No announcement yet.

Who was “Third Rome” ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard that the third Rome is considered to be Moscow by Russians.

Comment

If black man paint to white, it will be more Roman than turks.

Comment

Originally posted by Syrixiliana View Post
        It's right!
        But it is very difficult to explain this for morons, they just don't want to believe, when center of Western civilization has move to Eastern Europe, and their countries are plunged into chaos and debauchery.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSCOWALCOHOLIC View Post

It's right!
          But it is very difficult to explain this for morons, they just don't want to believe, when center of Western civilization has move to Eastern Europe, and their countries are plunged into chaos and debauchery.
          You think the centre of western civilization has moved to the east, when all the pundits of the right say it is "going south"....

Comment

Originally posted by Syrixiliana View Post
            Never heard of this... Actually, from where I am there is not even a "second Rome". Rome empire was Roman empire, period, West and East Roman Empire were "Rome" and Byzantine Empire was Rome, or, to be accurate, what remained of Rome.

All the others such as HRE, Carolingian empire or anything else are just people trying to get legitimacy basing themselves on Rome , like some claim that they are the "third Rome".

Finally, the only things we could describe as "second Rome" on here is Byzantium, as Constantine named the city "Second Rome/New Rome", but that's all...
            Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 01-08-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Well, if Moscow is the third Rome, then Helsinki if fourth, because the third Rome fell in 1917 and Helsinki remained as a separate part of it with former Russian general in charge - Mannerheim.

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyRoad View Post
                Well, if Moscow is the third Rome, then Helsinki if fourth, because the third Rome fell in 1917 and Helsinki remained as a separate part of it with former Russian general in charge - Mannerheim.

Comment

Working...
                X