Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why more women than men?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why more women than men?




    You know why that happened, please tell me

  • #2
    That's not true. In our country,men are much more in numbers than women and according to census data, on Earth there are 3.42 billion men and 3.39 billion women. And it shouldn't matter as long as everything works fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bullshit. There's no more women than men.

      Comment


      • #4
        It doesn't matter. I just need.....ONE. Which is more than enough to bear!

        For the headaches, heartaches and backaches. And that is not all.
        Last edited by Bond_007; 07-13-2017, 07:08 AM.
        You Cannot Give What You Don't Have.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Main_hu_Doga View Post
          That's not true. In our country,men are much more in numbers than women and according to census data, on Earth there are 3.42 billion men and 3.39 billion women. And it shouldn't matter as long as everything works fine.
          Yes exactly this. It seems that there are slightly more baby boys than baby girls (something like 51 vs 49%), but that when you start looking at older generations women are indeed a little bit more in the majority as the seem to outlive men more oftenly. No idea why. But this doesn't cause any major trouble.

          It does become a problem when humans start mingling in this, I think. In Europe after the First World War, a whole generation of young men was wiped out, leaving many women ending up alone. The opposite can be seen in modern China where, due to the one child policy, people prefered boys over girls and would abort or kill the child if the first born happened to be a girl. Which is obviously leaving many Chinese men ending up alone.

          So yeah, as long as it isn't causing any trouble, absolute numbers aren't so important, I guess.
          La tête en bas et les pieds en l'air ! Oh lÃ* lÃ* !

          Comment


          • #6

            Originally posted by LadyJosh View Post
            when you start looking at older generations women are indeed a little bit more in the majority as the seem to outlive men more oftenly. No idea why. But this doesn't cause any major trouble.
            From what I remember, 8/10 people over 100yo are women... I don't know if it's still true in 2017, but I guess it can be partially explained (I said partially) by works, men tend to have works which are physically more difficult. There are also this kind of ratio for workers and cadres.
            Maybe there are some biological causes too (surely imo), unfortunately, I don't know them.

            Originally posted by LadyJosh View Post
            The opposite can be seen in modern China where, due to the one child policy, people prefered boys over girls and would abort or kill the child if the first born happened to be a girl. Which is obviously leaving many Chinese men ending up alone.
            Originally posted by Main_hu_Doga View Post
            on Earth there are 3.42 billion men and 3.39 billion women.
            Thanks to India and China, lol. Most of the men who will end up alone are there :x


            Else, if there was more women than men, it woul be all good to make a harem without annoying anybody, for now, it should be more the opposite
            Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 07-13-2017, 07:16 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              You have done a lot of work and asked about strange things.
              Last edited by dmitri11; 07-13-2017, 08:13 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Polish statistic 2012 Men=18 651 441 Women=19 882 348 together=38 533 789

                Usually 5% more males will be born, but women live longer and this causes the statistical women majority here.
                When you consider that 10% males are homosexual much more than women are lesbians, there will be a 3-4% of women which can't get a partner 'statistically'. Catholic church has more priests and monks than nuns, but i don't think this has a significance in the statistic.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
                  You have done a lot of work and asked about strange things.
                  Strange things are your specialty

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LadyJosh View Post

                    Yes exactly this. It seems that there are slightly more baby boys than baby girls (something like 51 vs 49%), but that when you start looking at older generations women are indeed a little bit more in the majority as the seem to outlive men more oftenly. No idea why. But this doesn't cause any major trouble.

                    It does become a problem when humans start mingling in this, I think. In Europe after the First World War, a whole generation of young men was wiped out, leaving many women ending up alone. The opposite can be seen in modern China where, due to the one child policy, people prefered boys over girls and would abort or kill the child if the first born happened to be a girl. Which is obviously leaving many Chinese men ending up alone.

                    So yeah, as long as it isn't causing any trouble, absolute numbers aren't so important, I guess.

                    It's true that slightly more boys are born than girls. But, as you said, the numbers even out over time and by old age there are more women than men. That's why elderly geezers are so popular with the ladies at nursing homes.

                    In some cultures polygamy becomes the norm because so many men are killed in warfare. This was case in 7th century Arabia and why polygamy became accepted in Islam. In fact polygamy was common throughout much of the ancient world. There are many examples of it in the Bible as well.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X