Places to find reptiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to find reptiles

I seemed to think that only Australia is the place to find many species of reptiles. I was proven wrong, so now my curiosity hits! Where else are there satisfying amounts of reptile species? Obvious answers are welcome, for the "newbies" amongst us, but please share the underrated, unknown destinations too.

Under my back porch

Comment

They're in the Buckingham palace. Heheh

Comment

What would you do with one if you caught it?

Comment

I found there were are plenty of Lizards in Langkawi, Malaysia. Clouded Monitor lizards plodding around the rain forest don't do any harm (up to 1.5m length).
          Last edited by look4swissmiss; 12-23-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

It depends on what you are looking for. Here, snakes are all around but they often go unnoticed because they tend to be shy and are well camouflaged. But if you are observant, you see them.

The other day I came across a beautiful four foot long Canebrake Rattlesnake. It was just sunning itself on the base of a tree along a river bank. I disapprove of killing snakes out of hand as well.

Comment

I've added a profile photo of a sidewinder snaffling a lizard in Singapore's new 'Gardens by the Bay'. A film crew was arriving just as I was leaving, to make a programme on predators.

Comment

Komodo Island - Indonesia. Check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_(island)

Comment

This time of year, you can find reptiles in a shelter you might have built during the summer. In Britain, you start with land 'under stewardship' which means the municipality allows you to dig holes. Once you have dug a hole (2m x 1.5m x 0.33m deep) fill it with small logs, all facing the same direction. Then spread leaf mould over the top and throw more logs on randomly. That's it! What do you expect will live there? Adders (vipers), grass snakes and slow worms (legless lizards).

Comment

Check out Arizona reptiles.

Comment

Florida has plenty- you can't go outside without seeing at least 3 anoles a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X