Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any long- distance relationships out there who actually worked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any long- distance relationships out there who actually worked?

    Hey, everyone!

    My partner and I met on the Internet and we've been "going out" (or whatever you want to call it) for over 9 months now, which isn't that much, but we're planning to close the distance soon enough so I believe it to be a great step! I didn't think long-distance relationships could really work, but as things are going between us, I'm starting to believe it may be possible. So I want to hear some positive and encouraging stories from you guys in the same position!

  • #2
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years, and though it's hard to have this kind of relationship, I hope that we will continue to stay together

    Comment


    • #3
      You need to have courage and faith in yourself for a close relationship.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have been married for 5 years to my wife who I met online originally (a language exchange site), we managed to survive through 4 years of living on opposite sides of the ocean, though we did have time together every 6 months or so, it is a difficult path, requires a lot of trust, honesty and communication, but yes it is possible to succeed and can be very rewarding if your relationship survives the process.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Steven73 View Post
          I have been married for 5 years to my wife who I met online originally (a language exchange site), we managed to survive through 4 years of living on opposite sides of the ocean, though we did have time together every 6 months or so, it is a difficult path, requires a lot of trust, honesty and communication, but yes it is possible to succeed and can be very rewarding if your relationship survives the process.
          Congrats to you sir .wish you best of luck for future too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by imvp View Post
            Hey, everyone!
            So I want to hear some positive and encouraging stories from you guys in the same position!
            Lol, how about not so positive ones?
            While I heard stories when LDR was successful, I still see it as an exception, not as a rule. I'd personally never "date" anyone I met online. But I guess it comes down to what you see as dating, and what criteria you set for that.
            I'd advise you not to search for confirmation posts tho, it's a path that will eventually lead to delusion. Try to consider all sides before you make any decision. Good luck!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by imvp View Post
              Hey, everyone!

              My partner and I met on the Internet and we've been "going out" (or whatever you want to call it) for over 9 months now, which isn't that much, but we're planning to close the distance soon enough so I believe it to be a great step! I didn't think long-distance relationships could really work, but as things are going between us, I'm starting to believe it may be possible. So I want to hear some positive and encouraging stories from you guys in the same position!
              I have been in a relationship with a woman from Siberia for more than seven years. The distance and the visa requirement are obstacles. We have been travelling together the last couple of years.

              Comment


              • #8
                Friends,

                my wife is from the country of Ukraine. we have been married for 13 years. We live in usa.

                If you are going to do this, the odds are against you. and you better have a STACK of cash, and be ready to spend it.

                So one success story. But of the Russian mail order brides she knows.... Most end in divorce.

                good luck.

                dr. Darrell of Michigan.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ohh I'm also a Ukie..hard to find honest Ukrainian girls that aren't all mixed up in their heads

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As my own opinion it works! Actually, if you both have the courage to do it, then go for it! I've been into this long distance relationship for 4 years and it works, we even had the chance to live together now we're separated again but , everything is going well... Is very important to have a plan for the future and you must work hard for it, if you love her/him then fight!
                    Good luck everybody!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have been into a distance relationship for 9 months now too and, personally speaking it's hard but you both have to encourage yourself and work for the distance to get closer. I'm not sure when I will meet my boyfriend and sometimes I kinda lose hope or faith but I know he is a great boy and he loves me so fucking much that for me everything is worth it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AgussPlobnrg View Post
                        I have been into a distance relationship for 9 months now too and, personally speaking it's hard but you both have to encourage yourself and work for the distance to get closer. I'm not sure when I will meet my boyfriend and sometimes I kinda lose hope or faith but I know he is a great boy and he loves me so fucking much that for me everything is worth it.
                        Good for it! It's going to work as soon as you put in a lot of effort and that's how it will work, you'll see it with time. In my personal experience, it is quite difficult but, once you have achieved it, it is really incredible and you will see that all the effort has been worth it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It will never work bro.. Go drink your milk and sleep

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I want relationships with an honest girl

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've not experienced a Long distance relationship, but I have friends who are in them. As long as a constant true commitment is there on both sides, these relationships do work. You need to have a great deal of trust in each other and be open and honest when you do communicate.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X