United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples

The United Nations Declarations on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples was realized by the United Nations General Assembly on the 13 September 2007, and because of this the world often views the document as new, cutting edge, a sign of progression; however, this is not entirely the case. According to the United Nations Division for Social Policy and Development of Indigenous Peoples “in 1982 the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) established the Working Group on Indigenous Populations (WGIP) with the mandate to develop a set of minimum standards that would protect [Indigenous Peoples]. This group sometime between 1982 and 1994 submitted the initial draft of what would become known as UNDRIP; however, concerns were raised and because of this in 1995 “an open-ended inter-sessional working group” was created. The 29 June 2006, marks the day that the United Nations Human Rights Council adopted the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples but as previously mentioned it was not officially adopted by the 144 of the world’s 196 states until the 13 September 2007. canada, however, was not one of the first 144 nation-states and did not sign onto the Declaration until almost a decade later in May 2016. Opinions? P.S. I don't capitalize canada as a way of recognizing that it is stolen land.

You won't get too many opinions on this because most people just don't care. The best thing would be assimilation, similar to what is happening with the Maori in New Zealand. I do realize that in Canada this isn't so easy because of the vast distances involved. It won't be quick, but it will happen.

Still, there is assimilation insofar as languages and day-to-day life is concerned. English is taking the place of traditional languages, the White man's customs, sports, food and video games have displaced most of the indiginous types.

I was in Kuujjuaraapik-Wapmagoostui a little while ago and was surprised to see a KFC and a Tim Horton's in town. And it seemed that most Cree and Inuit were fat from fried chicken and donuts. That's the absolute worst kind of assimilation.

On APTN, I watch a show entitled Niqitsiaq..it's a cooking show aimed at an Inuit audience but all the meals are White man's food. More assimilation.

So, you might as well embrace assimilation because it's coming anyway.

Comment

Generally, both parties get assimilated, the invaders/immigrants and the original inhabitants. Lots of historical examples. But of course a U.N. declaration doesn't mean anything, except as a feel good statement.
      I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavite View Post
        Generally, both parties get assimilated, the invaders/immigrants and the original inhabitants. Lots of historical examples. But of course a U.N. declaration doesn't mean anything, except as a feel good statement.
        Yes...there is "assimilation" of both parties but the weaker party is greatly influenced by the stronger. It's like the Sun: the sun and the planets all rotate around something called the barycenter. The barycenter is the center of mass of the whole system. The planets rotate millions of kilometers around the barycenter but the sun barely wobbles around it. It's like that with conquered peoples as well.

And you have it right: the UN declaration is nothing more than a feel good statement.

Comment

White pawns (puppies) of world imperialism and Zionism.
          Today the white pawns go to America?
          Last edited by dmitri11; 07-17-2017, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
            White pawns (puppies) of world imperialism and Zionism.
            Today the white pawns go to America?
            Jesus lived in zion by choice and therefore was a Zionist,perhaps you need a new " protocol "..

Comment

Dimitri needs an outlet for his hatred of Jews. Any subject will do!

Comment

The question is if white indigenous in Europa have the same rights according to this UNO declaration?

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post

Jesus lived in zion by choice and therefore was a Zionist,perhaps you need a new " protocol "..
                  or a new currency for perestroika #2

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                    The question is if white indigenous in Europa have the same rights according to this UNO declaration?
                    as the sovereign equality of nations
                    Last edited by dmitri11; 07-17-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

as the sovereign equality of nations
                      I've read the articles of this declaration and it's usable against foreigner culture what wants establish their destructive diaspora in my country. It's just a matter of interpretation. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X