• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaide Azam.
    Allama Iqbal.

Comment

• Comment

• More heroes & heroines are completely unknown rather than known. How many names of female heroic figures do we know about compared to male ones? Disciples of Jesus? Philosophers? Emperors? Military leaders? Does this mean that such unknown heroines did not exist?

When I was educated (in Australia), all the early English-Australian figureheads were depicted to be as lofty as Saints. Most people now realise that many of them weren't so likeable perhaps. There would be many great Australian heroes who were/are Aboriginal whom wouldn't get a mention in English.

I am, nonetheless, a proud Australian.

Comment

• Erwin Rommel, Sir Oswald Mosley, Antonescu and the list could go on and on, but this are the heroes for me at least x
          Last edited by Antzzk; 01-05-2019, 12:10 AM. Reason: autism

Comment

• During the defensive operations of the Soviet Union in 1941, the crew of a single KV-1 heavy tank commanded by Zinovy Kolobanov occupied the position near Gatchina(not far from Saint Petersburg). Then the German armored forces appeared. Zinovy and his crew destroyed 22 German tanks, many infantry units and field guns. It was very risky because of incoming German reinforcements equipped with powerful flak guns. But those courageous men didn't retreat. German tanks just couldn't penetrate the front armor of KV-1, that's why Kolobanov achieved such a result. As for me, the Russian civilian, he's the true example of bravery and heroism

Comment

• Soekarno, first president of Indonesa

Comment

• Mary Ann McCracken a strong campaigner ????

Comment

• Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un.

Comment

• Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
                    Jim Beam
                    Evan Williams
                    Jack Daniels
                    Johnnie Walker
                    Something wrong here. The EQ asked about national heroes. JW is the old one out as the original distillery has just been reopened at Annan on the Scottish Borders. But they're no longer using his name as their brand coz it's been sold to the Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BryanBoru View Post
                      Ireland - St Patrick James Joyce Brian Boru Bono and......Arthur Guiness of Guiness fame
                      Plus playwrite and Nobel prize winner Seamus Heaney https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2573636/
                      Last edited by look4swissmiss; 03-26-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machlud View Post
                        England-Hmm? Maybe--No! Perhaps him--No! Her---No! Tommy--Nah! Sorry Folks!!
                        Remember who did they rolled out for the start London 2012? Sir Tim Berners-Lee; Mike Oldfield and the Spice Girls.

These daystar heroes are all women: Victoria Coren Mitchell, Tammy Beaumont and Tessa Sanderson (who once gave me a big hug)

Comment

• Originally posted by look4swissmiss View Post

Something wrong here. The EQ asked about national heroes. JW is the old one out as the original distillery has just been reopened at Annan on the Scottish Borders. But they're no longer using his name as their brand coz it's been sold to the Americans.
                          Jonnie Walker decided to emigrate to the USA before Brexit came to pass...?

Comment

• Originally posted by look4swissmiss View Post

Plus playwrite and Nobel prize winner Seamus Heaney https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2573636/
                            I'm quite confidant St. Patrick was from Scotland

Comment

• Originally posted by grgur View Post

I'm quite confidant St. Patrick was from Scotland
                              Don't be St Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland...

Comment

• President Mao Zedong, President Deng Xiaoping and President Zhou Enlai, they are crucial persons for the foundation of and development of People's Republic of China (PRC).

Comment

Working...
                                X