food. I personally prefer to learn everything about the place before I go there and see it with my own eyes. So, both are equally important. But if you don't have money to travel, internet is a great tool to broaden your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Goathika View Post
              Travelling should be purposeful , imo. Speaking of adults, curiosity is the key. I have met people who have seen half of the world, but their focus was narrow, like, clubbing, shopping, trying new food. I personally prefer to learn everything about the place before I go there and see it with my own eyes. So, both are equally important. But if you don't have money to travel, internet is a great tool to broaden your mind.
              travelling to find purpose and purposeful travelling have huge differences. the keyword is usefull. all i can think about purposeful travelling is business travelling only.
              ah yeah, meeting LDR counts too.

Comment

travelling to find purpose and purposeful travelling have huge differences. the keyword is usefull. all i can think about purposeful travelling is business travelling only.
                ah yeah, meeting LDR counts too.
                That's not how I see it. Business travelling is a business trip that may or may not include discovering the place (like I often travel, have meetings at the airport and fly back). As a person who likes planning everything, I carefully plan what I want to see in a new place, and, therefore, I do my investigation in advance. Perhaps some people travel with no plan and find what to do, but it's not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goathika View Post
                  That's not how I see it. Business travelling is a business trip that may or may not include discovering the place (like I often travel, have meetings at the airport and fly back). As a person who likes planning everything, I carefully plan what I want to see in a new place, and, therefore, I do my investigation in advance. Perhaps some people travel with no plan and find what to do, but it's not me.
                  i agree if the context is journey to the center of the earth, many places have yet to be discovered indeed. i choose not to fly back right away if it's not my working hours.

Comment

Both are important. It is always very exciting to get to know new places through traveling and seeing things and experiencing something new. It is sure more exciting than just reading about one place or another even if it is an interesting activity too.

Comment

Disagree. Traveling as such broaden one's horizon too. If you stay with certain groups, you just get to know about those groups more but it is more interesting to see a new place while doing sightseeing and get to know local people, food, traditions, etc..

Comment

I can't choose between travelling and reading because these both are broaden my mind I can't imagine my life without it
                        Last edited by Selena_Smith; 06-21-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selena_Smith View Post
                          I can't choose between travelling and reading because these both are broaden my mind I can't imagine my life without it
                          Then read books about travel! Lonely Planet, the Michelin guides and others - including the wikitravel website - all make for interesting reading and daydreaming about faraway places...

Comment

When travelling, one has plenty of time to read books in transit.
                            Come to think of it, long plane and train rides might be my most productive reading hours.

Comment

Ipreper travelling you will learn by yourself

Comment

Working...
                              X