Can love be teached ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can love be teached ?

Do you think you can genuinely learn from a coach or a book or a set of rules how to find and keep a loving relationship ?
    More generally, what/who would you trust to give you advice on that and what would you base your trust on ?
    (If this raises other questions, feel free to add them or start a topic!)

In terms of consciousness of mature personality stage love can't be taught. However it's a part of emotional framework we appropriate in very early phase of life, together with some preferences about look. The relationship between parents to parent and parents to kid molds many emotional reactions of a person even before the kid begins speaking or to recognize itself in the mirror. Every thinking process starts with an emotional impulse that gives everyone of us the tendency that determines our conscious way of thinking.

In relation to the question, yes love can be taught in some extent but not with books and knowledge.

Comment

No, that's wrong
      Maybe taught

Comment

People try to teach children through 'Care Bears' stare.
        So i think it can be taught, whether children master it or not is another question.

Comment

It seems to me that this question is 50% rhetoric and the other half wants to know how unrequited Love can be

Comment

Once I've met someone on an internet dating platform, it was quite clear that we have very much in common, and one day, we've talket about this and that, and she said "I have the best parents in the world". And I repeated, that's not possible, cos I have the best parents in the world.

Finally it didn't work out, but if it did... I think we could be a really good couple, cos both of us have learned how to love. From our parents.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenmadness View Post
              Once I've met someone on an internet dating platform, it was quite clear that we have very much in common, and one day, we've talket about this and that, and she said "I have the best parents in the world". And I repeated, that's not possible, cos I have the best parents in the world.

Finally it didn't work out, but if it did... I think we could be a really good couple, cos both of us have learned how to love. From our parents.
              so... it wasn't love at all.
              But.. How do you want exchange with your partner things like body language while sleeping and chemistry that exists among two people over texting in internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91x View Post

so... it wasn't love at all.
                But.. How do you want exchange with your partner things like body language while sleeping and chemistry that exists among two people over texting in internet?
                The chemistry didn't work. But all the things we thought about how a relationship works, were very similar, and were intuitive for both of us. So if only the chemistry would work...

Comment

No
                  Love is individual experience that you create and learn by yourself
                  Love is relative and each one has his own meaning of love. There is no standard meaning of what is love.
                  People's emotions,reactions,attitudes etc are different during relationships so you can't project them on you.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenmadness View Post

The chemistry didn't work. But all the things we thought about how a relationship works, were very similar, and were intuitive for both of us. So if only the chemistry would work...
                    It's pointless to start a serious relationship with wrong chemistry, some girls don't have it independent of their appearance.
                    I need a woman for any kind of actions not someone I love platonic like a sister.

Comment

Love isn't a conscious emotion and isn't certainly rational like most emotions.
                      The counter reaction to love is hatred, when you reject several times someone who loves you but the person has still a little spark of hope that you love this person somehow, the reaction will result in hatred. ( I experienced that over years, despite I avoided the person if I could )
                      Love doesn't bring that much joy to love someone but the most satisfaction comes from being loved. Convincing someone that you stopped to love them is often very cruel and inelegant process, it's necessary because their subconscious ego denies to accept the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91x View Post

I need a woman for any kind of actions not someone I love platonic like a sister.
                        that would be difficult, girls nowadays have obsession to call their partner 'oppa'.

"oppa~.., i miss you oppa~..."

Comment

Originally posted by green3apple View Post

that would be difficult, girls nowadays have obsession to call their partner 'oppa'.

"oppa~.., i miss you oppa~..."
                          "oppa" (older brother) at least not "Opa" (german for grand father)
                          they call me "ciacho" ( a cookie) and they are the cookie monsters LOL

Comment

You must love yourself just until you find love.

Comment

Nope, how to love cannot be learned once you’re an adult. You will invariably reproduce the relationship style you had with your parents. If you didn’t learn to love adequately with them, your emotional life will be inadequate with your partner later on. Sorry...

On the positive side, it is possible for a person to learn techniques for better interpersonal relationships. With rigorous practice of such techniques and a sincere desire to overcome your problems, progress towards a satisfying emotional life may be possible...not often, but it’s possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X