Korea - Türkiye brotherhood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korea - Türkiye brotherhood?

I'm a South Korean living in Seoul, and since when I was young pretty often I've heard people saying Turkey is our brother country.
    I think this is very cool but when I wanted to know why nobody knew exactly why.
    I wonder if Turkish people notice this too, and I'd love to find out some more background about this friendliness between the two countries?
    Last edited by parkme; 01-10-2017, 07:05 AM.

Didn't they take part in korean war with a significant number of troops?
    Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Many of turkish army was positioned in the 1950 in korea. south korean have an old friendship cause they fought with em against chinese invaders. also turk and korea think they are connected with mongolian ancestors.

Comment

Originally posted by parkme View Post
        I'm a South Korean living in Seoul, and since when I was young pretty often I've heard people saying Turkey is our brother country.
        I think this is very cool but when I wanted to know why nobody knew exactly why.
        I wonder if Turkish people notice this too, and I'd love to find out some more background about this friendliness between the two countries?
        I think friendship started with Korean War that Turkey sided in S. Korean side with 15 000 Turkish soldiers and maintained closer friendly relations more than military ones during the war : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Brigade

Friendship got more tense during 2002 World Cup and two nations started to know each other better and traveled to each other's countries.

Turkish and S. Korean politicans also have warmer relations

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28cgg01.jpg

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post
            They did. Australians were there in significant numbers also.

There's a story about Australian and Turkish troops were going to meet together to celebrate April 25th - ANZAC Day in 1951, but Chinese allied with North Koreans attacked in one of the most bitter battles on that day, and strategically important during the course of the Korean War - the Battle of Kapyong. A whole Chinese division attacked a couple of Australian batallions and were held off, thereby blunting the Chinese advance on Seoul:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kapyong

Comment

North - south war:/ we helped our brothers (south we will always help. Dont forget

Comment

Because turkey was involved in the korean war and protected southern korea so southern koreans generally love us. also 2002 world cup

Comment

Originally posted by Alicanbasaran View Post
                  North - south war:/ we helped our brothers (south we will always help. Dont forget
                  That's how brownnosing to the imperialist westerners is called these days? ))

Comment

That's how brownnosing to the imperialist westerners is called these days? ))

He talks about to help to "S.Korean people" , not imperialist westeners... Read again princess

Comment

Originally posted by ekinox View Post

He talks about to help to "S.Korean people" , not imperialist westeners... Read again princess
                      Doing what america says is what it was

Comment

I can testify to this; I have visited the UN cemetery in Pusan, SK, and a lot of the graves were Turkish soldiers. most of them were below 20 years old; such sad fate for young men to die at that age,

Comment

'Sound like Turks should be going to South Korea instead of Europe.

Comment

America did a lot more in the Korean war than Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by ma_wen View Post
                              Many of turkish army was positioned in the 1950 in korea. south korean have an old friendship cause they fought with em against chinese invaders. also turk and korea think they are connected with mongolian ancestors.
                              oh yeah,, that is why the very first ruins are "orhun kitabeleri" which includes Turk name several times in the heart of mongolia, that is why ancestors of turks are mongols!
                              i pitty you and people take history lessons with you

Comment

Working...
                              X