travelling as a hobby or profession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling as a hobby or profession

travelling is been in the mind of every person, let's see what everyone feels to be with.post your reasons for answers too!!!!
    profession
    15.79%
    hobby
    73.68%
    non of them
    10.53%

Traveling to me is a hobby . I wish I had to do so because of my profession. It’ll be more fun and I will not have to spend a lot money

Comment

Why would I pay thousands of dollars to visit somewhere for a week when I can make $50,000+ to visit it for a year? You don't really get to know a culture in just a few weeks, or even just a month.

Comment

i spend more then thousands of dollars just to see and now some new culture , Honestly, I do not regret and wish to visit the world someday

Comment

I've found work travel to be a bit unsatisfying. My employer was never really open to the idea that I might spend a few extra days on a business trip on vacation there instead, and I end up working while I'm traveling for work. I've done business trips to Singapore, Cambodia, Australia, China, and Hawaii.

It does take longer than the week someone spends on vacation somewhere to soak up much local perspective, to really explore a local culture. A week or two is a good start though, and more than enough time to look around.

There are different forms of travel that cost more or less but it ends up being expensive--by most people's standards--no matter how it works out. I live in Bangkok and there are definitely exceptions to that for local travel. Heading over to Siem Reap in Cambodia or Hanoi in Vietnam wouldn't need to be expensive. We visited Russia earlier this year and that added up, but Russia is a lot lower in cost to visit than the US, and Europe is much worse than the US, more costly.

Comment

Originally posted by john_in_bkk View Post

There are different forms of travel that cost more or less but it ends up being expensive--by most people's standards--no matter how it works out. I live in Bangkok and there are definitely exceptions to that for local travel. Heading over to Siem Reap in Cambodia or Hanoi in Vietnam wouldn't need to be expensive. We visited Russia earlier this year and that added up, but Russia is a lot lower in cost to visit than the US, and Europe is much worse than the US, more costly.
            The least expensive form of travel - aside from miserable camping - is home exchange. We have exchanged our house and car 4 times with Europeans and I can only recommend this form of vacation. The basic idea is that you exchange your house with the house of someone else in another country for a set period of time. The period could be anywhere from one week to several months.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

The least expensive form of travel - aside from miserable camping - is home exchange. We have exchanged our house and car 4 times with Europeans and I can only recommend this form of vacation. The basic idea is that you exchange your house with the house of someone else in another country for a set period of time. The period could be anywhere from one week to several months.

I'll put the official deed to the house in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

I'll put the official deed to the house in the mail.
                No...don’t bother. I don’t want to visit Russia’s far eastern regions. If you move to St Petersburg or Moscow, then we’ll talk.

Comment

Depends what kind of butterflies (moth) you collect.
                  Last edited by dmitri11; 06-26-2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Depends what kind of butterflies (moth) you collect.
                    Butterflies don’t interest me. A Rolls Royce will get my attention...that and a Piaggio Avanti.

Comment

Butterflies don’t interest me. A Rolls Royce will get my attention...that and a Piaggio Avanti.

You must really love the military parades ...

Comment

You must really love the military parades ...
                        No. Military parades are an old communist show. I would no more go to a military parade than I would stand around to watch the Pope go by in his Popemobile...

Comment

No. Military parades are an old communist show. I would no more go to a military parade than I would stand around to watch the Pope go by in his Popemobile...

Pope an evil sorcerer. He turns innocent girls to berlusconi's spaghetti for the price of diamonds. Do you want to see Czarmobile ...and citizens of the good monarch?
                          Last edited by dmitri11; 06-27-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Pope an evil sorcerer. He turns innocent girls to berlusconi's spaghetti for the price of diamonds. Do you want to see Czarmobile ...and citizens of the good monarch?
                            The Pope doesn't interest me. Nor does Putin. They both have a job to do and it's OK by me however they do it. The Pope has a boring Popemobile (made by Mercedes Benz) but Putin has a new limousine made by a Russian company. It's very nice but a man of his power should have ordered a Rolls Royce...

Comment

They both have a job to do and it's OK ...
                              Hence Mussolini and Hitler both had a job to do and it's OK ...

Comment

Working...
                              X