What's your favorite movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite movie?

What about it do you think makes it the best?

I like movies based on true stories. The first that comes to my mind is 'Changeling', directed by Clint Eastwood. I didn't think I would like it at first, Angelina Jolie is not among my favourite actresses, but to me, this movie was her best.

Comment

My favorite movies are Dirty Harry starring Clint Eastwood. I would like to see him make one last Dirty Harry movie, where he retires...

Comment

My favorite the Amelie.. and why would be favorite? I love the music, the pictures.. visuality.. but most.. the story. the girl personality.. and how the film talk about people.. how lovable and fragile they are, how unperfect but lovely they are.. how is the playfulness and the happiness in this film.
        If you dont mind I would share my other favorite films here too, maybe I can inspire somebody to watch them:
        Before Sunshine, Il Postino, Billy Elliot, East is East, Zahrada, Les enfants du marais, Left lugagge, Big Fish, Forrest Gump, Love Actually, Im Juli, The Butterfly Effect, Song of the Sea, Waking Ned Devine,Frida, Breaking the Waves, About Time, Le Peuple Migrateur, Adam's apple, Moulin Rouge, Jerusalem.
        I love all time traveller films, for example Back to the Future.

I love really much the brtittish films, usually can be deep drama and comedy in the same time.

Comment

Forrest Gump (1994)

Comment

Originally posted by Flaminguera View Post
            I like movies based on true stories. The first that comes to my mind is 'Changeling', directed by Clint Eastwood. I didn't think I would like it at first, Angelina Jolie is not among my favourite actresses, but to me, this movie was her best.

I haven't seen that one. But I do like movies based on true stories.The best one I've seen this year was "The Free State of Jones" about a community in Mississippi who left the Confederacy during the US Civil War. Some people think all white Southerners were racists and supported slavery during this era. But even in the backwoods of a place like Mississippi this wasn't always true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ka-May-Ah View Post
              My favorite movies are Dirty Harry starring Clint Eastwood. I would like to see him make one last Dirty Harry movie, where he retires...

As a child of the 70's and 80's I certainly remember the Dirty Harry movies being a big thing at the time. But I didn't watch them. My favorite Clint Eastwood movie was the one where he was friends with an orangutan.

Comment

Originally posted by Talise12 View Post
                My favorite the Amelie.. and why would be favorite? I love the music, the pictures.. visuality.. but most.. the story. the girl personality.. and how the film talk about people.. how lovable and fragile they are, how unperfect but lovely they are.. how is the playfulness and the happiness in this film.
                If you dont mind I would share my other favorite films here too, maybe I can inspire somebody to watch them:
                Before Sunshine, Il Postino, Billy Elliot, East is East, Zahrada, Les enfants du marais, Left lugagge, Big Fish, Forrest Gump, Love Actually, Im Juli, The Butterfly Effect, Song of the Sea, Waking Ned Devine,Frida, Breaking the Waves, About Time, Le Peuple Migrateur, Adam's apple, Moulin Rouge, Jerusalem.
                I love all time traveller films, for example Back to the Future.

I love really much the brtittish films, usually can be deep drama and comedy in the same time.

Most of these movies I haven't seen. But I did like Frida and am interested in that period of revolutionary art in Mexico which included her and her husband Diego Rivera. Trotsky also lived with them for awhile. But he and Diego had a falling out. So Trotsky was living elsewhere in Mexico City when he was killed with a ice pick by an assassin working for Stalin.
                Last edited by ChrisShiva; 10-20-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

My hollywood favorite movie is the planet of the apes....

Comment

I've recently watched Fight Club. Impressed me very much

Comment

A few of my favourite movies are :

The pursuit of happiness
                      Beautiful Mind
                      Silence of the lambs
                      Shawshank Redemption
                      The Prestige
                      there are so many..i just remembered a few of these

Comment

Gone With the Wind

Comment

Kamikaze Girls

Comment

It may vary but The Bodyguard is a firm favourite.
                            The songs, the drama, and Kevin... if you read this, you can bodyguard me anytime anywhere any way

Ghost could be another favourite for the same reasons, except I find Demi hotter than Swayze honestly.

Comment

Shindler's List

Comment

Working...
                              X