Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for SWAPPING FRIENDS!

Hey everyone!

I'm looking to do some international cultural swaps - where we both send each other 'care packages' and mail full of goodies from our own countries! I've done these before in the past with some awesome success, and my husband wants to get in on the fun too now! I generally try to send packages of 'matched value' with the other person just to try to make things fair, along with proof of mailing (like sending a picture of the package, taken at the mail office after it has been stamped, and/or receipt of mailing.) I also love to send mystery packages - where you're not sure what you're gonna' get - but if you want anything specific, that can be arranged. Our preferred world regions are Europe (particularly Ireland, Ukraine, and Germany,) Asia, and Oceania/Australia.

While I can't send you 'milk in a bag,' snow, or poutine, here's some of the things I can offer that you generally can't get in other countries like the US or overseas, are Canadian brands, and/or are Canada exclusive:

Food/Beverage - Canadian Kraft Dinner, Purdy's Chocolates, Maple Syrup, Saskatoon Berry Confections, Tim Horton's Coffee, Canadian Ice Wine, Canadian Rye, Smoked Salmon, Chocolate Bars (Coffee Crisp, Big Turk, Aero, Cherry Blossoms, Caramilk, etc,) Potato Chips/Crisps (Hickory Sticks, Ketchup, Dill Pickle, All Dressed, Hawkins Cheezies,) Canadian Sauces and Spice Mixes,

Clothes/Accessories - Roots, Hudson's Bay Company, Herschel, Lululemon, Hardpressed, Muttonhead, Lole, Rise Fitness, East Coast Lifestyle, etc.

Bath and Beauty - BITE Beauty, Ilia, Saje Natural Wellness, Consonant Skincare, Harlow, Buck Naked Soap Company, LOVEFRESH, etc.

Souvenirs - Flags, Coins/Paper Currency, Stamps, Maps, Local Books, Canada 150 Items (as we turned 150 this year!!,) Postcards, Stuffed Animals, Jewellery, Locally Made Comic Books, etc.

Native American Items - Beaded Earrings, Artwork, Dream Catchers, Fur-Trimmed Items (like Gloves,) Hair Accessories, Purses, Arrowheads, Pottery, Carvings, Inukshuks, etc.

Other - Hockey Items, Toronto Blue Jays Items, Canadian Football Items, RCMP Items (we live very close to the national headquarters,) Snowbirds Items (we live in the home of the Snowbirds - Canada's premier Air Demonstration Squadron,) or any Canadian military related items (as we are a military family.)

So what do you say? If you're interested, just reply here or PM me and we'll see if we can work something out!

I love this ideaI What a fun and interesting thing to do. Sadly I live in Canada as well so there is nothing for us to swap but I wanted to stop by and wish you luck with this project. I will mention it to other penpals I have in various countries. Cheers from NB

Comment

Freinds,

swapping friends.. like I give you 5 of mine, and I get 5 of yours????

sure, send me 5 young single girls please!!! Gracias.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.

Comment

This is a great idea, unfortunately not really my thing but I wish you luck.

Comment

Working...
        X