Gardening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening

I am new to gardening and I would like to chat with people who like to garden. I really do not know much. I think gardens are beautiful. I planted three trees last year and to my surprise they look like they survived the winter. I was so excited to see a bud.

Even my thornless rose, that I planted last year, seems to of survived the snow. I was so sure I had killed it. Anyone else interested in plants?

Spring is coming, how exciting. I got in the mood today to start preparing. Today I weeded one of my borders. Turned the soil. It was so nice to see it done.

Earlier this week, I also planted a fake tree in a pot., It is great for hiding an area I did not want to see. It also reminds me of the promise of spring

Comment

The hard work won't go overlooked. No, I haven't done it yet. Makes you wonder where I was when my parents were up to all of this. It's such a shame ... when I go to harvest.
      Last edited by dmitri11; 02-17-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I don't like gardening, my mother likes to do this so I help her. Mom always has a lot of ideas how to transform our backyard. This year she decided to abandon the flower bed, in this place my father and I should make a patio. I want to make a concrete floor, and my father prefers wooden. I really want to make a fire pit, so that the whole family can relax in the backyard in the cold autumn evenings. My dad says that if I find a way to do this on a wooden floor, he will allow me to do this. I found a lot of useful tips here LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR. But maybe someone has a similar experience and can you advise me how to make it as fire-safe as possible?
        Last edited by RRicho; 02-17-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastosss View Post
          I don't like gardening, my mother likes to do this so I help her. Mom always has a lot of ideas how to transform our backyard. This year she decided to abandon the flower bed, in this place my father and I should make a patio. I want to make a concrete floor, and my father prefers wooden. I really want to make a fire pit, so that the whole family can relax in the backyard in the cold autumn evenings. My dad says that if I find a way to do this on a wooden floor, he will allow me to do this. I found a lot of useful tips here VIRUS . But maybe someone has a similar experience and can you advise me how to make it as fire-safe as possible?
          Your spam influence link contains a virus

Comment

Originally posted by DrSchadenfreude View Post

Your spam influence link contains a virus
            You fear computer virus more than you fear venereal disease. Do you have a computer for your entertainment?

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
              You fear computer virus more than you fear venereal disease. Do you have a computer for your entertainment?
              Lay off the krokodil and my computer brings me you for my entertainment

Comment

Advertising links will be removed by moderators and the poster may get their profile deleted ..... advertising in forum is not permitted.

Comment

Wine grapes and fruit trees are easy. Spraying two times and cutting annually don't take that much time. Lawn below and you have an easy to maintain garden. Vegetables are much more work with annual plowing, cultivation, fertilization, spraying making seedlings etc.
                  Depending where you're living, you will need big 10x10m fine mesh nets for specific trees in the fruiting phase, otherwise birds destroy nearly all of them.

Comment

Just 2 balcony s ( ) with alot of plants in pots, so not much todo, for now. I just put some new plants in.

Job wise its busy, cleaning all the borders, cutting the old herbs back so they can come up again, cleaning out the last leafs,making room for the springbulbs,ect ect

Mzzls

Comment

I am working on making a new vegtable bed,it will take awhile as i need topullup the turf. i am so out of shape i think it might take me aweek to dig up the turf

Comment

Yesterday I discovered something wonderful. I can make pots out of paper. How amazing is that? fill with soil and it's perfect for seedlings. i am so happy.

I am still working on enlarging my plot. I am struggerling as i was hurt. so for my things are very slow. I do maybe 4 shovels and have to stop for the day.But you know little bylittle it does get bigger.

Yesterday, i planted a rose i boughtform sainsburies last year and also a flowerfrom my niece. The flowers had died but i am sure it willcome back.
                        Last edited by Peskymousie; 02-22-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peskymousie View Post
                          Yesterday I discovered something wonderful. I can make pots out of paper. How amazing is that? fill with soil and it's perfect for seedlings. i am so happy.

I am still working on enlarging my plot. I am struggerling as i was hurt. so for my things are very slow. I do maybe 4 shovels and have to stop for the day.But you know little bylittle it does get bigger.

Yesterday, i planted a rose i boughtform sainsburies last year and also a flowerfrom my niece. The flowers had died but i am sure it willcome back.

Dont overdo it, sucks all the fun out off it.

And its still very early in the year, its beautiful spring weather atm(nl). But last year winter came back in March, with a vengeance(-10). Did a lot damage on the plants/fruittrees, so be carefull with planting just yet.

Mzzls

Comment

I think you are right, i figure they are saver outside without me over watering them in my zest.

Comment

Working...
                            X