Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to present some roses to Muslim girl

Hello everybody.
    Im from Italy and sorry if my english language isn't so perfect.
    Well, i have got a "problem".
    In the same place where i work there is a pakistani girl i relly like... I dont know, she has such a genuine and pure beauty that immediately struck me.
    We just presented, nothing else.
    I want to send some roses to her, let her understand that she hit me and that I would like to know her. But i dont want to hurt her!
    Im Italian and Cathslic, she is Pakistani and Muslim: i dont know if she has already a boyfriend, or she (in future) will go to marry a Muslim boy....
    I dont want to bring problems to her with her family, absolutely!
    My gesture wants to be pure and innocent, but i heard that some Muslim girls they may feel violated and invaded from a gesture by Occidentals (Catholics) boys.

What do you think? In 2017 to gift flowers to a girl who you like is obsolete?

Some my friends made me scared about it, that I can have problems, ect.

Do you have got experience?

Just give her the flower, it's not friggin' Saudi Arabia or Iran. Calm down, just go for it. It's a kind gesture. She's not gonna stab you or something just because you decided to give her roses. Don't gift her though if she's wearing burqa lol

and yea in 2017, gifting of flowers is rare. Even my boyfriend has never gifted me that ugh. But trust me, girls will appreciate it - even the pakistani girl. unless she's wearing a burqa, watch out because she will burn your hands with a lighter for having dared given her a haram rose infested with men (who aren't their family members, relatives etc) germs. Rumour has it that Saudi Arabia officials can smell germs on muslim women from many many miles away and give you a death sentence asap

Comment

Sounds creepy if you barely know her though, life is not a cheesy hollywood movie. Get to know her first before doing anything else.

Comment

Some women will like it, others will be convinced you want to hump them as soon as you are alone with them in the elevator. If she does not know you well, try to find out whether she will appreciate it.

Originally posted by Richa_ View Post
        Just give her the flower, it's not friggin' Saudi Arabia or Iran. Calm down, just go for it. It's a kind gesture. She's not gonna stab you or something just because you decided to give her roses. Don't gift her though if she's wearing burqa lol

and yea in 2017, gifting of flowers is rare. Even my boyfriend has never gifted me that ugh. But trust me, girls will appreciate it - even the pakistani girl. unless she's wearing a burqa, watch out because she will burn your hands with a lighter for having dared given her a haram rose infested with men (who aren't their family members, relatives etc) germs. Rumour has it that Saudi Arabia officials can smell germs on muslim women from many many miles away and give you a death sentence asap
        ​Nope. Not true. I speak from experience. And I am not talking about giving roses to declare my love, but about a bouquet - nothing extravagant either - for her birthday. And this was a (Turkish) colleague whom I had been speaking with a lot. Also, it was not a unique occurrence that I gave a female colleague flowers for her birthday.

​Still, if we ever meet, I shall remember to bring YOU some flowers. I only hope your boyfriend is not a jealous type. I do not do cheap bunches.

​I also have some good experiences with good friends and with my girlfriend. Last October, when I bought my girlfriend all the long stem (baccarat type) roses in a shop, the shop keeper's reaction made it worth it as well. I felt a bit cheap, because there were only 19 left, whereas I wanted to buy her at least 25.
        Last edited by Boliches; 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM.
        I hate forums

Comment

I'd personally hold off on the flowers until you get a feel for whether or not she'd appreciate it, try to strike up conversation to begin with - if you get the feeling she's the kind of girl who might appreciate such a gesture then just go for it, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post
            Some women will like it, others will be convinced you want to hump them as soon as you are alone with them in the elevator. If she does not know you well, try to find out whether she will appreciate it.

​Nope. Not true. I speak from experience. And I am not talking about giving roses to declare my love, but about a bouquet - nothing extravagant either - for her birthday. And this was a (Turkish) colleague whom I had been speaking with a lot. Also, it was not a unique occurrence that I gave a female colleague flowers for her birthday.

​Still, if we ever meet, I shall remember to bring YOU some flowers. I only hope your boyfriend is not a jealous type. I do not do cheap bunches.

​I also have some good experiences with good friends and with my girlfriend. Last October, when I bought my girlfriend all the long stem (baccarat type) roses in a shop, the shop keeper's reaction made it worth it as well. I felt a bit cheap, because there were only 19 left, whereas I wanted to buy her at least 25.

Did she not appreciate you giving her flowers have anything to do with her being Turkish or was it something else?
            Last edited by ChrisShiva; 07-18-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

As far as I'm familiar with pakistani customs acid to the face is more traditional than flowers
              Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post

Did she not appreciate you giving her flowers have anything to do with her being Turkish or was it something else?
                The being Turkish, or rather the traditional Muslim culture, did have something to do with it. However, the main reason for mentioning it was OP's reference to a Muslim girl.
                I hate forums

Comment

As a Muslim did she see it as inappropriate for a male colleague to give flowers to a female colleague? Religion and culture aside, I think most women would appreciate be given birthday flowers by a work colleague, male or female.

Of course, flowers can have a romantic connotation. So it's probably not what I would choose for a gift to a co-worker though I don't see as a terrible overstep either. Perhaps this girl read more into your kind gesture than you intended.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post
                    As a Muslim did she see it as inappropriate for a male colleague to give flowers to a female colleague? Religion and culture aside, I think most women would appreciate be given birthday flowers by a work colleague, male or female.

Of course, flowers can have a romantic connotation. So it's probably not what I would choose for a gift to a co-worker though I don't see as a terrible overstep either. Perhaps this girl read more into your kind gesture than you intended.
                    As you may have noticed I am Dutch. Flowers are given here somewhat more easily. I also remarked that it was not a unique occurrence. This girl has shown that, influenced by her parents' traditionalism, increasingly strong signs of a return to her roots. Most Turks here come from villages that struggle to accept the modern world. From being very much integrated and Dutch, she has become very traditional. She is a fervent Erdogan supporter. Seven or so years ago, I doubt she would have supported him.

As for giving colleagues flowers being awkward: when a younger girl joined my team and I gave her flowers, the other was afraid I had exchanged her for a younger model. On her birthday, a month later, her flowers did not arrive. It turned out someone in HRM had intercepted them. I did not put my name to them. This had a history, but it also gave the impression they were given by the team. I hadn't counted with the utter uselessness of HRM.

Most people indeed like to get flowers.
                    I hate forums

Comment

Originally posted by Richa_ View Post
                      Rumour has it that Saudi Arabia officials can smell germs on muslim women from many many miles away and give you a death sentence asap
                      lol source ?
                      ^..............^

Comment

Originally posted by lukasz90 View Post
                        Hello everybody.
                        Im from Italy and sorry if my english language isn't so perfect.
                        Well, i have got a "problem".
                        In the same place where i work there is a pakistani girl i relly like... I dont know, she has such a genuine and pure beauty that immediately struck me.
                        We just presented, nothing else.
                        I want to send some roses to her, let her understand that she hit me and that I would like to know her. But i dont want to hurt her!
                        Im Italian and Cathslic, she is Pakistani and Muslim: i dont know if she has already a boyfriend, or she (in future) will go to marry a Muslim boy....
                        I dont want to bring problems to her with her family, absolutely!
                        My gesture wants to be pure and innocent, but i heard that some Muslim girls they may feel violated and invaded from a gesture by Occidentals (Catholics) boys.

What do you think? In 2017 to gift flowers to a girl who you like is obsolete?

Some my friends made me scared about it, that I can have problems, ect.

Do you have got experience?
                        that's very sweet. But be careful some people can't handle sweet.
                        ^..............^

Comment

Just like any other girl in the world. Find out whether shes single. The boyfriend can be the bigger problem. And take it slow. Ask her out for Coffee or something. Flowers are better if you know the girl already. Also most Desis dont mind marrying Europeans for you know what
                          Lookin' for Booty on the Seven seas.

===========================
                          I like to write about Food http://www.grubzon.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X