No announcement yet.

The high's and low's of being single..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The high's and low's of being single..

What is everyone's views...

The biggest pro is by far the independance, you can spend money, decorate however you want and generally just do whatever you want without worrying about someone else. You get plenty of space if that's important to you, feel free to masturbate on the kitchen table - no ones gonna know (assuming you don't live with family/roomate, I wouldn't recommend it in that case).

Con's about being single is just.. well.. Loneliness. Most people have a base need for companionship, you can't (or at least it'd be very hard) to have a family on your own, for the most part life will probably have an emptiness other things can't fill even if you can be a happy person without it. And while I also listed independance as a pro it can also be a con in the cases where you could really use some help. Of course friends and family could help you out but odds are they won't be availiable all of the time or be able to provide a dedicated level of shared responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruxae View Post
      feel free to masturbate on the kitchen table - no ones gonna know (assuming you don't live with family/roomate, I wouldn't recommend it in that case).
      pretty sure one can achieve that even with their significant other around unless their gf/bf are conservative screwballs

Comment

Originally posted by Richa_ View Post

pretty sure one can achieve that even with their significant other around unless their gf/bf are conservative screwballs
        Yeah, sure. But it's generally not something you'd casually do on impulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruxae View Post

Yeah, sure. But it's generally not something you'd casually do on impulse.
          I would do it but yeah I guess I'm the only few that would.

ps: lmfao yes I said it and idgaf what people think lolol

Comment

Highs - Doing anything you want without getting bit&*(^ at...? Cons - Can't really think of any other than having to tell women you don't want a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Richa_ View Post
              I would do it but yeah I guess I'm the only few that would.

ps: lmfao yes I said it and idgaf what people think lolol
              Well there's exceptions in every case I suppose. There's probably people who live that way, just usually it would require some kind of prior understanding at the very least. Without it then yes, i'd agree you are probably in a minority, lol. Mostly though it was just a joking example on my part of one of the many things one might feel liberated to do when living alone, going back to the original topic I think there's ultimately very little definitive difference between being single or not outside of companionship. It varies so much based on outside and internal circumstances.

Comment

I agree independence, is a pro, not having to consult anyone, on certain decisions, not operating as a unit. Loneliness definitely a con, also social stigma around singlehood, is very negative, especially as you get older. I personally feel too many people settle, just for the sake if settling. I think forever is a long time, the right person for you, should be the person you settle with, there shouldn't be any doubts, but of cause, that person might not come along, in which case, one would have to forfull their lives in other ways.

Comment

Only God can save you from loneliness.

Comment

The freedom is a plus. Also, you might have quite some money left for hobbies. Now I think of it: being single means there is no one to stop you from spending time and money on your hobbies. Yet, on holiday, it can be nice to have company when you are having a meal.
                    Last edited by Boliches; 07-16-2017, 07:48 AM.
                    I hate forums

Comment

Unmarried couples living together is fucked up and so is their mentality. They just live together for fun. It's better to be single than to be in such a stupid relationship. It's better to visit prostitutes than to ruin each others' life by staying in such a stupid relationship. Younger people do it because they think it's cool without realizing that they, in a way, are committing suicide. Single people are at least way more respectable and holy than those fuck-bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post
                        The freedom is a plus. Also, you might have quite some money left for hobbies. Now I think of it: being single means there is no one to stop you from spending time and money on your hobbies. Yet, on holiday, it can be nice to have company when you are having a meal.
                        Yes. Family is a responsibility and a lot of money. Only a businesswoman always remains lonely. Came a woman's happiness in the modern world?
                        Last edited by dmitri11; 07-16-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I believe a women, as with man, can have it all, family, careers, her own hobbies and so on. I do think some men are intimidated by women with career goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_hu_Doga View Post
                            Unmarried couples living together is fucked up and so is their mentality. They just live together for fun. It's better to be single than to be in such a stupid relationship. It's better to visit prostitutes than to ruin each others' life by staying in such a stupid relationship. Younger people do it because they think it's cool without realizing that they, in a way, are committing suicide. Single people are at least way more respectable and holy than those fuck-bags.

lolwut

the only difference between an unmarried couple living togather and a married one is the contract
                            Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Originally posted by Main_hu_Doga View Post
                              And what changes the marriage paper for them both? Nothing with the exception that a breakup will be more expensive and painful, especially with kids.
                              A healthy relationship doesn't need a marriage, but a marriage isn't able to mend a shitty one.

Comment

Working...
                              X