Why are we choosing wrong partners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we choosing wrong partners?

Interesting topic to discuss and to exercise english? I'm one of them... always choosing wrong partner
    Please read an article... full article on link below
    "The search for a soul mate is one of the imperatives of our times. It is equally important as the social status or successful career. But , most of the people search for their soul mates at the wrong place, being next to those who are in a way toxic , but are always there. As the time goes by, both men and women are getting used to the fact that they are being attracted by the wrong people, but psychotherapist, Dr Zoran Milivojevic says that this doesn't have to last forever..."
    Last edited by DraganM; 04-15-2018, 03:57 PM.

Because people look for the type of partner they think they want, but not necessarily one that they need or good for them.

Comment

Because love makes blind.
      Last edited by LadyJosh; 04-16-2018, 10:25 PM.
      La tête en bas et les pieds en l'air ! Oh lÃ* lÃ* !

Comment

I`d say that erectile dysfunction is a very sad thing, when you have ed you feel really upset that you can`t have sex while others enjoy it, it`s great that there are such manufacturers #1 AWC Canadian Pharmacy , their drugs are really helpful, you don`t need much of them, one pill will help you greatly pal!

Comment

I agree that choosing the wrong partners is often caused by one's own behavioral habits. And of course it's hard to consider the choices objectively when the strong feelings of love rush over. And later when the hormonal phase calms down people usually realize if they've made the wrong choice. Also people change themselves. I think some people these days (in a western culture especially) seem to be after strong emotions and passion and think that love is always a path of roses. But when the "falling in love" should turn into a "steady everyday love", many people seem to find it boring and feel like the passion's gone and start questioning if the partner is right.
          My opinion is, that in a long run loving someone is a choice and love requires work.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFox View Post
            I agree that choosing the wrong partners is often caused by one's own behavioral habits. And of course it's hard to consider the choices objectively when the strong feelings of love rush over. And later when the hormonal phase calms down people usually realize if they've made the wrong choice. Also people change themselves. I think some people these days (in a western culture especially) seem to be after strong emotions and passion and think that love is always a path of roses. But when the "falling in love" should turn into a "steady everyday love", many people seem to find it boring and feel like the passion's gone and start questioning if the partner is right.
            My opinion is, that in a long run loving someone is a choice and love requires work.
            You make some excellent points. During the infatuation stage of falling in love your brain is being flooded by dopamine, serotonin and other feel good chemicals. But over time that type of chemically fueled "love" decreases and romantic partners are going to need other things, like personal compatibility, shared values and goals, to maintain a happy, functioning relationship.

Yet the images we receive from movies, songs and pop culture in general is that "love conquers all" and some people get married and start having kids even when their relationship is obviously not a healthy one. That type of dysfunctional "love" is bound to fail in the long term.
            Last edited by ChrisShiva; Today, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X