Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was “Third Rome” ?

Hi
    There were many claims that Russian empire,Ottoman caliphate,the third Reich etc represent the Third Rome so which one was more of that claim ?

Oh , obviously the califate,,they have so much in common with rome,,Haahaahahaahh...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeesmith View Post
      Hi
      There were many claims that Russian empire,Ottoman caliphate,the third Reich etc represent the Third Rome so which one was more of that claim ?

It doesn't matter!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post
        Oh , obviously the califate,,they have so much in common with rome,,Haahaahahaahh...
        yeah, They had Constantinople as capital city.

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post

It doesn't matter!!
          It is interesting and it matters as historical point.

Comment

It is interesting and it matters as historical point.
            History doesn't matter---it's over!

Comment

First, what is the "second Rome"?... If you refer to Byzantine Empire, it's Rome, period.

As for a supposed "third Rome" (which would be the second) it would be the HRE because of its name,its influence all over Europe and more important : the restauration of the "Western Roman Empire" (which I would personally consider as a joke, but anyway).

yeah, They had Constantinople as capital city.
              So what? Papal states had Rome itself, was it Roman Empire? No. Plus once Ottomans took Byzantium, many of the brains from there ran away to Europe and started the Renaissance.
              Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 09-05-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

History doesn't matter---it's over!
                History obviously matter or, to be precise, SHOULD and MUST matter for people who are able to learn from the mistakes our ancestors made. Moreover, knowing history is important to know your own country and your own cultures/way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                  History obviously matter or, to be precise, SHOULD and MUST matter for people who are able to learn from the mistakes our ancestors made. Moreover, knowing history is important to know your own country and your own cultures/way of thinking.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is learned from History never has been and never will be, if it had this World would be a much different place!!!

Comment

Nothing, absolutely nothing is learned from History never has been and never will be, if it had this World would be a much different place!!!
                    That is very cynic of you. There are few things that had been learned from history and that is how our civilizations came to this point of evolution. Humans keep making some mistakes, but I'd rather think it comes, for some, from biology than history itself and learning from biology is actually extremely difficult or simply impossible.

Comment

That is very cynic of you. There are few things that had been learned from history and that is how our civilizations came to this point of evolution. Humans keep making some mistakes, but I'd rather think it comes, for some, from biology than history itself and learning from biology is actually extremely difficult or simply impossible.

I am not being cynical at all. I am just saying that we learn very little or nothing from history, or if we do we ignore it. For example:-- the early Egyptians had jugs that spilt not a drop of water when pouring, water was precious, yet I cannot buy a jug type kettle that does not dribble all over the place whilst I am pouring from it. Which part of that is learning from History?

Comment

I am not being cynical at all. I am just saying that we learn very little or nothing from history, or if we do we ignore it. For example:-- the early Egyptians had jugs that spilt not a drop of water when pouring, water was precious, yet I cannot buy a jug type kettle that does not dribble all over the place whilst I am pouring from it. Which part of that is learning from History?
                        Water is a local issue, look at UK and look at Egypt... There is absolutely no need to take so much care of water (except when it comes to pollution) in UK considering the amount of water you get there.
                        If you want to talk about the water, Europe finally got that they need to treat water to keep the populations (at the very least) safe and, therefore, we got many treatments plants.

Comment

Water is a local issue, look at UK and look at Egypt... There is absolutely no need to take so much care of water (except when it comes to pollution) in UK considering the amount of water you get there.
                          If you want to talk about the water, Europe finally got that they need to treat water to keep the populations (at the very least) safe and, therefore, we got many treatments plants.

I was not talking about the water you fool. I was talking about the JUG!!

Comment

I was not talking about the water you fool. I was talking about the JUG!!

As for the jugs, they might have skill instead, because I don't split a drop of water with mine except when I use it like a barbarian.

Comment

As for the jugs, they might have skill instead, because I don't split a drop of water with mine except when I use it like a barbarian.
                              Oh! Dear!............................................. ..........

Comment

Working...
                              X