Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottoman empire

Comment

• Hahahaha i see many paranoid stuff written in here about Alexander the Great the Greatest HELLEN of all the times...Well guys from this new created state called Macedonia you must decide what you are finaly...You cant be both Slavs and Macedonians it doesnt make sense ! I will not bring the conversation into deeper stuff...just a simple fact ! Alexander the Great lived 3 centuries BEFORE Christ ! Slavic people came to Balkan peninsula at the 6th century AFTER Christ ! End of story ! Also the language that Alexander used for talk and write was the Greek language these are proven facts no need to mention them already...i dont know but your language sounds much Slavic to me hahah First you should make clear to your selves what you really are and then announce it to world ! Greek History+Slavic people= FYROM....even stones laugh with what you say

Comment

• Macedonia is a Slavic country. Alexander was neither Greek nor Slavic, but it doesn't mean he's not a part of the history of Macedonia.

Comment

• Alexander was Greek you like or not...here we talk about historical facts not our personal opinion...people that do not know about the matter shouldnt comment
          Last edited by EagleOfEmpire; 12-07-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleOfEmpire View Post
            Alexander was Greek you like or not...here we talk about historical facts not our personal opinion...people that do not know about the matter shouldnt comment

Ancient Macedonians are biologically of R1b-L23 origin but most of modern greeks are of Y-DNA: J2(Achaemenid/Semitic) and E-V13(Proto-African=Illyrian) origin
            Another known, R1b-L23 tribes were steppe-nomads and Ancient Macedonians(Alexander the Great's people) are also known as semi-nomadic
            Ancient R1b-L23 migrations from here: http://link.tl/TEkh

And a surprise, Y-DNA R1b-L23 is high among steppe-nomadic Turkic tribes, also among Middle Easterners(spread by Turkic tribes), even a minority in modern greece but the modern greeks with Y-DNA R1b-L23 are Slavic speaker Macedonians in greece and also from those greeks who've been migrated to modern greece from Pontic Trebizond/Turkia during Turkish-greek population exchange.
            Result: Turkic Cumans and Khazars with Y-DNA R1b-L23 haplogroups are descended from Alexander the Great's tribes from Macedonian empire
            Turkic Cuman cavalry: http://link.tl/TEks
            Mask in ancient greece(high possibility, an Ancient Macedonian culture): http://link.tl/TEkw

Cuman Turks known as blonde blue-eyed(closer to aqua) people: http://link.tl/TEkk

Source: http://www.eupedia.com scientific informing about Y-DNA genealogy researches
            Last edited by CaymanWolvon; 12-08-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleOfEmpire View Post
              Alexander was Greek you like or not...here we talk about historical facts not our personal opinion...people that do not know about the matter shouldnt comment
              Alexander was Macedonian, which was regarded a separate barbaric people by the contemporary Greeks themselves. They did not have a common language or culture, or as Clement of Alexandria quoted contemporary sophist Thrasymachus: "Shall we be slaves to Archelaus - Greeks to a Barbarian?" (Archelaus was the King of Macedon before the Macedonians conquered Greece).

Comment

• the Ottoman Empire always number one

Comment

• Roman empire was the greatest empire of all times. If roman empire wouldn't fail through decadent elites and monotheistic Christianity, the dark ages in Europa would probably never appear. Those 1000 years of scientific stagnation, are responsible for 1000 years delay in development.
                  Perhaps, without Christianity we would be able to interstellar travels already and colonization of exoplanets, who knows?
                  How a rigorous religion brings a culture backwards, can we see at middle east countries at the moment.

Comment

• Funny how everyone mentions the empire that most relates to their own current society, with a lot pulling for the Roman empire. The USSR could be ruled out related to not lasting so long but that was a great 50 years or so. Not much love for the Aztec or Maya either.

Looking back things could get a bit brutal whenever a power hungry central society decided to take over neighboring countries, so it seems possible to make a case that Empires in general weren't so great.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lauri- View Post
                      Sophist Thrasymachus: "Shall we be slaves to Archelaus - g(ay)reeks to a Barbarian?" (Archelaus was the King of Macedon before the Macedonians conquered Greece).
                      Expected answer: Yes homosexuality that exist among ancient greek states, is the ruin of civilization.. homosexuality is the key for finishing the civilization, clearly a barbarism.
                      Also read it.
                      http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/h...t-has-touched/
                      So the ancient greeks were homosexual, that just shows so-called "greek civilization" doesn't actually exist, and if you've not got any civilization, that's barbarism.
                      Last edited by CaymanWolvon; 12-13-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• I do not think the Ottoman Empire was the greatest empire. However, I think it is up there next to Rome. Definitely not Byzantium, I feel that it wasn't as big as others. The Portugues Empire I would say could have been 'big' but they really failed to control the Indian ocean, and Brazil was not really 'developed' until later as they did not see it as their main priority. The Hellenic Empire definitely spread Western culture, but it didn't really last. For some time, I would say the Song dynasty was the 'greatest' especially in relation to the rest of the world. But the Roman Empire has changed history to such a great extent that I am tempted to call it the 'greatest' empire.

Comment

• British and Roman empires definitely. They've both had the greatest and generally most positive affects on the world.

Comment

• Russian empire then ussr

Comment

• I think it's ridiculous to argue which skull is bigger or better . The greatest empire will be the one that will not self-destruct in a few centuries period .

Comment

• Define "great".

The Roman Empire is probably the one who left the most important legacy in human History.

Comment

Working...
                                X