Stealing Credit for Discoveries and Inventions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing Credit for Discoveries and Inventions

I've just been reading a very interesting article about the history of Syria.

Amongst many other things, what I had noticed is that huge numbers of inventions and ideas of the pre-Islamic peoples in Syria had been co-opted by Islamists as "Islamic inventions and discoveries":

https://www.wnd.com/2018/09/syria-wa...ims-ruined-it/

This brings up many interesting questions:

What other examples are there of nations and ideologies taking advances, inventions and discoveries of others and presenting them as "their own"?

What are some specific examples of advances, inventions and discoveries claimed by others where there is evidence of it having been done earlier?

If you read the EFF, you will see plenty of stupid patents.

That is the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
    Last edited by _loki; 11-08-2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _loki View Post
      If you read the EFF, you will see plenty of stupid patents.

That is the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
      There are heaps of them at the EFF.

https://www.eff.org/de/taxonomy/term/11344

However, when I OPed the thread, i was thinking over historical time scales - different countries and groups claiming discovery for things that have already existed over historical timescales rather than contemporary. This is why I OPed the thread in "History" rather than "Science and Technology".

Comment

I'm sure you are aware of this, but translations of older books sometimes include God even though Christianity wasn't a religion when the original book was written. It always struct me as odd in my reading. I'm sorry; I cant think of a specific book.

Comment

Originally posted by _loki View Post
          I'm sure you are aware of this, but translations of older books sometimes include God even though Christianity wasn't a religion when the original book was written. It always struct me as odd in my reading. I'm sorry; I cant think of a specific book.
          I don't understand you,,,do you think Christianity invented god or are the translators imposing the Christian god in the translations...
          One of the greatest credit thieves and misrepresenters was Ramses the great who by skullduggery took credit for half the buildings at Karnak..
          As for the OP and credit stealing I cannot think of anyone worse than islam although I will say that on cosmos last evening it was refreshing to note that De Grasse Tyson accredited the Indians with discoveries in mathematics and the arab / moslems with preserving them rather than burning them and it happened long before islam and continued under islam...There was a time when the arabs claimed the credit for the actual discoveries themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
            I've just been reading a very interesting article about the history of Syria.

Amongst many other things, what I had noticed is that huge numbers of inventions and ideas of the pre-Islamic peoples in Syria had been co-opted by Islamists as "Islamic inventions and discoveries":

https://www.wnd.com/2018/09/syria-wa...ims-ruined-it/

This brings up many interesting questions:

What other examples are there of nations and ideologies taking advances, inventions and discoveries of others and presenting them as "their own"?

What are some specific examples of advances, inventions and discoveries claimed by others where there is evidence of it having been done earlier?
            THat was I was more or less saying in a topic we were discussing months ago... Arabs were truly fascinating before Islam appeared, but nobody talk about them, it's always about Islamic Islam supposedly being "awesolme" while they obviously weren't as good as their ancestors...

As for Syria, the same can be written for sure,t he region was really impressive under the civilizations who lived there for centuries before Islam.

Else, Ottomans witht heir so called canon, they didn't invent anything as the Chineses did before them. Europe is not bad either during middle age or Renaissance but they mostly reinvented than stole credits imo (cf knowledge in astronomy, print technology...)
            Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 11-09-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

The only answer I can give for the article, people must leave their radical hater opinions especialy author of the article and must respect another one to be enlightened.
              To try to dispraise a religion by showing pictures from well-known usual civil wars is just an attempt to delude people also which is a satanic feature.
              Muslims are discoverer of: Algorithm, Algebra which also caused all modern inventions to be existed, is enough to prove how religion has nothing to do with it.
              But if you had said it for whole religions, I would say yes for those people who behave too bigot, call everything as sin to commit and prevent technology to spread.
              If the world becomes without religion, there won't be any justice among society, without religion you may be better about technology and everybody will behave wild and as Einstein explained the 4th world war, it would be by sticks and stones.

Till Century 18, there were bigot beliefs in Europe too; Galileo was about to be executed for saying "World is a sphere" against Church's saying "World is flat"

The time when Islam was born, Arabs have lived their strongest period under Umayyad Caliphate, which was also a racist state
              Last edited by CaymanWolvon; 11-11-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaymanWolvon View Post
                The only answer I can give for the article, people must leave their radical hater opinions especialy author of the article and must respect another one to be enlightened.
                To try to dispraise a religion by showing pictures from well-known usual civil wars is just an attempt to delude people also which is a satanic feature.
                Muslims are discoverer of: Algorithm, Algebra which also caused all modern inventions to be existed, is enough to prove how religion has nothing to do with it.
                But if you had said it for whole religions, I would say yes for those people who behave too bigot, call everything as sin to commit and prevent technology to spread.
                If the world becomes without religion, there won't be any justice among society, without religion you may be better about technology and everybody will behave wild and as Einstein explained the 4th world war, it would be by sticks and stones.

Till Century 18, there were bigot beliefs in Europe too; Galileo was about to be executed for saying "World is a sphere" against Church's saying "World is flat"

The time when Islam was born, Arabs have lived their strongest period under Umayyad Caliphate, which was also a racist state
                Moslems are the discoverer of algorithims algebra etc...
                I am sure this would be hotly disputed in the indian subcontinent,,however the first person to market it gives it its name ,hence the familiar Arabic AL..
                The concept of zero predates islam which strongly suggests that so too do algebra and algorithims (is that with a Y ?)
                Here moslemness is trying to pretend that Arabic culture,worshipping the moon god at the ka aba never happened,,,ooor the moslems simply superimposed islam on all the things they considered good and played down the rest...
                Pre Islamic arabs gathered knowledge from books and people wherever they could be found,then mohammet the moslem outlawed Arabic art and music so the brains of society pursued mathematics and medicine,,neither of which have music or graven images...
                Islam is a usurper,,first it usurped the ka aba,,then it usurped the jewish temple mount ,,then on to the church of the haggia Sophia turning them into mosques...
                Islam screwed the arabs and it screws everything it touches,,,especially minds ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post

Moslems are the discoverer of algorithims algebra etc...
                  I am sure this would be hotly disputed in the indian subcontinent,,however the first person to market it gives it its name ,hence the familiar Arabic AL..
                  The concept of zero predates islam which strongly suggests that so too do algebra and algorithims (is that with a Y ?)
                  Here moslemness is trying to pretend that Arabic culture,worshipping the moon god at the ka aba never happened,,,ooor the moslems simply superimposed islam on all the things they considered good and played down the rest...
                  Pre Islamic arabs gathered knowledge from books and people wherever they could be found,then mohammet the moslem outlawed Arabic art and music so the brains of society pursued mathematics and medicine,,neither of which have music or graven images...
                  Islam is a usurper,,first it usurped the ka aba,,then it usurped the jewish temple mount ,,then on to the church of the haggia Sophia turning them into mosques...
                  Islam screwed the arabs and it screws everything it touches,,,especially minds ?
                  Indians were lately owned by Mongols and Turkic Ghaznavids show how developed they were, stronger civilizations always own the weaker ones.
                  Islam was born in Arabian peninsula, it's normal to be full of Arabian culture, unlike that, as im Secularist Muslim, i don't mix it with Arabian culture but I believe culture shouldn't be a problem in Islam to stay unified, so that the Islam was firstly Arabian, it can be defined with Arabian culture.
                  Islam doesn't screw the minds, the thing who screw the minds are bigot and opportunist clerics-orders(teutonic order, gulen order) who define themselves as cleric and declare their own sin rules, prevent people to do somethings.
                  Lately, PUBG the video game was ordered not to play in Suleymaniyah city of Iraqi Kurdistan by a cleric. As a game developer, it was disappointment for me, completely bullshit
                  Last edited by CaymanWolvon; Yesterday, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Ummmmm, it is most likely you - the one brainwashed into a death cult founded by a peadophile thief, rapist, murderer and liar called Muhammad - who needs to be be enlightened

To try to dispraise a religion by showing pictures from well-known usual civil wars
                    Sunnis and Shias have been at each others throats for about the same amount of time that Islam has existed. Blame all that on Ali and Aisha having their family feud after Muhammad's death with a postmortem erection over the loot that Muhammad gathered up during the course of hearing voices from "Gabriel"...
                    Funny enough, while Ali was spending time trying to figure out what to do with Muhammad's body with its embarrassingly erect penis, Abu Bakr (that's Aisha's father) was scheming to get the caliphate.

is just an attempt to delude people also which is a satanic feature.
                    Which, by your very definition of attempting to delude people into thinking that "algebra" and "algorithm" are Islamic inventions, as we can see below, makes you satanic

Muslims are discoverer of: Algorithm,
                    Utter and complete shit.

Even the ancient Egyptians and Babylonians were into algorithms, along of course with the ancient Greeks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_algorithms

A few you would have seen if your computer science degree was not a piece of toilet paper:

https://programmingpraxis.com/2014/1...nt-algorithms/

And of course the Mayans and their calendars. Their codeces for calculating astronomical phenomena were very much algorithmic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_astronomy

I haven't even talked about the ancient Indians or Chinese yet..

Algebra
                    People were doing algebra even before the ancient Greeks - as usual you are bullshitting...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_algebra

which also caused all modern inventions to be existed, is enough to prove how religion has nothing to do with it.
                    Islam fanboys telling us how those associated with Islam invented anything and everything has everything to do with it

But if you had said it for whole religions,
                    I'm not but Islamist fanboys certainly are - and you as an Islamist fanboy continue to bullshit and myths about "Muslims inventing algebra and algorithms" to try and demonstrate "how good Islam is"

I would say yes for those people who behave too bigot, call everything as sin to commit and prevent technology to spread.
                    Like the Ottomans who were not allowing printing presses until the 19th century?

Pure verbal masturbation and off-topic. OP a topic on the Religion and Philosophy forum if you dare....

Oh, a tu quoque argument... but then again, Christianity largely moved on. Islam on the other hand needs a successor prophet to Muhammad to remove the multitudes of references to the Earth being flat in the Quran...

Muhammad himself was a racist - what do you expect from a Caliphate not too far removed from Muhammad himself?

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

MOCO MUCU MICI AGA NİGİ
                      So why were no any developments about algorithm and algebra till its discovering by Muslims especially Turks(Abdulhamid Ibn Turk)? keep deceiving yourself you retard jealous pedostralian
                      you've too many bullshits together in an article, see a doctor soon

Comment

So why were no any developments about algorithm and algebra till its discovering by Muslims especially Turks(Abdulhamid Ibn Turk)? keep deceiving yourself you retard jealous pedostralian
                        you've too many bullshits together in an article, see a doctor soon
                        The only thing turk muzlims discovered and didn't steal was being pedophiles

Comment

Originally posted by MrSchadenfreude View Post
                          Actually, you are not quite right. There are a whole bunch of things that Islamic civilisation had invented!!!!

Historical

• The yellow badge that was to be eventually used by the Nazis against the Jews, was invented by a Muslim caliph in Baghdad in the 9th century as a variant of the zunnār belt. This then spread to the western world in medieval times.[3]
                          • According to Dr. K. Ajram, the author of "Miracle of Islamic Science", Muslim scholars invented racial-typing centuries before the German Johann Friedrich Blumenbach "divided mankind into white, yellow, brown, black and red peoples".[4]
                          • The “military band” is thought to have its origins in the Ottoman military, the same military behind the Armenian Genocide, performed by the Janissary and accompanying the marching Muslim conquerors into battle since the 16th century.[5]
                          The hookah (a flask used to vaporize and smoke tobacco), which causes cancer, heart diseases and pulmonary diseases, was invented either in India under the Mughals or in Safavid Persia.
                          https://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_G...rds_and_Firsts

So Turks invented the military band and also via the Mughals perhaps the hookah and huge numbers of resultant lung and other cancers

Comment

Originally posted by MrSchadenfreude View Post

Your trying to lie about it is just enough to prove that your "invention" or other kind of history is completely propaganda
                            BTW those kind of works continue with marriage in Turkiye and I've not seen any child bride yet unlike pedostralians whose officials lately apologized for spreading pedophilia in Australia I hope they don't begin to fuck kangaroos

Comment

Your trying to lie about it is just enough to prove that your "invention" or other kind of history is completely propaganda
                              BTW those kind of works continue with marriage in Turkiye and I've not seen any child bride yet unlike pedostralians whose officials lately apologized for spreading pedophilia in Australia I hope they don't begin to fuck kangaroos
                              It's not peadophilia and a crime if the sex between the adult and the child is in accordance with Muhammad's sunnah now, is it?

So, peadophilia in Islam is following Muhammad's sunnah if you are having sex with small girls you married as young as 6 or you are performing sexual acts on boys who have not reached puberty yet

Comment

Working...
                              X