Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is physical appearance to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is physical appearance to you?

Honestly, how important is physical appearance to you in a relationship?

Well I think we can all agree it's at least an 8/10 in order for us to start speaking to that person (which is why we get so prepped up when we are out on a night, people like to talk to nice looking people) but if you have intentions of dating them, then it's looks + character + attributes + personality
    "someone farts,you're going to say Islam did.I do not understand why people talk about Islam a lot.I say hundred times; PERSONALITY.Christian,Muslim,Jewish,Atheist has nothing to do with.You're trying to pick a fight."

Comment

Somewhat important. As long as I find generally attractive, I don't mind the details.

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post
        Somewhat important. As long as I find generally attractive, I don't mind the details.
        I agree. Of course, there has to be a mutual attraction for it to become a romance rather than a friendship. But I don't get why people have specific requirements in terms of hair color, eye color, etc.

We all have our preferences. For example, I prefer black hair and brown eyes. But if a girl had blonde hair and blue eyes it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Comment

Physical attractiveness generally matters to everyone. People say that they care a lot about personality but the true fact is that the better looking a person is the more likely we're willing to compromise on their personality, so the whole "I only care about personality" canned phrase is moot. It's just a fact that you're more likely to put up with thing you don't like or make excuses for someone the more you find them attractive. This is what keeps women chasing "bad boys" and men chasing b*tchy women.
          http://i.imgur.com/9DDXY4B.gif

Comment

I can say it's quite important to me, when I meet someone for the first time, but if a guy is total dumb after all, then appearance means nothing, really. That is why there should be a balance.
            Beauty attracts the eye, but personality captures the heart.

Comment

I can never forget my goddess. People always told me that beauty and cruelty went together. It became addictive. They were right.

Comment

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I remember thinking of a girl as being ordinary when I first met her. But as I met her often, talked with her and started knowing her, I thought she was getting prettier by the day. In reality she was the same, it was simply my perspective.

A person's inner beauty becomes their outer beauty, the more you know that person.
                Lookin' for Booty on the Seven seas.

===========================
                I like to write about Food http://www.grubzon.com/

Comment

Honestly looks don't matter to me. It all comes down to personality and mindsets.

Comment

I d say 30 for looks and 70 for personality. The more awesome the person is the less importance looks have.
                    People who hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life.

Comment

being good-looking is only a bonus. if the person doesn't have a good personality, no matter how good-looking that person is, I wouldn't date him.

Comment

Somehow, I find it hard to believe people's claims on personality being more of a factor than Looks.

I mean it sounds noble, mature and everything but lets be honest here. Would girls even engage/entertain a 4/10 unkempt skinny/fat guy even if the said guy is also a genius with an IQ of 180 who could talk about the evolution of the universe or the kindest person on the planet who could give his life away for saving a cat?
                        Lookin' for Booty on the Seven seas.

===========================
                        I like to write about Food http://www.grubzon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainRish View Post
                          Somehow, I find it hard to believe people's claims on personality being more of a factor than Looks.

I mean it sounds noble, mature and everything but lets be honest here. Would girls even engage/entertain a 4/10 unkempt skinny/fat guy even if the said guy is also a genius with an IQ of 180 who could talk about the evolution of the universe or the kindest person on the planet who could give his life away for saving a cat?

10/10 you are correct. And add on that that it's just a decent, honest guy and it's like...what's there not to like? But we know he's not gonna get dates.
                          http://i.imgur.com/9DDXY4B.gif

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainRish View Post

Would guys engage with chubby and unattractive girl who is kind and perfect in all other aspects of life? Being a person who did not look appealing for very long time i know the answer so...... Why only girls? guys are no way better and probably even worse at this attitude.
                            I think there is no sense in questioning if people consider looks to be important... its something very basic. The question is HOW important this factor for this particular person. Someone wants 10\10, other just want someone pleasant to look at.... All concept of love from the first sight based on physical attractiveness. But unlike some people try to present for majority of people there are other important factors.
                            Plus, if you take a closer look, people with different looks find themselves couples, i know plenty of short, thin, unattractive, chubby people who have relationships and get married. Just problem begins when 4\10 guy wants 9\10 girl to love him for his beautiful soul and consider 4\10 girls not worth his attention.
                            Last edited by nine_lives; 12-07-2015, 08:05 PM.
                            People who hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life.

Comment

I think that my sight might not be my number one sense. Looks have never been that important to me and rarely or never find someone attractive just because of their looks and I find it much easier to appreaciate someones appearance after I've gotten to know them.
                              That being said there are of course extremes, the most obvious would be that I find someone being either so skinny or fat that it looks unhealthy rather unattractive.

Comment

Working...
                              X