Building one's opinion on love/sexual diversity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building one's opinion on love/sexual diversity

Through your life, what made you change your mind or confirmed your beliefs when it comes to the diversity in love and sexuality ?

Without getting deep into why you embrace or abhor such diversity (plenty of other topics went there and we'll never see the end of that debate anyway^^), I would just like to know about your experiences, people you met or read (other than direct religious speech) or whatever was crucial for you on that matter.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Like diversity in relationship between two different races, or cultures, etc?
    Nothing really changed my mind, enough to watch a VS Fashion Show to notice that women are attractive regardless of a skin color, or something

Comment

No, excuse my poor use of words, I meant diversity as alternate forms of love/sexuality (e.g. everything that's not plain heterosexuality)

Comment

Originally posted by Patafix View Post
        No, excuse my poor use of words, I meant diversity as alternate forms of love/sexuality (e.g. everything that's not plain heterosexuality)
        Oh this.
        A so called "migrant crisis" in Europe did change my opinion a bit. This massive flow of people with hostile ideology (islam). Let's say I realized there are bigger problems and threats to society than just two kissing guys or something.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

Oh this.
          A so called "migrant crisis" in Europe did change my opinion a bit. This massive flow of people with hostile ideology (islam). Let's say I realized there are bigger problems and threats to society than just two kissing guys or something.

The terror industry that is administered by the US in Middle-East resulted in this migration crisis.
          It is not fair that the US gets the benefits from wars, and let Europe handle the waste of terror industry.
          Europe should send those migrants to the US.

Comment

Through your life, what made you change your mind or confirmed your beliefs when it comes to the diversity in love and sexuality ?

Without getting deep into why you embrace or abhor such diversity (plenty of other topics went there and we'll never see the end of that debate anyway^^), I would just like to know about your experiences, people you met or read (other than direct religious speech) or whatever was crucial for you on that matter.
            I don't know what you're expecting with opening this thread mr. Pathetix, a christian crusade against homosexuality?

Comment

Originally posted by muad View Post

The terror industry that is administered by the US in Middle-East resulted in this migration crisis.
              It is not fair that the US gets the benefits from wars, and let Europe handle the waste of terror industry.
              Europe should send those migrants to the US.
              Don't even try that, we love white burgers and leafs like our brothers on the other side of the pond, but we hate their establishment like ours what doesn't understand nowadays the meaning of boarders and is shitting permanently on our national cultures which created their wealth and global power.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

I don't know what you're expecting with opening this thread mr. Pathetix, a christian crusade against homosexuality?
                My naive self still hopes one can share their experience without instantly flaming and heaping imprecations upon the rest of the world.
                Please make my dream come true before I die.

Comment

My naive self still hopes one can share their experience without instantly flaming and heaping imprecations upon the rest of the world.
                  Your dream won't come true, not on a virtual forum anyway. Your question is best anwered in person, at a dinner table around a nice meal with friends. Bring wine.

Comment

My country is really thick with religiosity and all religions that are practiced in our country forbid homosexuality. One day there was a talk show about this subject.

So I watched this gay, talking about his life and his hope for people to understand their position. You can see his lips trembling a bit. You can see he try to hid some of his troubled heart by making a joke out of his experience. After his turn, then it was the turn for the other side, the religious one and I don't like what I see. I see this sense of superiority/self-righteousness/etc.

To be fair, there are 2 or three Christians who share their sympathy with the gay.

They don't agree with the lifestyle, but they treated him as another fellow human being when they voice their opinion, with respect.

Which I think the best approach for religious people to deal with the subject. So your believe/faith stated it as a sin, and that's what you believe, otherwise you won't become a believer. That's fine, you don't have to agree with their lifestyle, but you should respect them as another human being. There is no need to feel like you're a better person than them, you just happen to be a hetero instead a homo. Doesn't mean you're a better person or human being.

Comment

"Building one's opinion on love/sexual diversity"

on love or in (for) love / on d...k or in (for) ass?

I think the d...k lives in order for the ass lived. But when an ass has no shame, she is on d...k.

Last edited by dmitri11; 01-13-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

comparing to the 90ties where it was normal to abhor homosexuality in my society it changed in the publical awareness as well as in my personal one.

The topic was discussed over the decades in public and interesting facts came to light. For example how many people are affected and what it means for their lifes.

On a personal level it helped to get to know homosexual people. Three I know - they are all very different. One is absolutely open about it, another one absolutely closed and tries to keep it a secret and the third one needed more than 10 years to tell me.
                        By far the easiest is it with the one who is absolutely open about it. That is the normal way to handle it. Everything else leeds to being an outsider - lies need to be told, or too many things can not be told. That is a very weird thing in the long run.

And it is quite interesting to discuss with a homosexual couple about everyday life problems.
                        Last edited by Suna123; 01-13-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Then stop complaining, the mending you so desire should begin on you,
                          I'm sure this day will never come that hypocrisy and lack of objective self perception will die out.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

And it is quite interesting to discuss with a homosexual couple about everyday life problems.
                            Really, is that so different as usual female vs. male competition, where she got the entire day under your skin as well as you under hers and only the moment of intimacy after sex is healing the relationship?
                            I suppose homos love to complain about society, because they do it in every forum/socialmedia as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                              Really, is that so different as usual female vs. male competition, where she got the entire day under your skin as well as you under hers and only the moment of intimacy after sex is healing the relationship?
                              you should not marry when it is like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X