Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men from all the races , this is for you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main_hu_Doga View Post

sssssshhhhhhhh... Don't try to express opinions or try to speak the truth or your id will get deleted. LOL But, yes that person in the last pic confuses me too, can't comment on gender or my account will be deleted lol.

wait what, when did commenting on gender become a taboo? o.O"

Comment

Originally posted by RainOnTheWindow View Post
      I do think they look better with paler skin. I don't know if they edited it because paler skin makes them look nicer or for some other reason but I don't see anything wrong with it.
      I love my pale skin. c:
      It's sad that people feel pressured to be fair-skinned. In my opinion, they look better with their natural skin colour just because no one deserves to feel ugly about their own natural skin. I find it ridiculous that fair skin is the general standard of beauty especially in K-pop. I don't want people looking at their dark or olive skin and thinking "oh I am so bloody ugly". I want people to think "oh I will embrace my natural beauty/ skin colour, f*ck beauty standards I love myself bitches" c:

Comment

Originally posted by Richa_ View Post

It's sad that people feel pressured to be fair-skinned. In my opinion, they look better with their natural skin colour just because no one deserves to feel ugly about their own natural skin. I find it ridiculous that fair skin is the general standard of beauty especially in K-pop. I don't want people looking at their dark or olive skin and thinking "oh I am so bloody ugly". I want people to think "oh I will embrace my natural beauty/ skin colour, f*ck beauty standards I love myself bitches" c:
        I agree. You should never feel ashamed of who you are.

Comment

Worship my supa snow-white skin colour, you beggar​

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

Worship my supa snow-white skin colour, you beggar​

here is me worshiping you x

Comment

People with pale skin are a minority of the world. I'm proud of my genetics, heritage, and culture.
              I wouldn't trade them for the world. c:

Comment

Curry is yummy, short guys aren't bad either. Oh and I had a fling with an Indian guy once and he didn't smell bad.

It is hard to tell the idiots from the trolls sometimes. In the case of Xiu calling Doga a "filthy curry eater" I'm betting on stupid though he quickly went down to her level by calling her a "chink".

Threads about race and ethnicity tend to bring the worst out of people on the forum.
                Last edited by ChrisShiva; 07-12-2017, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post

It is hard to tell the idiots from the trolls sometimes. In the case of Xiu calling Doga a "filthy curry eater" I'm betting on stupid though he quickly went down to her level by calling her a "chink".

Threads about race and ethnicity tend to bring the worst out of people on the forum.
                  I know, but that was only my reaction towards her actions , and I've already been warned for that by the moderator ... This thread wasn't meant to insult any race or anyone at all , but some people ruin everything you know. It was just created as a one-time answer to all "girls don't reply me" threads, so that we don't see so much of them anymore... But anyways.

Comment

wait what, when did commenting on gender become a taboo? o.O"
                    It's not, if you're one of mods' favorites, but it's definitely a taboo to express your opinions if you're not .

Comment

here is me worshiping you x
                      Better, don't forget to worship me everyday é_è

Originally posted by Manahus
                      LOL what is your weight now ? You must worship the cake babe .
                      Still at the same point, lel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruxae View Post

Lol, I guess I got white washed too.

Im not denying there's some shady sh!t going on in the K-Pop industry, who hasn't seen the videos of crying girls apologizing for having a boyfriend and ruining the fantasy for horny teens? And idols are often pressured into surgery against their own will.. However, in the case of your picture it's really just the lighting and not white washing.
                        Also worth noting that in Korean culture pale skin is considered beautiful and this originates from the idea that fair skinned koreans are not working in the sun and thus have money and status, it has little to do with white culture (white washing). I know you didn't specifically mention white washing yourself but your image did.
                        This. So much this.

Lighting has a big effect on tone of the subject and the background when it comes to Photography.

Me with "White Washed" skin:

http://i.imgur.com/gZGbEqO.jpg

Me with "Natural" skin:

http://i.imgur.com/agANaCE.jpg

I am of Middle Eastern - Spanish background with a more olive skin tone. A subject who happens to have naturally clear skin with little to no blemishing and having a more lighter shade of olive tone will (under certain circumstances) look as if he/she has fair skin in some photographs. I def. would not call it "White Washing."

And the K-Pop industry as a whole is just dismal but using it as a reflection of Korean Society is just as Asinine as using Bollywood as a reflection of Indian Society or that Hollywood represents American Society. Its a very bad stereotype.

As for the rest of the comments... Do I seriously even need to point out just how wrong those statements are? Really? Smelly Curry Eaters? Chinks? What are you guys? 12 year olds?
                        Last edited by Xodian; 07-13-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Well I can't see the objective if those whitewashed pictures are edited by fans who want to make their "boys" look cooler in their own standard or whomever so I can't judge.
                          Such preference for fair skin exists generally in Asian countries. Kpop only contributes more bcs it has a big influence especially among Southeast Asians and naturally Koreans have fair skin. From what I noticed, such preference is more likely to be seen in the Southeast Asian countries. I heard in Thailand some celebrities have Caucasian roots (who aren't even natives probably?) so their "westernized" look and fair skin gain some attention by people.
                          Besides that, I don't see anything wrong about fair skin preference either. If it looks cooler to them, let them have and keep your own tanned skin and be proud of it.

Certain physical preference actually exists in any music/entertainment industry depends on what they prefer - be it unnaturally big buns or boobs.

Comment

Ok let us turn a blind eye on whitewashing pictures of celebs and have thousands of young fans feel shitty about their darker skin tone. Because why tf not, it's normalised to have pale skin as a standard of beauty. Because if one's fav celeb isn't pale enough in one's standard and feels the need to edit their fav celeb's pic to apparently make it look cooler, all dark people must be ugly or uncool to him/her anyway. Ah and not all Koreans have naturally fair skin but nevermind,it's alright they can use bleaching products. Yay!!!

Comment

Of course there are BOTH "whitewashed" pictures and pictures who just look lighter/darker due to the lightening. I currently live in Southeast Asia and hell yes whitening products are ubiquitous and a bunch of people edit their pictures just so their skin looks whiter. My skin is naturally fair and over the years I got people putting their hand next to mine comparing our complexion and when I go shopping, shopkeepers will often say "it'll look good on you because your skin is white". I mean.. it's normal to compliment, but the emphasise on white skin is no joke. Such skin is not too common among the natives tribes. I have it because I am ethnically orient AND hate the heat. A good number of local celebrities here are also mixed. If you're part caucasian (and aren't camera shy or obese, of course) you already automatically have higher chance to be actors or models here.

I actually doubt many fans will edit their idols' pic though. Most likely it's edited by the idols themselves, their management or media people. I don't think it's terrible to use whitening products, personally, as long as one isn't too obsessed with having white skin. Same goes for tanning enthusiast caucasians.

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post
                                Most likely it's edited by the idols themselves, their management or media people.
                                their management. those kpop singers are just puppets & slaves in the hands of moneybags whose the only purpose to make more money out of them, so if they are more saleable with whitewashed skin - why not.

here is the link, read to the bottom - http://listverse.com/2017/07/11/10-d...orld-of-k-pop/

Comment

Working...
                                X