Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone on here actually met someone they genuinely connected with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone on here actually met someone they genuinely connected with?

I'm quite curious to know if anyone on Interpals has "met" and actually developed a strong bond with someone's.
    If so, how did it proceed and is it still going on?
    I must admit that it seems pretty nice to connect with others regardless of our locations, language, culture etc
    I wish I could experience something like that at least once in my life.

Yes, I have two correspondents who write to me regularly for over one year now. Both are Polish women. One is 26 and the other is 68. Corresponding is a two-way street: if both participants are willing and interested, the relationship grows much like a real-life relationship does.

Comment

Suprisingly enough, I connected well with couple of people I met on this forum. Sadly, they don't post anymore, but we regulary talk on WA. So it's definitely possible and I agree with Roger that it's a two-way street.
      Mutual hatred to someone or something makes the bond even stronger.

Comment

I've been talking to another guy who also lives in SE Asia for awhile, long enough that I've lost track of how long.

For me it seems problematic talking to people because of my age; I'm 49, soon to be 50. Most of the people on this site are in their 20s and 30s, and whether or not it really works out that way the difference in age is seen as a divide in perspective. To some extent I guess it could be, or typically is.

It doesn't seem difficult to talk to someone a little based on shared interest but per my experience that discussion extending to anything like a friendship would be atypical.

I currently talk to one other guy on another site who I ended up meeting in real life when he and his wife visited Bangkok. Beyond that online connections relate to a shared subject interest.

It seems just as interesting to talk to women instead, but even without a romantic interest as a main premise that as potential context seems to not work so well. Any degree of personal attraction seems to build in a life cycle of interest in talking to that person, if the idea is to only talk to someone remotely.

Shared subject interest can help; it's something to talk about, and common ground. Only talking to explore a foreign culture is a bit vague.

Comment

I've been here for approx. 2 years, on and off, communicating with 2 pals for more than 18 months. I noticed that as soon as you realise you talk long enough with a person (and still not lose interest), all communication moves to email or Skype/other apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_ice View Post
            I've been here for approx. 2 years, on and off, communicating with 2 pals for more than 18 months. I noticed that as soon as you realise you talk long enough with a person (and still not lose interest), all communication moves to email or Skype/other apps.

Yeah interpals just isn't really great for long term conversation, it's much more convenient to just pull out your phone and pretty much send a text message as opposed to dealing with the mobile website for interpals

Comment

I have a friend whom I met on interpals and we have been in touch for nearly 10 years! He is very humorous, reasonable, kind and loves cats When I feel sad and need to share things, I message him and his answers cheer me up. I can definitely call it online friendship. I also correspond with a couple of people who I share similar views with for example, it is fun.

Comment

Plenty plenty plenty and not going to stop.

Comment

Yes, I have been talking to someone I met on here for four years now! We have written letters, sent postal mail and last year I flew to Russia to meet them in person!

Comment

Definitely! I've found a friend from here over 3 years ago. We still talk daily on WA and last summer I flew to Berlin to medt him

Comment

Yea I have a bunch of people on here that I have had really deep friendships with. A couple of them I have been friends with them since I started my IP like 12 years ago lmfao

Comment

I met with someone on here a little over three years ago. We dated for a while, but things didn't work out. Regardless, we are still friends and we talk all the time even though I moved back to the US. He actually ended up moving to the US too, but he lives in Cali, and I live in Florida.

Comment

I've been on here for about seven years on and off and have met some great people. I've had people from Turkey and Brazil fly to London to meet me. I've travelled by train to France and Belgium to meet others. And I'm now in Thailand meeting someone else, who I first spoke to on here. Be brave, and take the plunge!

Comment

Working...
                          X