Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married or Engaged, what was/is going to be your wedding song?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married or Engaged, what was/is going to be your wedding song?

For my wife and I, we had a couple of songs- It was a bit of a surprise for the beginning, with plenty of tears shed. It was a beautiful time. (I write this because I'm listening to the ones we chose.. Tears everywhere, especially with monthly hormones hitting hard!!) Hopefully soon I will be able to share a few pictures, once my sister-in-law has edited the ones she took.

While our bride assistants walked down, they walked down to I'm Gonna Be by the Proclaimers (If you don't know the TITLE of the song... "I will walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more!") It was perfect- A joke song to walk down to her. Mind you- Our whole wedding seemed like a joke. Neon themed, bizarre songs played, the cliche wedding songs played.. All on the first of April. (No joke!)
    But, being together almost two years, there was a song I KNEW would make her break down and sob her eyes out. If you have ever seen the musical movie RENT, you'll know Seasons Of Love. (525,600 Minutes...525 moments so deaaaar!) We have watched that movie COUNTLESS times, and during it, this song has significance to the movie plot. So, of course, the SECOND it starts playing, she starts sobbing before I even walk down the aisle. There was not a dry eye in the room. Of course, through tears as I walked down, I had that smug "I knew it" face, but we joke around that way. I have pictures of her and her father trying to hold it together on stage as I go forth, neither of them nor my own parents having ever seen me so done up in a dress, makeup, hair done.. Anything.
    Our first dance song, oh man... We sung to each other, of course. Another "If you have..." moment, the Fox Animation movie Anastasia was one of the first movies we had watched together. At The Beginning (by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis) was it. We had said, from the day we watched it, that it would be our first dance song. So we sung, spun slow, and cried our eyes out.

What was YOUR wedding song(s)? If you aren't married yet, what is your favorite song that you would like to have played during it? Feel free to share your experience, in short sentences or paragraphs, or even in a private message! I would LOVE to hear about it!!

That's quite detailed. ^_^ I'm wondering, did both of you wear the traditional wedding dress or did you two do something different? Someone I know initially wanted to dress up as Bobba Fett in white and her spouse, Darth Vader in white. That would have been interesting to see two feminine versions of the two characters. Alas, I think they changed their minds at the last minute due to unforeseen problems? They both ended up with the traditional wedding dresses, but DID play a wedding rendition of the Imperial March when walking down the isle. Haha!

Our wedding song was two:

The first dance: Your Song by Elton John.

The rage song (a bit hard to explain, it has to do with some northern German wedding tradition): Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

Papier Love Story
    Don't believe in long distance romance? We found each other online in 2010, got married in 2013 and it all started right here on Interpals.
    [Youtube] [Facebook] [Website]

Comment

I always thought Bruce Springsteen's "If I Should Fall Behind" would make a great wedding song. But we got married in Ecuador and our wedding reception was a salsa dance party where all the songs were sung in Spanish. To have asked the DJ to put on a slow paced ballad would have put a damper on the festive vibe and caused everyone to wonder "what in the hell is this gringo playing"?

Comment

Frankie goes to Hollywood - The Power of Love

Comment

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post
            I always thought Bruce Springsteen's "If I Should Fall Behind" would make a great wedding song. But we got married in Ecuador and our wedding reception was a salsa dance party where all the songs were sung in Spanish. To have asked the DJ to put on a slow paced ballad would have put a damper on the festive vibe and caused everyone to wonder "what in the hell is this gringo playing"?
            Did everything else was conducted in Spanish too (the reception, ceremony, people talking, whatever)? Did you feel (even slightly) left out because of this? I am not sure how fluent you were in Spanish but I always wonder how someone​ would feel in an international wedding, having surrounded by foreign language, foreign traditions and on the top of everything, not being able to pick his own favourite song for the wedding?
            How much​ were you involved in the wedding planning?

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post

Did everything else was conducted in Spanish too (the reception, ceremony, people talking, whatever)? Did you feel (even slightly) left out because of this? I am not sure how fluent you were in Spanish but I always wonder how someone​ would feel in an international wedding, having surrounded by foreign language, foreign traditions and on the top of everything, not being able to pick his own favourite song for the wedding?
              How much​ were you involved in the wedding planning?

My family was there so I did have people I could talk to in English and my Spanish, while far from fluent, was good enough that I could communicate with Sofi's family and friends as well - including a million introductions to distant relatives of hers I will probably never see again.

Everyone from both families had a wonderful time and the fact that it was international made it even more fun. I had zero interest in planning the wedding and that included the music. If I really wanted I could have had this song played but it just wasn't that big a deal to me.
              Last edited by ChrisShiva; 04-20-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptionThis View Post
                Frankie goes to Hollywood - The Power of Love

What about that band's most famous song Relax. It's fun to dance to. But the very suggestive lyrics probably wouldn't be appropriate for a family wedding.

Comment

I hope she will accept this great song

Leonard Cohen - Dance Me to the End of Love

Comment

Comment

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcUKvmqUCek

And I'll sing it while walking down the aisle ...... corny and cheesy I know :P

Comment

Working...
                      X