Your country's national heroes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mishanya1980
    started a topic Your country's national heroes?

Your country's national heroes?

Please, tell me about the national heroes highly respected in your country. Or maybe you can tell about somebody who is not so famous, but still deserving to be called a national hero?
    Last edited by mishanya1980; 03-10-2016, 03:07 AM.

• Antzzk
    replied
    Erwin Rommel, Sir Oswald Mosley, Antonescu and the list could go on and on, but this are the heroes for me at least x
    Last edited by Antzzk; 01-05-2019, 12:10 AM. Reason: autism

Leave a comment:

• Saumo
    replied
    More heroes & heroines are completely unknown rather than known. How many names of female heroic figures do we know about compared to male ones? Disciples of Jesus? Philosophers? Emperors? Military leaders? Does this mean that such unknown heroines did not exist?

When I was educated (in Australia), all the early English-Australian figureheads were depicted to be as lofty as Saints. Most people now realise that many of them weren't so likeable perhaps. There would be many great Australian heroes who were/are Aboriginal whom wouldn't get a mention in English.

I am, nonetheless, a proud Australian.

Leave a comment:

• Kebab_Defender
    replied
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Founder of Modern Republic of Turkey and our big leader)

Leave a comment:

• usernameapp
    replied
    Quaide Azam.
    Allama Iqbal.

Leave a comment:

• DoomCupcake
    replied
    Gavrilo Princip

*ducks to avoid bullet*

Leave a comment:

• artemxsz
    replied
    definitely ned kelly for australia, it's in our convict blood to love the criminals lmfao.... but i'd say also eddie mabo for his efforts in achieving indigneous land rights

Leave a comment:

• danicamay
    replied
    Jose rizal

Leave a comment:

• StacyAG
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin

Leave a comment:

• BryanBoru
    replied
    St Patrick, Brian Boru, Strongbow, James Joyce and Constance Markievicz

Leave a comment:

• Machlud
    replied
    England-Hmm? Maybe--No! Perhaps him--No! Her---No! Tommy--Nah! Sorry Folks!!

Leave a comment:

• BryanBoru
    replied
    Ireland - St Patrick James Joyce Brian Boru Bono and......Arthur Guiness of Guiness fame

Leave a comment:

• Sancta_Lux
    replied
    Originally posted by eslamyehia View Post

I wonder how to mention a criminal in your list !!
    Surely I mean Napoleon
    Napoléon brought your past back, you didn't even know Egyptians had a glorious past before he came with his army. You at least own him that (or, to be precise, the scientifics he brought with him).

By the way, the campaign in Egypt wasn't due to Napoléon but to the Republic (precisely, the Directoire), he has got the power later. But I forgot that Egyptians don't exist anymore, since they had been replaced with Arabs, far less criminal for sure

Ps : And of course Napoléon is a hero for France, he has saved the Revolution there.
    Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 08-27-2018, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RogerCarmel
    replied
    Jim Beam
    Evan Williams
    Jack Daniels
    Johnnie Walker

Leave a comment:

• Suna123
    replied
    Originally posted by eslamyehia View Post
    I wonder how to mention a criminal in your list !!
    Surely I mean Napoleon
    Interesting that you critisize Napoleon but not Suleyman the Magnificient
    Ein Schelm wer böses dabei denkt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X