Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one is it easier to marry someone outside your faith or culture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is it easier to marry someone outside your faith or culture?

Does anyone know, if you or someone has married outside their faith? What are the draw backs verses, marrying someone in the same faith but outside their culture?

​What would you do now, if you can go back in time to change things, advice someone before they find themselves in the same predicament as yourself, or know someone is going through it now?

​From my point of view, or perspective on this outlook, its easier for me to marry someone outside of my culture but not outside of my faith.

I also advice anyone who may say, I am NOT religious and it doesn't apply to me, you are probably correct for now, but people do change. In the future, 2 of you may find yourselves pulling away from different directions and its like a torn piece of paper that will eventually tear off, and its going to be ugly.

​Please keep your comments, arguments and your opinions respectfully toward others. We are all adults here, and we want to learn from one another. Sharing is caring but in love.

​Please don't forget to vote. It will help most visitors what others believe and may stand for on this issue. Thank you all.
    Never marry anyone outside your faith (religion) but NOT your culture
    20.00%
    Never marry anyone outside your culture but NOT your faith (religion)
    10.00%
    Marry anyone who will say YES to you regardless of who they are.
    45.00%
    Stay single. Marriage is a complicated thing in life.
    10.00%
    All I want is a filthy rich person. I don't care about faith or culture.
    15.00%
    Last edited by Easygliderpro; 01-09-2018, 02:28 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections to auto correct.

Outside my culture? Sure. Outside my religion? I am not even religious. I don't think I can be with someone who considers his faith to be very important.

Comment

That depends on the particular faith. Or culture
      http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
        Can't let your catholicism get in the way of your russian fetish
        Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post

Can't let your catholicism get in the way of your russian fetish
          I actually meant some other faiths not Catholicism but fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post
            Outside my culture? Sure. Outside my religion? I am not even religious. I don't think I can be with someone who considers his faith to be very important.
            ​I know a couple who are going through a divorce now, each one from a different culture and faith. They have a 5 year old son now, and he is staying with his mom. Both couple were not religious till 5 years later in marriage, things have changed when the wife wanted to attend a church on Christmas with her parents with their young son, but the husband (Muslim background) objected. The husband does not want to have or raise his son as catholic. He also started threatening, she will not go to church or practice her faith, or take their son to any religious place or activity.

​Yes, you can get accustomed to culture, but its not easy to change or accept someone's belief and faith. I have advised this young mother before marrying her ex-husband, but she did not take heed to warning, about faith interchangeability, now or in the future.

​Keep in mind, regardless if you are religious or not, no 2 religions or faith can be practiced at the same time, either you love one or hate the other. Most people may compromise anything but NOT their faith. So choose your mate wisely, Don't marry anyone outside your religion.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
              Simple answer, no 2 religions can be interchangeable, either you love one or hate the other. It's like 2 drivers in a car, each one with a steering wheel and both of them are, trying to go different ways at the same time. It's a catastrophe waiting to happen, that will result in a crash and may lead to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Easygliderpro View Post

Simple answer, no 2 religions can be interchangeable, either you love one or hate the other. It's like 2 drivers in a car, each one with a steering wheel and both of them are, trying to go different ways at the same time. It's a catastrophe waiting to happen, that will result in a crash and may lead to death.
                Nonsense I'd be willing to give up my relligion in case of love. It only depends on the person. Or the culture as I've already said, e.g. in islam there's death penalty for leaving so they're not going to...

Comment

Originally posted by Easygliderpro View Post

​I know a couple who are going through a divorce now, each one from a different culture and faith. They have a 5 year old son now, and he is staying with his mom. Both couple were not religious till 5 years later in marriage, things have changed when the wife wanted to attend a church on Christmas with her parents with their young son, but the husband (Muslim background) objected. The husband does not want to have or raise his son as catholic. He also started threatening, she will not go to church or practice her faith, or take their son to any religious place or activity.

​Yes, you can get accustomed to culture, but its not easy to change or accept someone's belief and faith. I have advised this young mother before marrying her ex-husband, but she did not take heed to warning, about faith interchangeability, now or in the future.

​Keep in mind, regardless if you are religious or not, no 2 religions or faith can be practiced at the same time, either you love one or hate the other. Most people may compromise anything but NOT their faith. So choose your mate wisely, Don't marry anyone outside your religion.
                  If I end up with anyone, one thing that I definitely make sure clear from the beginning is that the kids will not raised according to any specific religion. They will het to know a bunch and only decide later by themselves which religion (or none!) they identify with. Oh and that I will not convert just for him. If he can't agree on this then it's not meant to be.

Comment

1. It's a very bad idea to marry anyone of a different faith.

2. However...if your "faith" is only to a religion (such as Sufism, Reform Judaism or Roman Catholicism, for example) or you adhere* to a worldview (atheism, agnosticism, humanism, etc.), then an inter-faith marriage is OK if you are of the same culture. That kind of "faith" is at best irrelevant and at worse, malleable.

3. Marrying outside your culture will be more difficult than marriage within your culture. How much more difficult will depend on the personalities of the spouses.

* in the sense of "having faith"

Comment

If I end up with anyone, one thing that I definitely make sure clear from the beginning is that the kids will not raised according to any specific religion. They will [get] to know a bunch and only decide later by themselves which religion (or none!) they identify with. Oh and that I will not convert just for him. If he can't agree on this then it's not meant to be.
                      Then from what I have gleaned about your personality and what you have said above, you had best consider a moderate atheist or strong agnostic as a partner. Your convictions are too rooted to bother with anyone else.

Comment

If I end up with anyone, one thing that I definitely make sure clear from the beginning is that the kids will not raised according to any specific religion. They will het to know a bunch and only decide later by themselves which religion (or none!) they identify with. Oh and that I will not convert just for him. If he can't agree on this then it's not meant to be.
                        It's easier said than done. Here's something to think about in metaphor or as in expression puts it "

Which is easier for anyone, the person who receives and count the whip lashes or, the person whom he counts and delivers them to the recipient"?

​Again, to your answer, it depends if you are the deliverer or the recipient or receiver in this case.

Comment

I voted for "All I want is a filthy rich person. I don't care about faith or culture" because money talks louder than any prejudices about culture and/or religion.

*Money talks, money shouts song paying in the background*.

Comment

Damn i'm a gold digger, because it's only one reliable option among them all.

I love nobody aside of me, but i love money, much money..... it's bring me more happiness than sex, maybe sex on mattress filled with money.
                            Last edited by Hades91; 01-10-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                              Damn i'm a gold digger, because it's only one reliable option among them all.

I don't love nobody aside of me, but i love money, much money..... it's bring me more happiness than sex, maybe sex on mattress filled with money.

As the saying goes, I've been rich and I've been poor, and rich is better.

Doh...

Comment

Working...
                              X