Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your view on cohabitation and marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phdintho1

Now they're more free. Good.
    Freedom is not permissiveness. everyone has a right to freedom as long as their freedom don't interrupt the freedom of other people.

children need a good example and proper upbringing. i believe that apples do not grow on oaks, so i would vote for the new world where every person who wants to become a parent should get the right to it first- like a license, pass lots of tests etc.

Comment

Originally posted by murcat View Post
      Can you ever think of something else besides islamic religious crap or it's always the first thing that comes to your mind whenever you hear the word "shame" ? actually you don't understand what I'm talking about. I remember myself and other kids my age in my childhood, they had respect for adults , they were shy , didn't touch or take things they were not allowed to take, they blushed , felt awkward after being reproached by adults unlike nowadays uncontrollable, insolent children, they can throw a handful of sand at you, (while playing on the beach) without having scruples, not a single sign of awkwardness is caught in their eyes, no blush on their cheeks. So first we have impertinent little kids, who grow up and become impertinent vulgar adults as a result.
      I was not referring to Islam in the slightest. Maybe read again what I wrote. Weird dress codes we had in the past as well in Christian countries.....in Ukraine too. Women were not allowed to show skin. Head covering was obligatory too. The way you dress today is very respectless and immoral in the light of the moral 100 years ago. If you like it or not. If you want the moral behavior back from this time then start dressing accordingly.

Children from the time you describe got respect beaten into them with hands, belts and all kind of things available. Nowadays they grow up with much less (fear of) violence.
      The result is, that we have much less violence on schools and less youth criminality today than 20 years ago.

Misbehaving toddlers as you describe them are a consequence of parents who grew up with beatings as punishments and don't know how to teach so small children without violence. Each generation of parents learns something in addition. It is getting better already since it got obvious that an anti-authoritarian educational style is not good. Parents are learning how to be authoritarian without being violent physically or mentally.

In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

if children throw sand (as in example above) one just should throw it at them too. Freedom is based on fight/competition/etc.
        *g* yes - this is one possibility. If you are unlucky the child likes it . But there are several other possibilities to get behavior like this corrected.
        In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

I agreed without slightest sarcasm though.
          I pity you.

Comment

Dating (before marriage) is better than cohabitation. I don't know why girls are so eager to plunge themselves into this household routine as soon as possible, without being legally married, maybe, they are craving for becoming servants, washing their men's socks and dirty dishes so much or whatever domestic stuff , that kills all romance in relationships . Of course official marriage also consists of these routine things, but at least dating for a couple of years gives time for romantic stuff as well as for getting to know a person in one way or other.
            I wonder how you manage to find those exceptional assholes who look for servants all the time....

Comment

if children throw sand (as in example above) one just should throw it at them too. Freedom is based on fight/competition/etc.
              imagine - you are lying on the beach , enjoying warm sun rays , a slight summer breeze, and here all of a sudden kids like a herd of wild horses are running right past you, scattering sand all over you , without paying attention to it, they behave this way repeatedly and their mothers' reproach sounds rather like sort of encouragement. )) How would you react ? will you run after those naughty kids to slap them every time they misbehave , scattering sand upon you ? or will you prefer to have a serious conversation with their mothers ?

Comment

This case is quite different, I thought they had thrown it deliberately .
                it doesn't matter whether they scattered it on purpose or not, in both cases their parents are to blame for that. It's like smoking in a public place.

Comment

But smoking at a public place is the integral right of every Free Individual.
                  smokers stink. I have a right for fresh air as a free individual

Comment

Originally posted by Al_ice View Post

Couldn't agree more with this part. It annoys me to no end whenever I come across smokers in public... which is unfortunately everyday. :/ Do you actually complain when you see them?

Comment

Originally posted by Al_ice View Post

very good answer, I have nothing to add )

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post

It annoys me to no end whenever I come across smokers in public... which is unfortunately everyday. :/ Do you actually complain when you see them?
                        normally i avoid to complain. we have a law banning smoking in public places, I see people smoking in the streets quite rare now, just occasionaly, almost never see it. maybe i'm walking not in the right places. earlier i used to politely ask some smokers eg when they lit their cigarettes next to our table cos in this case you are not just passing by and can't avoid passive smoking. If you are polite, usually they react ok or go off somewhere else/designated area to smoke. the worst thing - when your neighbours are smoking in their apartment on balcony and all the smoke goes into your apartment via open windows. In this case it's hard to tell them something because they are on their own territory.

Comment

it sounds like there are either only sluts or only blue stockings without variants
                          I wonder what you and alsi consider to be sluts first of all. When I read your self righteous posts guys, I feel like being in church listening to some sermon on morality coming from some indignant prudes. Same vibes (even worse ones) I can feel from the aussie guy bsgs....

I personally believe it is up to people themselves to decide whether they wish for a marriage or cohabitation. Some couples do very well without being married - they stay in a relationship for years, share duties and respoinsibilities. What I personally find self harming is Hades style looking for constant 'sparks' which is another extreme showing inability to built a strong monogamous relationship with another human being. Usually such people end up constantly searching for 'the best of the best' rather than finally settling down with someone. As for marriages, I have nothing against the ones where both partners are happy, sharing and responsible. It doesn't matter if people are married or not, it's the quality of a relationship between people that matters after all.

Comment

That's just accident, ...
                            it's not just an accident, it's a repetitive action , mothers should have taught their kids some basic manners in public places, but they didn't

so they have a right to run, scattering sand as free individuals and I have a right to enjoy sunbathing as a free individual, without being sprinkled with sand every 5-10 minutes ))
                            Last edited by murcat; 05-22-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

If all the beaches were private property, there wouldn't be such problems.

Comment

You could just move yourself away of them. What would you do if it were not children but animals, for example?
                                why should I move away ? I'd rather they did it the same thing is with smokers/non-smokers , only smokers have to search for the special place to smoke, not vice versa

haha )) children are not animals, dude this comparison is really lame

Comment

Working...
                                X